By Nerfer9, trying to help a freind

5 replies to this topic

#1 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Well, the SS2 has to be the farthest shooting pistol EVER. With ranges of over a hundred, it is a spectacular primary even with the pistol form. I made this one the day I joined up because I owe the NIC. It’s the least I can do to post such a simple write-up. Thanks to: Blue (for the gun itself), Baghead (for his write-up, and bendystraw (for his write-up.)
Ok, so enough with the introduction!

Now before you pop open the gun, and take out all the screws on the left side with all the screws, take out the screw to the secret barrel on the RIGHT side. If you don’t, then it will be ABSOULUTE hell to get the spring back in place. Then open up all the screws on the other side, but not the secret barrel screw.

Posted Image

This is the gun stock . Pretty, isn’t she?

Posted Image

The internals:

Posted Image

Start by plugging the pump with some super glue, or hot glue. I chose superglue.

Posted Image

Unscrew that screw and take the assembly out.

Posted Image
Cut the barrel with pipe cutters at the last ridge, closest to the tank.

Now, you should see the peg. Rip it out and you should have just the base. If the base came out completely, forget this step.

Posted Image
Now pump the gun till it’s completely full, and drill out the base, making sure you don’t puncture the valve. It should look like this when fully finished. Don’t forget to let out the air.

Posted Image
One thing I noticed is that PETG fits perfectly in the stem of the tank, and acts like a coupler. So, cut a 6’’, a 3’’, and a 4’’ piece of PETG. Put the 3’’ piece the barrel, Don’t goop it though, you want it to be removable.

Posted Image
Now, drill the AR out the back of the secret barrel.

And put the piece 4’’ inch piece in the secret barrel. You might want to put some tape around it, but it fits without in if you push it in far enough

Now find something that fits over and seals the two pieces of barrel. Then, goop it on. Make sure it’s airtight.

Put the barrel assembly back in the case, put the secret barrel release back too, making sure it’s in the right place. Then put the black piece that holds the ammo holder in place.

Posted Image
Make sure everything is in its proper place, and close up the gun. Make sure the secret barrel is working.

Now, to use the gun wit the secret barrel, keep the 3’’ main barrel inside the barrel. To use the 6’’ peic of PETG as a barrel, take the 3’’ piece out, and replace it wit the 6’’ piece.

Hope you enjoyed this write up. All credit goes to Nerfer9, since he is banned until further notice he asked if I could post this for him and I was happy to do so.

He got ranges of.
102 ft
105 ft
116 ft (good dart)
108 ft
109 ft

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 15 February 2009 - 10:57 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#2 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

Wow nice mod this has convinced me to find an ss2.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#3 Mukersman

Mukersman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:26 PM

This is a good detailed mod, but it makes me SO MAD!!!!!! :ph34r: :blink: :o :angry: I had 3 SS2s! 3! and we sold them because I thought the nightfinder was cooler! UGH!

#4 Secret Assassin

Secret Assassin

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:27 PM

Wow nice mod this has convinced me to find an ss2.

Ha that will be one wild goose chase.

Please everyone don't mod this gun and if you do, don't plug the pump. Mine as busted cause of pump plugging, and 2 of my friends SS2's have. These things are dying out fast and need to be preserved.

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

These things are dying out fast and need to be preserved.

My opinion on this is that blasters are meant to be used. Yes, plugging the pump will shorten the life of the SS2, but it cannot be used to it's full potential without plugging it. And there is no other gun that packs as much of a punch in pistol form.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 15 February 2009 - 11:47 PM.

#6 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

I have 2 of these beasts but one of them has a screwy check valve, easily fixable via a replacement from mcmaster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users