Doesn't unlock after primed and fired

2 replies to this topic

#1 popatachi

popatachi

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:03 AM

Hello,

I was hoping that someone with a BBB could take a close up picture of their BBB when it is primed. Specifically, I am looking for a picture of the plunger area that will release the side locks once it has been fired.

I was adding hot glue to remove the dead space at the front of the plunger but may have added too much. And now I believe that the plunger is not going forward enough but I would like to know for certain. Here is the area in question:

Posted Image

The orange "nub" is part of the plunger and the gun has been fired. I would like to see where this piece is positioned on a working BBB and determine if that is the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

Yea, the plunger isn't going all the way forward. If you prime it you can see "fins" on the plunger which push out the orange catch plate nubs on the side. These push in to keep the back of the gun locked out while the catch in the trigger keeps the plunger locked back; if these aren't pushed all the way out when the gun fires, then the catch plates continue to lock the fun from collapsing.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 popatachi

popatachi

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for the confirmation. After cutting a little bit off the tip of the plunger and scraping the hot glue to be level, it's almost there. A little sanding on the cpvc should get it to the correct level.

Thanks again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users