Photo

I Need Opinions On Older Guns!

22 replies to this topic

#1 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

Ok guys, since I'm sorta new to nerf I am in-experienced on the older styled nerf guns! I have some 20$ and I would like a good secondary, pistol sized gun. Some thoughts I got off the bat were at1k,2k,3k,4k,tek 10, tek6, and I've heard the Super maxx 1500 and rapid fire 20 were pretty cool secondaries, but I use a Titan for an outdoor primary, so I could use a smaller weapon. Another thing is, I will be modding the gun I get so if one of these ain't so good stock but amazing when modded, tell me and I'll give it a shot! I would also like a high RoF since the Titan is a slow gun to reload, pump, etc. So, throw out suggestions, and if your selling maybe I'll buy!

Chris

#2 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

You can't go wrong with an AT2k.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#3 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

I'm just concered about reload time since I already have a pump primary. I'm more on the cock side in this case.

#4 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'm just concered about reload time since I already have a pump primary. I'm more on the cock side in this case.

I'm tempted to Sig this.

AT2k only takes 3-4 pumps to fill the tank. The range output you get from one is more than enough to offset whatever amount of RoF you sacrifice, which isn't all that much.

Edited by dizzyduck, 15 February 2009 - 12:59 PM.

Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#5 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

Oh, well hows its range compared to I guess one of the leaders in my mind, the tek10.

#6 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

It's not even a contest. The Tek 10 has the same spring and plunger tube as a Tek 6, and you're looking at a max range of about 50 feet, even with heavy modding. An AT2k can reach ranges of 80-90 or further with just a few simple mods.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#7 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

I've got an LB or an AT2K in my sales thread.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#8 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

How much are you selling the AT2K for? I may have to bite on this one :).

Edited by Chris is cool, 15 February 2009 - 01:06 PM.

#9 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

Look at the reviews on Nerfcenter. They have a lot of useful information about the older guns. Unfortunately, they dont have a review on the AT2K.

Edited by cheesypiza001, 15 February 2009 - 01:07 PM.

#10 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

You can also look at The Project Nerf NerferWiki as it has information on virtually every blaster ever released, including the AT2K.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#11 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the review sites, but I'm just looking for which of the guns that stated, or a different one, is best fit for my description.

#12 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the review sites, but I'm just looking for which of the guns that stated, or a different one, is best fit for my description.

It would be the AT2k. Small, powerful, one of the more flexible guns you can own. The 3k would be an okay choice too, but it is quite a bit bigger.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 15 February 2009 - 03:02 PM.

#13 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

Ok guys, since I'm sorta new to nerf I am in-experienced on the older styled nerf guns! I have some 20$ and I would like a good secondary, pistol sized gun. Some thoughts I got off the bat were at1k,2k,3k,4k,tek 10, tek6, and I've heard the Super maxx 1500 and rapid fire 20 were pretty cool secondaries, but I use a Titan for an outdoor primary, so I could use a smaller weapon. Another thing is, I will be modding the gun I get so if one of these ain't so good stock but amazing when modded, tell me and I'll give it a shot! I would also like a high RoF since the Titan is a slow gun to reload, pump, etc. So, throw out suggestions, and if your selling maybe I'll buy!

Chris

at1k-avoid it offers little performance, the lesser of the air tech line.
at2k-a good choice, with the turret gets decent ranges but with a coupler gets amazing ranges.
at3k-I personally love this blaster, good ranges(80 ft) with the turret. A little complicated to mod but more readily available compared to many other blasters.
at4k-great if it takes you a longtime to reload your titan due to it's 12 barrels, but takes long to reload itself. OK ranges when mods are done.
tec6,10-to be sacrificed for parts. Not very good in my opinion for outside war scenarios.
super maxx 1500-I don't really have any experience with this gun. From what i hear it is a great primary witch could mean you could not use your titan witch would be banned in most wars. try finding one for that cheap.
rapid fire 20-not used in most outdoor wars. gets 40 ft 50 if you are lucky. If you want to mod them you will need a lot of work and practice under your belt. don't expect the eyes of fire to be your first mod and come out perfectly.

Additionally whatever blaster you chose should be based on your experience in modding and how you play. Also do you play indoors or outdoors mostly, that will decide what kind of ranges you need. hope this helped.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#14 cheese killer

cheese killer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

um... his sig says a soon to be teen/philosopher

so how old is he?

Edited by cheese killer, 15 February 2009 - 04:37 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature
~Lolcats: A Metaphor for Hope~

#15 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

For $20 bucks you can either buy a modified AT2K or you could get a stock AT2K and modify it yourself. If you have any money left over you could buy a Nitefinder at Wal-Mart and then modify that with a #49 spring and a cpvc barrel. This is probably all you're going to be able to do for $20, and yet is a solid weapon combination.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#16 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:17 PM

It's not even a contest. The Tek 10 has the same spring and plunger tube as a Tek 6, and you're looking at a max range of about 50 feet, even with heavy modding. An AT2k can reach ranges of 80-90 or further with just a few simple mods.

Yeah, the Tek line should be reserved exclusively for indoor nerfing. I don't know about all the versions of the tek 10, but for me, the tek 6 has greater range than the tek 10 because the tek 10 has a shorter plunger draw. Same spring, tube, and everything, just shorter due to the design of the slide.

The SM series as far as I know is discontinued, and I don't think $20 is enough to get one.

I have to go with consensus here and go with the AT2K. Good range, easily modded, and legal, unlike the Titan in most wars.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#17 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

um... his sig says a soon to be teen/philosopher
so how old is he?

1. You only need to be 13 to be on this forum, and up to 19 to technically be a teen philosopher.
2. Do i need to mention your sig. fascist hypocritical goober. Yes, I went there
3. Don't knock at a guy that's asking a genuine question, he likely hasn't been to major Nerf wars and wants to be prepared. Give him a break.

#18 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, the Tek line should be reserved exclusively for indoor nerfing.

They work great indoors, but they are very out-classed by other pistols outdoors.

#19 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

If you are looking for a relieable side arm I would recommend the AT2K or AT3K. They are rather simple guns and are very fast to reload for a air gun. (4-5 pumps) If you are looking for a spring gun i would recremend the simple and effective nightfinder. They take little time to mod and are very effective. All you have to do to mod the nightfinder is improve the seal, couple it to cpvc, and if you really want switch out springs. (I recommend ether adding a crossfire spring or switching the spring to an industial spring) Really if these guns are modded well the can be almost as good as most primaries. (AT2K/AT3K 100+ feet, nightfinder 60+ feet)
hope this helps...

-nerfbros
We have no sig.

#20 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

If you are looking for a relieable side arm I would recommend the AT2K or AT3K. They are rather simple guns and are very fast to reload for a air gun. (4-5 pumps) If you are looking for a spring gun i would recremend the simple and effective nightfinder. They take little time to mod and are very effective. All you have to do to mod the nightfinder is improve the seal, couple it to cpvc, and if you really want switch out springs. (I recommend ether adding a crossfire spring or switching the spring to an industial spring) Really if these guns are modded well the can be almost as good as most primaries. (AT2K/AT3K 100+ feet, nightfinder 60+ feet)
hope this helps...

-nerfbros

My personal preference for the nf is this. Add a tech6 spring, remove ar's, and put a cpvc/pvc coupler on it. Done.

#21 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:51 AM

Sorry I have'nt replied in a while and thanks everybody for your support. I will be getting an at3k or at2k for my b'day next week. Oh and ps: im 12 turning 13 in a week, and I bet on hell I've done more mods than you, WITHOUT any write-ups. So don't lie bout the younger guy!!!

#22 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

Good thing you're almost 13, so you won't be banned for very long. You know that you have to be 13 to be a member here, right? Lying is not cool, Chris.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#23 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

Oh and ps: im 12 turning 13 in a week

Our policy is pretty clear. You confirmed that you were 13 or older when you applied for membership here. I'd like to believe that you will be turning 13 shortly, but your less than truthful nature in the past makes me question that claim as well. An email will be sent to the address you specified upon registration (let's hope you were more forthcoming in that department) with the details of your suspension.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users