Photo

Mod' Help "good Samaritan"

17 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hello fello' Nerfers, I need some help. i just finished watching the movie Hellboy 2 and its kinda a lame movie in my eyes, but something caught my eye, Hellboys 4 barrel revolver named non-other than the Good Samaritan. After thinking for awhile i thought it could be done, but i need some help.

Things I need help with
Barrel Type,
What gun to start off with,
And last if you people think it is possable

(If you don't know what it look likes it looks like this.)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Thanks ahead of time
(Sorry if this was in the wrong forum to post this in.)

Edited by nerfer9987, 20 February 2009 - 02:27 PM.

touch it gently. Put two fingers inside. if its big put three. rub it in and out. that's how you clean a glass
perv
Night Finder for sale- http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14340

#2 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

I highly doubt it could be done starting off with a nerf gun. There (as far as I know) is no Nerf revolver with only 4 barrels. Maybe an older gun has it, but nothing you could buy today. Scratch builds are always possible, but it doesn't sound like that's something you have access to.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

I highly doubt it could be done starting off with a nerf gun. There (as far as I know) is no Nerf revolver with only 4 barrels. Maybe an older gun has it, but nothing you could buy today. Scratch builds are always possible, but it doesn't sound like that's something you have access to.

Thank you for your feedback, for the 4-barrel revolver there is the Airtech 1000 and 2000 as far as I know.
touch it gently. Put two fingers inside. if its big put three. rub it in and out. that's how you clean a glass
perv
Night Finder for sale- http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14340

#4 banana432

banana432

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

There (as far as I know) is no Nerf revolver with only 4 barrels. Maybe an older gun has it, but nothing you could buy today.

The At1k is pretty easy to find but I doubt anyone could turn one into a samaritan.
EDIT: nerfer99887 beat me to it.

Edited by banana432, 20 February 2009 - 02:20 PM.

#5 KingofWinning

KingofWinning

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

http://www.indymogul...de/BFX_20080707

It's not a working gun, but there is a prop that you could build into a working gun.
Known as WhyModIt? on the chatroom and NHQ

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Yes, it would be possible, no, it wouldn't be easy and it will be function follows form. Making something like this wouldn't give you a good war gun, just a cool looking gun.

EDIT: I hate that indymogul guy's videos. His videos take forever to load and he's kind of annoying. Also, I won't if he knows what sandpaper is? That gun could have definitely been better.

Edited by slowguitarman, 20 February 2009 - 04:11 PM.

Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 KingofWinning

KingofWinning

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

Yes, it would be possible, no, it wouldn't be easy and it will be function follows form. Making something like this wouldn't give you a good war gun, just a cool looking gun.

EDIT: I hate that indymogul guy's videos. His videos take forever to load and he's kind of annoying. Also, I won't if he knows what sandpaper is? That gun could have definitely been better.

I agree that it could have looked better, but his videos are very useful for filmmaking and prop making. But yes, he does have certain characteristics that could annoy some people... :mellow:
Known as WhyModIt? on the chatroom and NHQ

#8 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

I thought about it, and to use an existing nerf gun, it wont look exactly like it, but we can get fairly close. I'd say either start with a maverick or a rachetblast if you can find one.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#9 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

I agree that it could have looked better, but his videos are very useful for filmmaking and prop making. But yes, he does have certain characteristics that could annoy some people... :mellow:

Yeah, he does have some good ideas. I just don't like how he conveys his ideas.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#10 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

1. Don't disrespect Hellboy 2. It's criminally underrated.
2.You could make a homemade that looked like the Samaritan, if you were very, very good at design and fabrication. Think Vimes' Schofield.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#11 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

A side of Nerf made a "samaritan" but it really doesn't look anything like it. (no offense.) Right here
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#12 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

^None taken^

I wouldn't recommend that gun at all though. I brought it to a war and it flat-out sucked. 40 Pumps for what...a 100 foot shot?
War practical, no.
Looked cool, yes.
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#13 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

I've been working on a polycarbonate gun that is based of The Hand of God from 3:10 to Yuma. It is a six-shooter and uses the same trigger design as Vimes, and a unique rotating method. I'll post it once I'm done.

Also, by the looks of it, you have a good idea with the tan in the handle, and the pump idead. Good luck.

Edited by Silencer, 20 February 2009 - 11:50 PM.

TMC

#14 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

If you look at the pictures of the raider, there is a gun in the back right of the pics that look like it could work, though it hasn't been released yet.

I would post the pic, but I can't get to the page for some reason.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#15 nerfkid3

nerfkid3

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

Ice ever herd of the airtech2000. (sorry everyone beat me to it.)

nerfer9987 I think this would be really a good idea and I might have to try to make one.

~~~~NK3

Edited by nerfkid3, 22 February 2009 - 09:26 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#16 zezjek

zezjek

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

You could make one out of pvc, and add a replica of the weird barrel-lock design for the buzz bee double shot and use a secret shot internals. With some good use of styrofoam, wood and some leather scraps (as well as amazon painting skills) this could be possible....
That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet

-VACC
"...your account will not be functional until Dec 30, 2033 5:39pm..."

-The Infinite Shindig

Ouch.

#17 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

Well I think it looks a lot like a l'n'l at the front an some cosmetic mods cold be done for the handle and the turret couild be fake.

#18 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

What you're looking at is perhaps frankensteining something onto a Pirates of the Caribbean Pistol. The revolver would probably be something like an AirTech 2000 tank, and you may be able to sneak a SSPB pump someplace in the handle. The front part above the actual barrel looks like you might be able to get away with scrapping up some plastic and gluing it to a Tactical Rail.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users