Rfr Troubles

getting that spring out......

6 replies to this topic

#1 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

Well today I decided to replace that pathetic spring in the buzz bee Rapid Fire Rifle but......how do you get the spring out?? its attached to that plastic peice that help prime it and I don't want to cut anything...also how would you go about putting a nitefinder spring in there also?
QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#2 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

You have to take out the metal pin.

#3 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

Sorry for the double post. There was a computer glitch.

Edited by twenty4, 16 February 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,075 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:37 AM

I don't think you'll be able to add an extra spring into there unless it is smaller in diameter than the RFR spring. Also, the NF spring is weaker than the RFR spring.

#5 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

In my experience, RFRs are mediocre. They get horrible range even when modded, and reloading is a bitch. I modified (does anyone use that word anymore?) one with a Mav or some sort of spring alike and added it to the stock one...significantly harder to load a shell and it got maybe 10 or 15 feet more. Topping out at 40 or so ft. If you want a RFR that works well, reinforce the internal parts with aluminum tape or epoxy putty...anything that doesnt affect the performance. Unfortunately mine broke after a day of use. It was a nice gun while it lasted.

I've never tried it, but I was going to make a breech that works similair to an Angel Breech, only with a 2K as power source. Dont have any 2Ks or brass to spare so this project is at the bottom of the list.

Edited by AJ.Z, 16 February 2009 - 11:50 AM.

#6 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

AJ.Z is right. I also broke my rfr shortly after doing a spring replacement. The catch is extremely brittle and very awkward when compared to nerf catches. If you're going to put a more powerful spring in there, reinforce the catch first.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#7 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

Wll I got it out and I stretched the NF spring to the point where it barely fits on the thing and to make sure i get better ranges I added a small but good industrial spring inside the NF spring....I thank you guys for your help

Edited by foxdemon82, 16 February 2009 - 03:20 PM.

QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users