Photo

I Want Info On The Roto-rocket

25 replies to this topic

#1 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Ok, recently I have seen a roto rocket on the forums and I have couple questions about it:
-ranges
-modability
-your opinion of the gun
-do you have one to sell for $10shipped

Edited by k9turrent, 19 February 2009 - 06:47 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

First the ranges are equal to or higher than a singled titan I have heard.
Second its modability is low in my opinion because you can really only make a trigger for it and add an adapter for the "barrel" which is really part of the air tank.
Third my opinion of it is it is too powerful for singled with darts unless you pump it a few times, but it would be fun to shoot various things from it such as mini footballs or practice/nerf balls.
Finally I do not have one for sale.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 19 February 2009 - 07:07 PM.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

They are excellent for larger projectiles. I can shoot a 12 gram practice golf ball 50-60 feet with mine. It easily hits the projectile limit of 75 feet for arrows, on about ten pumps. Any more than that and they explode.

The real problem, though, is that they MUST be pumped at least 10 times, or the trigger will not fire the mechanism. It just leaks out a little air. I have lots of fun with mine though. You can't have either of them, so Nyah, nyah.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

It's pretty much illegal for me to not post in this topic. I can talk about the roto rocket for hours. Here's mine in its current state:

Posted Image

The airtank exploded right after the last war. It was one of the craziest nerf moments in my life. My friend and I were waiting to get picked up at the park we have wars at and I started pumping my roto rocket. Right when I realized the release valve hadn't kicked it; I hear an ear splitting BOOM! And plastic goes flying at hits my face. There were pieces of airtank all over the parking lot. I recovered what I could. It was cold outside so that probably had something to do with it. Here is a link to more pictures and a description.

But to answer your questions:

The ranges are the farthest I've ever seen a nerf dart go. With normal darts, a 1ft long tight/snug barrel this thing got 150+ feet (flat) easily. With a loose and longer barrel, and heavier darts I can see this thing passing 200 feet. I would get so scared when I tested it because it shot so much farther than my other guns, so it was harder to judge where the dart would go, thus making me afraid I would hit something like a house or a car.

There isn't very much to do mod on this gun. On mine, I took it apart, took out the safety, put a pipe fitting over the stock barrel. The pipe fitting I used fits so well over the stock barrel that I didn't need to glue it on or anything. I made various attachments for it. One shot balls, one-shot titan missiles and 3 dart shotgun things, another shot mini Vortex Footballs. I could never get the footballs to shoot well though.

I recommend it though, it's cool. Just be careful and don't use it in the cold.

#5 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

There isn't very much to do mod on this gun. On mine, I took it apart, took out the safety, put a pipe fitting over the stock barrel. The pipe fitting I used fits so well over the stock barrel that I didn't need to glue it on or anything. I made various attachments for it. One shot balls, one-shot titan missiles and 3 dart shotgun things, another shot mini Vortex Footballs. I could never get the footballs to shoot well though.

What were the ranges like using the titan missiles?

#6 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

Is this the right one?
http://www.target.co...t/dp/B000MSY826

It's on clearance for $5.24, definitely seems worth getting, even just for fun.

Edit: With shipping it comes to $12.29, not bad. Would anyone recommend this? I need to start thinking about it more before I rush into buying it... Woot has me thrown off about impulse buying.

Edited by Hipponater, 19 February 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#7 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Where can I get one?

#8 loni

loni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Where can I get one?

Well I could just tell you to actually read the posts that have been posted before yours and backseat mod (damnit, I just did that, ah vell). But seriously, its called Amazon, or ebay, or any other convenience stores (i.e Target, WAL*MART).

-Loni
"I don't nerf to see who is the best, I nerf to see who is the biggest bitch"

#9 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Ok thanks guys,

And from what you are telling me, this is one of the strongest nerf guns out there right?
If the OPV isn't plugged would it be war legal? cause I like the look of this one over the BBBB

Edit: With shipping it comes to $12.29, not bad. Would anyone recommend this? I need to start thinking about it more before I rush into buying it... Woot has me thrown off about impulse buying.

And I saw this exact one, thus the creation of this thread

Edited by k9turrent, 19 February 2009 - 10:28 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#10 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

If the OPV isn't plugged would it be war legal? cause I like the look of this one over the BBBB

I think very few wars would allow this gun - its capabilities border on dangerous. Also, you need to pump it a lot. A 4B is more practical in any case, since it primes faster.

EDIT: that said, I myself ordered myself one tonight. This should be a good gun just to screw around with.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 20 February 2009 - 12:23 AM.

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

This blaster is unlikely to be war legal when micro singled. Shooting larger ammunition, though, most should be okay with it. It's pretty hardcore. I felt very lucky to find a Nat-Geo version at goodwill for $5. Just because they are not heavily sold. The stock rocket is pretty fun to play with too. :D

Edited by Draconis, 20 February 2009 - 01:44 PM.

#12 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:05 AM

How many pumps do you give yours?

#13 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:22 AM

Personally I wouldn't allow it at any of my wars unless it was shooting larger objects purely because when venom shot it at a tree it got stuck in the bark and you couldn't remove it.

#14 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

ok, So just how many barrels would this gun need to use as a safe micro scatter gun?

Edited by k9turrent, 20 February 2009 - 08:31 AM.

QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#15 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

Definately recomend the gun. It will shoot anything you put at it, and will decimate certain darts, Megas are almost a requirement. I recomend adding a handle to where the barrel is. You can get them for like $20 at target, its definately worth it for a gun that powerful.

#16 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

The stock rocket is pretty fun to play with too. :)

One of these days when I'm feeling thirteen, I might just paint one of the Roto Rockets ... let's just call it a "peach" sort of color.

Nice. "The more you pump it, the higher it shoots!" If only there were a payload....

ok, So just how many barrels would this gun need to use as a safe micro scatter gun?

Three or more would probably do.

How many times do you pump it?

It won't shoot until at least ten, the directions say 10-20, and it's about 30 until the OPV on mine engages. You must me actively pumping, though. You can't pump it and then go looking for a target. BOTH of the units I own leak slowly. I don't know if it's a design flaw or feature... so kids can't leave it pumped and then toss it in the toy box?

Edited by Draconis, 20 February 2009 - 01:58 PM.

#17 lambchop

lambchop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

I just finished ordering my roto rocket 12 dollars including shipping from target. WIll give my review when i recieve it. Excpect 3-5 days for delivery. :mellow:
Just keep swimming just keep swimming STOP

#18 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

I would say more than 3 barrels, at least 4. At my B-day Party, I shot my friend point-blank and singled with my Roto Rocket. It was probably the worst nerf dart injury I've ever seen. It left a huge bloody welt, and you could still see the mark 2-4 weeks later. I also shot another friend with my 3 barrel shotgun attachment. Although the barrels were way too short (3"), the thing still shot like a beast. I chased him around my house with it, then cornered him and shot him point blank. He immediately yelled out in pain, and I think it left marks. He doesn't know a lot about nerf, but from what he knows, he said that the shotgun attachment "hurt as much as a Big Blast".

NerfCrazy: The dart didn't get lodged in the tree, it just managed to squeeze into a crack. It still takes a powerful gun to do that though. I could have taken the dart out, but I just left it there because it was so amazing. I still have a picture of it on my phone, I'll show you on Saturday.

Edited by venom213, 20 February 2009 - 06:57 PM.

#19 Secret Assassin

Secret Assassin

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

I shot a chipmonk or some other forest creature with one.

#20 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

And that makes you a complete douchebag. I believe it puts you in violation of the COC, too. Hey, admins? can we add that in if it's not already there?

#21 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

And that makes you a complete douchebag. I believe it puts you in violation of the COC, too. Hey, admins? can we add that in if it's not already there?

I read the Coc and it kinda seems appropriat(sp?) but the only reason I'm sticking up for him is because I hate the damn things more than I hate Dean guitars.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#22 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

Well whatever he does with his nerf gun is his issue, let the admins decide his fate.

but it is a douche move to shoot semi-Innocent woodland creature. But if it was for pest-control against raccoons I might understand.
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#23 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

whoops

Edited by k9turrent, 20 February 2009 - 10:57 PM.

QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#24 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

Guys, SA was just kidding, calm down. It was an inside joke at a war we had in September. Some noob kept saying we should shoot a squirrel with my Roto Rocket. I finally said he could, because I didn't think he could hit it. He shot, I couldn't tell if he hit it, but the squirrel ran. Later SA shot at what he thought was a squirrel, but it was log or something. His reaction was hilarious. So all day when we saw a squirrel, we would say "A squirrel! Get the Roto Rocket!". I do understand the concern. Such a weapon could be fatal to a squirrel.

#25 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

ok It's all good, But for my survival training exam, A few animals were...used to help my mark. They tasted gamey...
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users