Koosh Tordano, X2, Firestorm

13 replies to this topic

#1 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hey all

I'm interested in these 3 guns from Koosh in the Vortex range...

Tornado
Tornado X/2
FireStorm
Power Strike

From what I gather, the Tornado is the first release, the X/2 is the smaller version, with faster fire rate, but lower range, and the FireStorm is the re-release of the Tornado, and improves many things.

Some of you have experience with some, or all of these guns - could I have some quick reviews on them? :)

I'd like to buy one, but am not 100% sure on which one is the best to buy...
(and given I'm in Australia, it'll cost enough for shipping for one, letalone all 3 lol)

I really like the looks of them, though.

Thanks guys!

Edited by NightCabbage, 10 February 2009 - 07:27 PM.

#2 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Should've posted this in the trading forum. But the Firestorm isn't really a re-release, so to speak, but rather a semi-automatic version of the Tornado. They're all pretty good guns, but they have zero modding potential from what I've heard. The Tornado was my first gun and I'll never get rid of it.

#3 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:14 PM

Should've posted this in the trading forum.

Ah, perhaps. But it's more for me (and anyone else) to discuss and find out about the differences between the 3 guns. Not really a WTB thread.

But the Firestorm isn't really a re-release, so to speak, but rather a semi-automatic version of the Tornado.

That's cool, so a semi-auto tornado, hmmm... sounds pretty good?

#4 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, I think it holds 6 rings at once? The downfall of the other 2 is that they're single shot. And if you plan on playing in an outdoor war, they're not great because the wind takes the rings pretty easily. X2 was a pistol version I believe. Firestorm usually goes for $50 or more, so I haven't been able to get my hands on one cuz I'm kind of cheap.

#5 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Awesome, you are a bit worng.

The Tornado is the first. It is the one that the patent was registered on. Then came the Tornado X2. There is a slight range reduction between the original Tornado and the X2, but the rate of fire is the same as reloading is the same.

The Firestorm is not semi-automatic. Semi-automatic means that once the blaster is primed, each pull of the trigger fires a projectile. The Nerf Mad Hornet is an example of a semi-automatic blaster. You have to prime the Firestorm after each shot. What made it better than the Tornado and all the other blasters in the Vortex line was that it held 6 rings in a rotating platform, reducing reload time.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#6 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Hmm, cool...

So is the FireStorm literally semi-automatic - meaning after you've loaded it, you can just keep pressing the trigger 6 times to fire 6 shots, without having to cock the gun or anything?

Whereas with the Tornados, you need to put the next ring in, and cock the gun, then fire, then repeat?

So the FireStorm is quite a bit more powerful / useful then?

-EDIT-

Ah, thanks badger! You cleared up the semi-automatic issue :)

So the FireStorm is not semi-automatic.

That would be very cool though... lol

Edited by NightCabbage, 10 February 2009 - 06:27 PM.

#7 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

The Firestorm is the best vortex gun hands down. I don't think there is any question. They can go for up to $100 though.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#8 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hmm, so it sounds like the FireStorm is easily the best, but also the most expensive.

And that the X/2 is similar to the Tornado, but a little less powerful. But it's smaller, and thus easier to post :D

#9 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

$100 is not an accurate market value. They are rare, but few people want to buy them.

#10 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

$100 is not an accurate market value. They are rare, but few people want to buy them.

Anyone wanna sell me one cheap? :D

hehe...

Also, what does everyone think about the Power Strike?

Looks pretty good...

#11 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

Yeah, you're right it's not semi-auto. You'll have to pull back every time, but it holds 6.

#12 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

Ok, so from a bit of research, it looks as though the rough ranking of the guns, from best to worst, goes like this (correct me if I'm wrong)...

1) Firestorm
2) Powerstrike
3) Tornado
4) Tornado X/2

Where the Powerstrike is a little bit less powerful than the Tornado, but it has 2 shots, instead of 1.

But I guess if you'd prefer the extra range for losing, then the Tornados would be better.

Thoughts anyone?

#13 BRF726

BRF726

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

i have a tornado x2 with no rings but i want to get rid of it. How's 10 dollars plus shipping? Negotiate the rest via pm.

#14 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

Anyone wanna sell me one cheap? :rolleyes:

I sold my firestorm in auction a few weeks ago for $15. So... yea, I would have sold you one cheap. The value of the blaster is what people will actually pay for it.

But on the topic: although they don't have modding potential, stock vortex guns perform wonderfully, so modding isn't really necessary. Those rings just travel damn slow, and are easy to dodge. I think an all-vortex gun war would be interesting, but good luck scrounging up enough blasters and ammo for that. I can't see them being practical against regular nerf guns.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 11 February 2009 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users