using nerf essentials and tp tubes

10 replies to this topic

#1 needak

needak

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

This is my first write-up, so be nicer than you are to other people

I'm at school so I can't do pics, but i'll add them as soon as i get home.

you will need:
1. tp tubes
2. cpvc (1/2")
3. hot glue
4. 1 1/4" pvc
5. packing tape

insert 5 lengths of 1/2" cpvc into the tp tube and hot glue the spaces shut
cover the tp tube with packing tape and insert it over the 1 1/4" pvc
put the pvc end onto a 1 1/4 inch coupler and you're done

will post special ammo later
Why the fuck would you put a bullet in someones head when you can just pump the bastard full of stefans until he's got so many welts and goose-eggs he looks like blueberry with pimples?

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Where's the air supply? I can't figure that out.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

I think i read this about five times over before I came to the conclusion that this thing's basically a bunch of different tubes taped/glued/adhesived together in some way or another.

First off (as Echnalaid said) where's the air supply? Trigger Mechanism? Catch? Anything that actually makes it a freaking gun?

And secound off, don't post this "if you're at school and can't post pictures" Wait until you freaking get home to post this and actually make a good, clean thourough post out of it (as much as you can, seeing as this thing's just a bunch of pipes)

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#4 The Nerf Devil

The Nerf Devil

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

First off (as Echnalaid said) where's the air supply? Trigger Mechanism? Catch? Anything that actually makes it a freaking gun?

I think it is supposed to be a shotgun attachment.

insert 5 lengths of 1/2" cpvc into the tp tube and hot glue the spaces shut
cover the tp tube with packing tape and insert it over the 1 1/4" pvc
put the pvc end onto a 1 1/4 inch coupler and you're done

How do you cover the tp tube with packing tape and insert it over the 1 1/4" pvc?
It's funny looking through things you said years ago, you realize how much of an ass you came off as sometimes.

#5 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

Telling us to be nice isn't a good idea. Is there any point to what you have posted?
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#6 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

I think it is supposed to be a shotgun attachment.

Ah, if that is the case then I appologize for being a bit harsh.
But at least he could have specified that, instead of calling it a "Working Shotgun".

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

Maybe it's because there's no pictures that we're confused.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#8 needak

needak

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

sorry, it's a shotgun ATTATCHMENT.

anyway, the ammo is made like this:

take 2 1/4'' peices of 1/2'' FBR and stick a washer between them with hot glue, you can fit about 3 of them in each barrel
Why the fuck would you put a bullet in someones head when you can just pump the bastard full of stefans until he's got so many welts and goose-eggs he looks like blueberry with pimples?

#9 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

OK, now I get it. It's like that Absolver mod, but with a TP tube instead of a male/female adapter setup. Nice work I guess.
~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#10 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

I sure hope you're using a washer with a smaller diameter than the 1/2" FBR you're using, otherwise these things have the potential to cause an inordinate amount of pain and possible injury. Since your weight is right in the middle of something that is basically a 1/2" long x 1/2" diameter cylinder of foam, it isn't going to always fly "head forward" like a front-weighted nerf dart or stefan. These will have a tendancy to spin in midair, end-over-end, which means you might be hitting bare skin with metal if your washer is flush with the foam (or even slightly smaller).

I think a better idea would be to use standard bb weights in these, as they would be less likely to stick out of the foam.

That said, your 2 x 1/4" FBR shotgun ammo has given me food for thought. The fact that these will likely spin like that would most likely reduce their range (I'm not going to give a science lesson here, but the drag would be increased, slowing the dart down sooner rather than later). However, it would also lead to them being more likely to spread out in a true "buckshot" style, especially if you weighted each mini-dart slightly off-center of the cylinder's center line. Since I play indoors, range isn't much of a factor, and I've been trying to come up with a decent scatter blast for clearing narrow hallways, which this might just help with.

Edited by Ambience 327, 11 February 2009 - 11:30 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#11 needak

needak

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

I cant get my camera to work, so no pics yet

Edited by needak, 11 February 2009 - 05:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users