Carbon-style Plunger

Need Materials

8 replies to this topic

#1 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hi Nerfhaven. I am almost done with my SNAP Rifle and the last part I need to do is make the plunger head. I am making a Carbon-styled plunger head as the title says. I am going to buy all the parts off of McMaster-Carr but I am not familiar with the search engine functions. Would somebody be able to find all the parts for me on McMaster-Carr? The materials needed for the plunger head are listed here and are listed in the Plunger section. I only need the 3/16” x 1.5” rubber fender washer, #6 Finishing Washer, 5/32 x 7/8 washer, and #6 x .75” Oval Head machine screw & nut. Any help would be highly appreciated.

~nrg

EDIT: I forgot to mention to post the materials in links. Thanks.

Edited by nerfnrg, 17 February 2009 - 10:23 PM.

Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
VindictivePancake~ "i've seen hot 10 year olds" - T2heavy
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#2 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

You'd probably be better off getting all those from a hardware store in small quantities. You'll need to get the rubber washer from a hardware store anyway, as McMaster doesn't carry suitable ones. They should be fairly easy to get from hardware stores; I get mine at Lowe's. Conversely, you could probably buy those things from a member for a reasonable amount.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#3 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

You'd probably be better off getting all those from a hardware store in small quantities. You'll need to get the rubber washer from a hardware store anyway, as McMaster doesn't carry suitable ones. They should be fairly easy to get from hardware stores; I get mine at Lowe's. Conversely, you could probably buy those things from a member for a reasonable amount.

For those of you who don't know, my parents are stalker free freaks which means they don't even allow me to give lets see name, work addresses, even old home addresses that we don't use. (We haven't sold our old house yet and we just moved.)

~nrg
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#4 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

So, how are you going to buy those items online if you can't give out your address or even your name? Anyway, just do what rork says and go to your local hardware store(i.e. Lowes, Homie D's, Ace, and De Naults) so there not as highly priced and saves you shipping.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

Yea so... I agree with nerboi... going to a hardware store and giving out your address are two very different things. As well, it will be much cheaper than buying in bulk from MMC, and as an added bonus you can see if the parts fit before you buy them.

On another note, it's best you get used to the search function, not just for this forum but because most things worth having in life, you have to look for yourself...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#6 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

If you're going to Home Depot, you can find the 3/16"x1.5" Rubber Fender Washer in the drawers labeled "Neoprene Washers". I spent almost an hour there looking for them last time. Finishing washers are usually in a huge pack, so what I did was keep ~ 15 of them for building SNAPs, and used the rest for stefan weights. 2 washers per dart has been the best, in my experience.

You don't actually need to use a fancy 3/16" bolt - I just used a wood screw and screwed it directly onto the endcap. The woodscrew basically tapped the hole, so now I can adjust with a normal Phillips-head screwdriver.

Hope that helps!

#7 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

If you're going to Home Depot, you can find the 3/16"x1.5" Rubber Fender Washer in the drawers labeled "Neoprene Washers". I spent almost an hour there looking for them last time. Finishing washers are usually in a huge pack, so what I did was keep ~ 15 of them for building SNAPs, and used the rest for stefan weights. 2 washers per dart has been the best, in my experience.

You don't actually need to use a fancy 3/16" bolt - I just used a wood screw and screwed it directly onto the endcap. The woodscrew basically tapped the hole, so now I can adjust with a normal Phillips-head screwdriver.

Hope that helps!

What Home Depot do you go to as in town and state and what is the general area the fender washers are in such as appliances or flooring? Do you know where I can get the regular washers?

~nrg
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#8 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

Google, dude. Find a hardware store where you live. All the stuff you need is in Hardware. Just look around, for god's sake.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#9 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

I go to the Home Depot in San Jose, CA, but even in the other Home Depot's I've been to, like in Tracy, the stuff's in the same place. Like Rork said, it's all in the hardware section. The regular washers should be in the same aisle, on shelves or racks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users