New Gun Found

think it is new

14 replies to this topic

#1 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:37 PM

it is made by ruff stuff and Is called the tek ten. It shoots 10 darts semi-auto cocking about 20 ft straight. It is no bigger than a fastblast.It comes with a target.there are 4 other guns in the line, The Teksix,twin tek(includes 2 pistols),theLightning strike disc shooter, and the Lightning strike ball blaster.Im notsure if anybody else has seen these but i didnt see a topic so i made one.PICS COMING SOON :lol:

#2 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:45 PM

Ge the pics!!! Hurry!! :lol:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#3 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:47 PM

it is made by ruff stuff and Is called the tek ten. It shoots 10 darts semi-auto cocking about 20 ft straight. It is no bigger than a fastblast.It comes with a target.there are 4 other guns in the line, The Teksix,twin tek(includes 2 pistols),theLightning strike disc shooter, and the Lightning strike ball blaster.Im notsure if anybody else has seen these but i didnt see a topic so i made one.PICS COMING SOON :lol:

Like I said on NerfHQ, these guns are nothing new. Jangadance already made a topic about it.

http://www.nerfhq.co...opic.php?t=4437
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#4 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 06:54 PM

Twin Tek pistols: Talio tried these out, hasn't modded them yet.
Tek 6: it's a SM250/SM350 or AT1k
Tek 10: interested in hearing ranges and especially spring/plunger sizes
Disc Shooter: your average foam disc shooter...
Ball Blaster: your average ball blaster, like the Reactor

Both of the Lightning Strike guns do feature cheap camera flash-like lightbulbs.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#5 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:29 PM

do you know if there are any mods for the tek10

#6 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 09:38 PM

Open it up and find out. If you need help, measure the spring and plunger tube and report back to us.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#7 vuko44

vuko44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:32 PM

Where can you buy the Tek guns?

#8 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:50 PM

The ones that I found were at my local K-mart. You may be able to find them at other retail outlets.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#9 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:38 PM

send me a picture of it anybady lovinlfiesjoh32@netscape.net ^_^

#10 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 05:23 PM

i opened it up and i put some 1/2 inch cpvc down the barrels(had to hit with hammer) but now i am having trouble getting it to shoot. If i gat it working i will report back to you. Also the spring size is close to the size of a nite finder. But I am not sure if I should take out the small rubber thing that is at the end of the plunger tube. It muffles the sound but it also looks like it greatly reduces the airflow. If you have any suggestions tell me because this is probably will end up being a destroyed gun but we will soon find out.

Edited by uche-uche, 12 February 2004 - 05:23 PM.

#11 vuko44

vuko44

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:10 AM

I bought a set of the tek pistols at kmart and they seem really promising. I opened one up to find a heavy-duty spring, a great seal on the plunger, and the whole thing was well lubed (ha...lubed). I am probably for now going to add a marker barrel to see how wistling micros work.

The drawback to this gun is that it seems to be made for small hands. The trigger is just a little to small for a comfortable grip.

At ten bucks, these are a good deal. Plus, they are pretty simple so it would be hard to screw them up.

#12 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 08:41 PM

i single barrel modded the tek ten using 1/2 inch cpvc. It shoots about 40-70 ft depending on the dart.I dont think it is possible to multi barrel mod it cause it has to bad of a seal. Hope this helps.

#13 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 08:45 PM

Sounds cool, if someone would post pictures that would be nice... most significantly, of the internals, maybe comparing the plunger tube to some other gun if you can. The range would probably be better with nested brass, but how big is the Tek Ten? Pistol sized?
"The 'dance goes on..."

#14 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:46 PM

the tek ten is about the size of a short fastblast

#15 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:07 PM

I saw the tek 6 at TRU today. I also saw the tek ten but didn't get it. I think there from the airzone series, not sure though. What I did buy was a gun in the airzone series, but its a remake of the ultimator basically.
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users