Photo

N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

61 replies to this topic

#26 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

Well, we've all seen the prototype of this gun - it's nice to know some things about it.

35 shots - Stored in the barrel . Nice for a primary, not going to run out any time soon...

"rapid fire" - When you hold down the trigger, and pump, the shot is fired when the gun is fully cocked (It doesn't wait for you to release the cocking mechanism, and you're already pressing the trigger). Although you'll lose accuracy when pumping the thing, it'd be good to use this feature at close range to unleash a bunch of darts at someone.

I'm looking forward to this one, should be good :)

Edited by NightCabbage, 11 February 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#27 Skorpion

Skorpion

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

This will probably be the best nerf gun ever! Its almost worth it just for the drum mag.

#28 bobbybilly60

bobbybilly60

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Off-Topic: What is bad about the vulcan?

On-Topic: Since it's the 40th anniversary they might be going back to some of the early blasters for ideas, like the chainblazer how you have to push the handle forward.

40th anniversary of what? or are you talking out of you ass?

And hey, a 35 round drum sounds cool. I will buy one, but thats about it. It sounds fun to mess around with.

And really, until it comes out, we just have speculation.

Scroll to history

It's true.
Hooah!

#29 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

Seriously, 35 dart clip for the longshot? That's pretty unfair.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#30 one shot one kill

one shot one kill

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

This might be the greatest gun ever since it is going back to the days of the chainblazer. we all know this gun can be disappointing, but we have to wait.

#31 canadiannerf

canadiannerf

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Fuck fall 09 its gonna be like 2010 before it comes to canada.
Plus, the regular cocking slide (Can't sig me now bitches! ) is much faster.

Muker

92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature.

#32 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

It's going to be a recon with 35 shots and a pumper instead of a cocker.
(plus digital camo paintjob and probably no accessories in the box)
That's about it. lol

But it'll have 35 shots, and that's impressive.

#33 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

We cannot start saying "OMG ITS TEH BEST GUNZ SICNE THE CROSSBOWZ!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!."

You know what happens when we do that. We get another sucky/mediocre gun that does not live up to the months of speculation and expectation created because we read a hasbro press release. To sum this rant up:

This gun could easily suck like the recon.

off topic: I'm saying recon instead of vulcan because the vulcan isn't nearly as bad. It is nearly impossible to mod (with longevity in mind) and is a little bulky and heavy, but it is such a fun gun to shoot people with.

The one thing that will definetly be usefull is the drum mag. After all it says right there in the press release that the mags will be compatible with the longshot.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#34 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

Seriously, 35 dart clip for the longshot? That's pretty unfair.

So what if 35 shots is unfair. It's not like people have to start using it immediately at a war the second they get it. It would just be fun as hell to shoot aimlessly for minutes and then modify it. If enough nerfers can get this gun and drum mag, or if hasbro starts selling them separately, it won't be unfair then.

I would find this gun pretty extraordinary from other guns. It would be fun to shoot, and there could be possible integrations onto it if the shell is big enough. Like other people said, it may suck like a recon, but either way if it does suck or not, we can still salvage the drum mag or any possible internals like a recon. So it's no big deal not a total loss if it sucks.

Edited by deadshooter711, 11 February 2009 - 06:41 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#35 CoasterDynamix757

CoasterDynamix757

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

The only problem with the drum mag is how to mod it to take stefans. We can't just slap a rod in and cut the follower. But im sure we'll find a way around that :)

~CoasterDynamix
Is it fear or courage that compels you?

Coaster's Everything Thread.

#36 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

OMG ITS TEH BEST GUNZ SICNE THE CROSSBOWZ!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!.

In all seriousness I am glad that they are making this and hope that they sell the mags seperate as they do with ls/recon clips and vulcan belts. I can not wait for fall. And the best part is is that I will have money from my seasonal job.

#37 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

The only problem with the drum mag is how to mod it to take stefans. We can't just slap a rod in and cut the follower. But im sure we'll find a way around that :)

~CoasterDynamix

Without knowing what the follower will be designed as, you can't totally know how to mod it to accept stefans. if it is like I think it is going to be, the we would just insert a circular peice of plexi-glass/polycarb/craft plywood and cut the follower to length.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#38 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

I'm under the impression that this drum mag might be banned at future wars.There also might be some kind of downside to a nerf drum mag.I'd like see a new gun that is really good.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#39 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

Why do you think it would be banned? And what do you think the down sides would be?

#40 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

I've forgotten about the Buzz Bee Belt Blaster already!

Why do you think it would be banned? And what do you think the down sides would be?

The downside will be trying to stuff 35 darts back in the mag halfway through a round.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#41 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

The downside will be trying to stuff 35 darts back in the mag halfway through a round.

If you use over 35 rounds of ammunition in a single round, you're doing something wrong.

And this blaster was made for HvZ.

Edited by Gears, 11 February 2009 - 07:34 PM.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#42 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Also, what if it has the tendancy to jam.And what if someone has a longshot that shoots about 60 feet, and has a 35 round drum mag.Granted there are no misfires or jams, thats going to be pretty advantageous(sp?) and most of us have seen splitlips clip accepting breech.what if someone uses a drum mag, the breech, and a non pump plugged BBB or a heavily modded AT2k or PAS. and also, i woner what the intenals of the clip look like
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#43 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

I really hope this thing has a pump grip, and not a handle. Just like from the game. If that's the case, i'll just use my LS mags. I really don't like a large mag on my shotgun.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#44 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

Something I have been pondering that no one seems to have addressed is how the drum mag is going to get in the way. The picture shows it attaching to the left side of the gun which might make it easier for a left handed wielder to use it since he or she wouldn't have to go under or around it to grip the front of the gun. Of course for all we know the drum might be able to be fed into either side.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#45 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

I'm just waiting for someone to tactical mod two drum clips together... 70 shots...

*Sigh.*
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#46 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

Jesus! Already planning a super-mag-clip?

#47 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

Jesus! Already planning a super-mag-clip?

OR A BETA MAG WITH ALTERNATE FEEDING CYCLES!!!

Just kidding. Hopefully this will be awesome for HvZ, and Assassins. Anything else is a moot point.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#48 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

This sounds awesome! Though it will probably have the same reverse-plunger design like the recon has... I really wish it will be like the longshot though. But yeah, it looks like that weird Blue-colored gun from the UK Toy Fair is indeed the Raider just like I suspected.. I can not wait to take a look at the insides of the gun, and the drum mag.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#49 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

I pitty anyone on dialup...

Also, why would it get locked? There's no reason to lock the thread...

Does anyone know if they're releasing a whole new range, or just a single gun or 2?

Edited by One Man Clan, 11 February 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#50 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

There's plenty of reason to lock it, it's pretty much just speculation now.

And if you feel bad for dial up connections, why did you quote it?
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users