Photo

Nightfinder

6 replies to this topic

#1 nerfdude101

nerfdude101

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

How is the Night Finder Compared to the TT?
wuzzzzuuuuupppp!!!!![COLOR=red]

#2 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 04:34 PM

depends how you mod them. If you converte the TTG into a micro gun you get similar power to a moded NF. I marker barreled my TTG and removed the air restriction in my NF, they get similar ranges with nerf micros. I find however the TTG tends to shoot higher when aimed level with a NF.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 06:03 PM

The NF owns the TTG in size, comfort, rof, accuracy, and range, cost, but its a bit harder to mod.

THIRST
ko

#4 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:54 PM

The NF owns the TTG in size, comfort, rof, accuracy, and range, cost, but its a bit harder to mod.

THIRST

I don't have a TTG but I think that the NiteFinder is pretty easy to mod. 9/16 brass fits nice and snug into the air restrictor receptor, just epoxy that part to the plunger tube and you are just about good to go. Not only this but the NF has a perfect ridge for mounting bands onto. Is the TTG really easier than this? I think I would still rather have 2.6 NFs than the 1 TTG that I can get for the price though.

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:52 AM

Is the TTG really easier than this?

Yes, all you have to do on the ttg is put a barrel on basically...For the NF, you have to drill out 1 air resictor, drill out the circular peice resting on the lunger, and then glue your barrel on...But thettg is more prone to breaking the plunger head/tube.

THIRST
ko

#6 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:10 PM

If I had the choice between a NF and a TTS, I would most definitely go with the NF.

Nite Finders, above all, are cheaper. They're smaller. Don't listen to THIRST. They're really not that hard to mod. My NFs get very good range, and all I did was glue a barrel onto the plunger cap, as shown here:

Posted Image

It works fine. I used PETG on one, and CPVC on another. I like them both, and they both get equal ranges. Just get a NF. They're cheaper, and don't come with a big, bulky target.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#7 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 04:59 PM

If you quote me correctly, I never said they were "hard" too mod. What I said is that the internals of the TTG are simpler because there is only one plunger tube cap, and there's nothing to drill out, whereas on the NF, there are 2 plunger heads, and you have to drill out 2 air restrictors. Definalty go with the NF, its smaller, looks cooler, and is alot cheaper.

THIRST
ko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users