9 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

I was surfing youtube when I found this video:

http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

The description says it's a prototype, which I though was weird. The strangest thing about it is the size! It's huge, way bigger than a normal vulcan, and looks to be firing gargantuan darts too. It fires a lot slower, and sounds pretty powerful...Has anyone seen this before? Discuss.

Piney edit: Yeah, I thought it looked like a display/demonstration piece too, having to do with the N-strike game (based on the board he was shooting).

Edited by Captain, 21 February 2009 - 05:21 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#2 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

I'll betcha it's a promotional display prototype, since it looked like a bunch of Hasbro geeks were there, as well as that big-ass display thing that Nick shot at.

Too bad it looks like it's hype, though. :D Not much power but that would be fun to (try to) run around with some.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

I remember before the vulcan came out there was talk about some sort of Mega- Vulcan. This is probably a prototype of it. OMC said it was never going to happen, and then the idea just kinda died.I'm sure OMC knows more about it.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#4 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

Oh, yeah, I saw that a couple months ago. I just figured it was their prototype for the regular vulcan, mainly because that one was so big and so slow. I don't know though, if it really were a new version coming out I'd buy it immediately. Not exactly for the power of the gun, but for the pure intimidation of seeing someone coming at you with a giant 15 pound nerf gun.

#5 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

I'm under the impression that that was the original design for the Vulcan, but upsized for mechanical proof of concept.

Like, they made it bigger to prove that the mechanics could work, then proceeded to make the "small" Vulcan when they were sure.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#6 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

This doesn't seem to be an exact prototype, as the rof is much slower. Maybe thats just for the proof-of-concept to make sure everything worked?
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#7 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

There was already a topic on this.
OMC said that it would never be mass-produced, because it was only a promo item.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#8 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Yea I saw that some time ago.

Hilarious, tbh. The darts went like 10 feet and started to spiral out of control XD But it's cool actually. I'd like to run around at a Nerf war with that and see the look on some people's faces after they get shot with that.... Lol.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#9 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, I read the old topic. I guess I missed it when it was first posted because the title had nothing to do with the vulcan.

I was under the impression that the "Mega Vulcan" was that minigun-looking thing from the N-strike game, because OMC was telling people that would never be made also. I got confused, I guess.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#10 TheDisciple

TheDisciple

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

The gun is the same size as the normal one

Everyone in the video is a midget and the architecture of the building is adjusted to their height
:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users