Pump Action Shotgun Vs. Rapid Fire Pump Action Shotgun

Which one is better

21 replies to this topic

#1 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

Ok, i have to decide on wether which i should get, the pump action shotgun or rapid fire pump action shotgun. I have a few questions with people who have more experience on these guns.

1. Which one is easier to mod.

2. Which one shoots farther with an easy mod.

3. If i wanted to make a doomsayer, can i drill out the pegs without opening the gun and stick the petg down the barrels?

Thank you for reading and i hope you guys can help me out.
Signatures, phigmatures, who uses those anymore. Oh me.

#2 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

1. Pump Action Shotgun.

2. Pump Action Shotgun.

3. No.

Does that answer any of your questions? PAS has range and ease of modification but the RFS has ROF.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#3 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

Thanks, that sounds like a good thing to me. Hey by the way, will the ball shooter still work if i add cpvc to the back of it?

#4 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

I've modded a PAS, and I'm about 75% done with my Doomsayer, and I can definatley say the PAS is easier to mod. If your pretty new to modding, I wouldn't recommend getting a Rapid Fire Shotgun. I think the regular PAS is going to be your best bet, just make sure you reinforce everything well when you mod it, especially if your adding springs.

#5 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

No im not new to modding, i have been modding for a couple of months now. I just dont want to take so much time and effort into making a doomsayer.

#6 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

Realy this is all about you and your playing style, habbits, and accuracy.So basicly find something YOU want. This should not be a thread.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#7 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

Realy this is all about you and your playing style, habbits, and accuracy.So basicly find something YOU want. This should not be a thread.

Learn to spell before you flame me. Also, look at some of your threads, you shouldn't be talking.

Edited by nerfman600, 09 February 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#8 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

Learn to spell before you flame me. Also, look at some of your threads, you shouldn't be talking.

Doomsayers don't take very long at all to make. I made mine in three evenings, and it only took that long because I had a dud that the screw holes stripped in many places and the plunger rod broke for seemingly no reason.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#9 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Doomsayers don't take very long at all to make. I made mine in three evenings, and it only took that long because I had a dud that the screw holes stripped in many places and the plunger rod broke for seemingly no reason.

The turret is the most complicated part of the mod.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#10 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:07 PM

You Know what fuck you I made some dumb threads when I was a noob.But you are not a noob.So this thread is pointless along with your attempt at back seat modding.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Let's try to keep this thread on task, huh? Take your prepubescent squabbles to pms.

Anyway, the turret is the hardest part, but with the way I found to put the tape on, it gets much easier. Just look up my thread about the easier doomsayer turret. The biggest drawback to the doomsayer is that it is banned in some major wars.

#12 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

You Know what fuck you I made some dumb threads when I was a noob.But you are not a noob.So this thread is pointless along with your attempt at back seat modding.

You know, you shouldn't cuss for no freakin reason. Also do your spaces and commas correctly.

#13 CoasterDynamix757

CoasterDynamix757

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Let's try to keep this thread on task, huh? Take your prepubescent squabbles to pms.

Anyway, the turret is the hardest part, but with the way I found to put the tape on, it gets much easier. Just look up my thread about the easier doomsayer turret. The biggest drawback to the doomsayer is that it is banned in some major wars.

Well are PAS banned at wars?
Is it fear or courage that compels you?

Coaster's Everything Thread.

#14 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Nope. And not all wars ban doomsayers though.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#15 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

Banning them is like banning Picasso from an art museum.

#16 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

Nope. And not all wars ban doomsayers though.

Banning them is like banning Picasso from an art museum.

I realize that not all wars ban them, but some wars do ban them, which is a problem if it's your typical primary, and I agree that they shouldn't be banned in major wars with high attendance, but that's not my call since it isn't my war. Luckily, Massacre seems like it is going to be a regular thing, and Canada is as close to me as NJ is, so I'm sure my Domsayer won't be banned there.

#17 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

When I have time, I'll post how I did my turret.
It's awesome.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#18 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

I personally don't like the doomsayer's turret, size of the profile and I can't aim for shit.

So I created the K9 special to increase the Rof and having the slim profile of the PAS
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#19 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

I personally don't like the doomsayer's turret, size of the profile and I can't aim for shit.

So I created the K9 special to increase the Rof and having the slim profile of the PAS

I know what you mean. The Doomsayer is just so much bulkier and bigger than the PAS. In fact, I even took a comparison picture.

Posted Image

Neither of the guns are working as of now, I'm still finishing some things on them.

#20 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

Wow...the PAS stock is teeny tiny. I didn't realize how small it was. As for aiming, I made some sights for my Domsayer that are really simple, and they are perfect for NERF. I was shooting at an IBC root beer bottle, and I hit it eight out of ten times (the other two shots in the turret were used to shoot a 2-liter bottle.) I'll get some updated pics up of that in my thread because the stock is also stained now.

#21 nerfman600

nerfman600

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

Overall, do you guys think the PAS will be a good addition to the arsenal.

#22 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:25 AM

I would go with the PAS for the reason mentioned above
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users