#26 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

I didn't use an elbow, I just plopped a dart into the end, so loading is very fast. I need to put some PETG in there to hold the dart in the barrel. I think ranges would probably depend a lot on the strength of your respiratory muscles, and how well your darts fit.

Which Menards did you get your sch80 PVC from? The one on University Ave doesn't have any.

#27 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

I didn't use an elbow, I just plopped a dart into the end, so loading is very fast. I need to put some PETG in there to hold the dart in the barrel. I think ranges would probably depend a lot on the strength of your respiratory muscles, and how well your darts fit.

Which Menards did you get your sch80 PVC from? The one on University Ave doesn't have any.

Yes they do, you just aren't looking in the right spot. SCH80 doesn't come in 10 foot lengths. You will find it a foot at a time, with threads on both ends. Thats all it is, and it is an isle over from the regular fittings. Its in little tiny racks near the front as you get off the moving walk. Trust me, its there.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#28 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:44 AM

Yes they do, you just aren't looking in the right spot. SCH80 doesn't come in 10 foot lengths. You will find it a foot at a time, with threads on both ends. Thats all it is, and it is an isle over from the regular fittings. Its in little tiny racks near the front as you get off the moving walk. Trust me, its there.

Okay, I was looking in the section with the 10 ft lengths. I suppose I'll have to go on a field trip tomorrow.

#29 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, SCH 80 comes in smaller sections too. I think the Ace and Menards I go to both have SCH80 in 1 ft lengths and in 10 ft lengths. I've never actually bought any, because I haven't had a use for it. Pretty much all the stores I go to (Goodwill, Menards, Ace, Target, Walmart, and rarely The Home Depot) are here in Apple Valley. If not, they are in Burnsville. The only thing I buy in St. Paul is thinwall CPVC, because the Ace here stopped carrying it.

#30 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, SCH 80 comes in smaller sections too. I think the Ace and Menards I go to both have SCH80 in 1 ft lengths and in 10 ft lengths. I've never actually bought any, because I haven't had a use for it. Pretty much all the stores I go to (Goodwill, Menards, Ace, Target, Walmart, and rarely The Home Depot) are here in Apple Valley. If not, they are in Burnsville. The only thing I buy in St. Paul is thinwall CPVC, because the Ace here stopped carrying it.

Ive never seen SCH80 in 10ft lengths. Are you on drugs again?

Dude, my phone got destroyed. Im kinda upset about this.

#31 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

I'm not kidding; I'll take a picture of the 10-foot lengths when I go to Ace and Menards later.

Sucks to hear about your phone. Youíre probably dying now because you can't text your girlfriend constantly.

#32 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

I'm not kidding; I'll take a picture of the 10-foot lengths when I go to Ace and Menards later.

Sucks to hear about your phone. Youíre probably dying now because you can't text your girlfriend constantly.

Actually, she dropped it in the sink. It was pretty funny, and its not that bad. I just don't know what time it is because I always checked my phone for that.

#33 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Take the battery out of your phone and let it dry for a few days. Modern electronics are very hardy.

#34 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

Take the battery out of your phone and let it dry for a few days. Modern electronics are very hardy.

I let it dry for the whole night, in rice, and turned it on this morning. Works fine, but some buttons are fucked up and there is water damage to the screen. Oh well, I found a new phone anyway. Anyone done any research into the Audiovox XV6700?

#35 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

I would prefer longer lengths of PVC than 1'. Seeing the reactions in this thread, they must exist somewhere.

Busta: The Audiovox XV6700 is Verizon's re-branding of the HTC Apache. Here's voluminous quantities of information about that phone. As for whether it's good... here's a questionaire:
What are you looking for in a phone?
Do you want a qwerty keyboard or not?
What service are you using it with? (Verison and Sprint uses CDMA, while AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM. The Audiovox XV6700 is a CDMA phone)
If you're getting a smartphone, what operating system do you want to use? Windows Mobile, Symbian, Palm and Android are the main ones. Blackberry uses their own OS, and Sony Erricson uses Symbian with a different front-end. Most phones use a proprietary OS.
Is size an issue? The Audiovox XV6700 is a brick.
What is your price range? You can get older phones on craigslist for a reasonable price.
Finally, make a list of little nit-picky features you need: bluetooth support, a microsd slot, etc.

Posted Image

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 28 February 2009 - 05:37 PM.

#36 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Assuming it's okay with Koree, how does this Friday or Saturday night sound for another indoor war? I texted Koree, didn't get a response. I'm hoping he sees this. I figured we should plan this a bit more in advance.

I've also got some more stuff I want to sell. I have four fucking stock, mega shooting TTGs. I'll sell them for $6 each, $10 if you buy two of them. I still want to sell my Blastfire that has a dryish O-ring. I'll try and replace the O-ring soon. For some reason the top-most barrel on it shoots really weak compared to the other four. I'm will to let this go for less than $16. I've also got a stock tek ten, a SM250, a SM350, and a first shot that has no barrel currently.

#37 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

I'll take a ttg venom.

The room is being requested, there's another event just before our regular time, so i need to clear it with the scheduling services at hamline. I'll let you guys know.

#38 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

There is a indoor war at Hamline scheduled for Saturday night 7pm at the student center. If you do choose to come, please post here and i'll give you more specific directions on how to get there.

Koree

Edited by koree, 03 March 2009 - 10:51 AM.

#39 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

Good to hear it. I'll make an effort to come. Facebook link?

#40 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

Hell yes, I'm coming. I should be able to get there okay this time. I would appreciate if there were somebody to direct us once we go in the building. Maybe you could make a picture walkthrough of how to get there. Perhaps you should post a separate topic for this so it doesn't get as overlooked.

Edited by venom213, 03 March 2009 - 04:41 PM.

#41 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • NerfHaven Supporter

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

Hell yes, I'm coming. I should be able to get there okay this time. I would appreciate if there were somebody to direct us once we go in the building. Maybe you could make a picture walkthrough of how to get there. Perhaps you should post a separate topic for this so it doesn't get as overlooked.

Here ya go:

http://www.facebook....62218091&ref=mf

#42 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

I've been rounding up people like crazy for this. I'm confirmed, as well as Secret Assassin and another friend. There is yet another friend who is possible, I should know sometime tomorrow if he can go. We should be able to stay for the whole thing this time. We will try to get there early, but It doesn't seem to matter because it will undoubtedly start late. Maybe on facebook it should say "arrive by 6:45" so that we can actually start at 7:00.

#43 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

Double Post. I tried hard to prevent it.

Edited by venom213, 05 March 2009 - 06:12 PM.

#44 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

Haha, double post. Anyways, I'm bringing Joe and should show up at 6:45.

#45 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

How was it this time around?

I'm looking forward to going to one of these...
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#46 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

Pictures!

Posted Image
An overview of the staging area

Posted Image
Koree was using his +bow with an arrow shooting barrel. Crazy bastard.

Posted Image
An overview of the play area.

Posted Image
RF20 vs Sword. Winner: Sword.

Posted Image
Busta's CrossSNAP during a lights-out game.

#47 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

I'm surprised what little posting has happened. This war wasn't a big deal though. Anyway, here are a few pics and a few highlights. I'll post the rest tomorrow or later tonight.

This one is pure BLASPHEMY! Julian doing a Guru rip-off with my Splitfire and his Crossnap.

Posted Image

Julian looks tactical, and ridiculous.

Posted Image

Julian looks even more tactical and ridiculous. Beaver is shocked in the background.

Posted Image

A few highlights:
-Seeing how fucking amazing Beaver is with Blow(job)guns. I could never shoot one more than like 40 feet.
-Using my Guru knockoff. BBB with attached SF FTW!
-My specific stock-dart barrel doing pretty well. That gun is just not meant to use stock darts though. The replaced springs make it way too powerful.
-The in the dark regular style round sucked ass. That's one of the reasons why I've always hated the idea of having a "night war" like they do in California.
-That one guy got shot in the eye. He's kind of a douche and targets me all the time so I didn't feel sympathetic.
-Jake's Titan "spawn tubing" at the beginning of rounds.
-Seeing a titan missile essentially "ride the ceiling". It was fucking crazy, it somehow got in a position on the ceiling so it kept gliding way farther than it should. It traveled most of the length of the room.
-Getting my friend Andrew into nerf. He bailed on a past war, but he had legit reasons unlike.........
-Cashew. I had everything set-up perfectly and conveniently for him to come, but he simply didn't feel like it. He's been bailing on wars for 6 months now.

Overall, pretty fun war. I really want to nerf outside now though. I miss being able to use guns to their full potential, having space to run, the stefans, the space, and people who actually know what the fuck they are doing and don't just go around and pick up other people's stuff and bring it somewhere else.

Edited by venom213, 09 March 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#48 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

Some of my own highlights and thoughts:
-I got to try out a splitfire for first time ever. A fun gun, but I'll stick with my SM1.5k
-My blowgun worked beautifully. It was accurate and powerful. However, a lot of stock darts did not work well. Taggers seemed to give me the best performance.
-My DTG kicked ass during the zombie round.
-My 3B, however, sucked. I have modded 4 of these, and I have never gotten very good performance out of them.
-Facing off against Busta: me with blowgun, him with lightsaber. I just barely missed him.
-I finally got rid of my Powerclip and SM3k. Koree, I owe you 10 bucks.
-The zombie rounds were fun. Darkness, not so much.
-I would like to use stefans next time. My barrel materials don't fit stock darts well.
-I need to make a Roto Rocket shotgun.
-My DTG needs a shoulder strap. It is a wonderful close quarters weapon, but I need two hand to operate my blowgun.
-The Guru rip-off seemed effective. I need to strap my switch-shots ultra under my +bow, so I can be the ultimate poser.
-All the college students were going "WTF is with all these highschoolers?"

-Seeing how fucking amazing Beaver is with Blow(job)guns. I could never shoot one more than like 40 feet.

Blowing is a learned skill. There's a reason I'm good at it.
I tried out some stefans this afternoon with mile-high foam and sch80 PVC. They were not quite hitting 100'. The ranges were very inconsistent; I think they were around 65'-95'. Mile High Black fits well win sch80, but I think an even looser fit may be necessary to get the best ranges.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 09 March 2009 - 10:23 PM.

#49 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

Beaver: In this kind of place, I really don't think stefans are a good idea. I mean, if we were in a gym or something that has concrete or brick walls, maybe. The tri-shot attachment I made for my roto rocket was insane. The barrels were only 3" long, but it still shot insanely hard. I chased my friend around my house with it, cornered him, and shot him. He said it felt like 3 big blasts.

If you want to be a poser, I'll be producing semi-homemade Splitfires soon. They utilize a pair of Hornet Tanks with a homemade trigger, new pump, and homemade shell. I would definitely sell/trade one to you.

I can't believe those blowgun ranges. I'll have to try blogunning when I'm fully grown and my lungs can hold a massive amount of air. I can't wait to see a blowgun in action at MNSBW. I hear they are deadly because they are so quiet that your opponents can't hear them.

#50 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

The reason I use felt-tip stefans is because they don't cause damage indoors. You can use them safely provided you don't use guns like Big Blasts and +bows.

The main trouble I'm finding with my blowgun is that it is very tiring to use. Shooting shot after shot and running around was leaving me winded. Also, the inconsistency in the ranges was causing major problems at the war: many of my shots landed far short of where I meant them to go. I'm really digging the accuracy and the silence, though. It makes no noise at all when I fire. Another practical problem is keeping the dart from falling out when it is loaded. There needs to be a slightly tight opening in which to load and the dart, but the rest of the barrel needs to fit loosely (i.e., the dart will fall all the way through from gravity). But make that section too tight, and the gun will be very hard to fire. Once I solve that problem, I'll be able to set up an RCSB system and significantly up the ROF of the blowgun. I'm not quite convinced of the war-effectiveness of the thing yet. It has interesting capabilities, but there are a lot of practical problems with the concept.

I'm certainly interested in your home-made splitfires. Bring one to MNSO so I can try it out.

/thread derailment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users