War Legality

for certain airguns (DCHAP)

5 replies to this topic

#1 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

Are DCHAP-1 / DCHAP - 2 based guns allowed at wars? The original threads don't say, but I wanted to try to make a homemade airgun and not waste my time on a gun I wouldn't be able to use in wars.

If they are not legal, are there any airguns that are?

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

No homemade air guns are allowed.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

Alright. Thanks.

Wasn't the Pixieblast 9000 (I think that's the name) allowed for a war? And would an airgun become legal if it only shot
a) ballistic balls
b) titan missiles
c) BBBB/LBB missiles

I understand that BBB rockets can't be used because they are fired from 1/2" PVC (allowing for micro usage, which is banned).

Edited by rbtying, 08 February 2009 - 07:57 PM.

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

I understand that BBB rockets can't be used because they are fired from 1/2" PVC (allowing for micro usage, which is banned).

I'm not sure where you got any of that from, but it doesn't really matter. Each war and each organizer will have their own rules to play by. Check with whoever is putting the war together to see what guns they'll allow. Anyone who provides you with a blanket statement probably isn't very well informed.

#5 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

My question's answered, so please let the thread die now (before a flame war starts)

The 1/2" PVC thing was because people nest brass/PETG/CPVC in 1/2" PVC, and I use 1/2" PVC to fire BBB rockets out of my snap.

Thanks for the info!

#6 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:06 PM

Before I let this die, I've just gotta throw in something.

If you use a BBBB rocket/missile out of a high-powered air gun (I know this from a plugged BBBB with a trimmed down stock barrel) then the missile will literally split. The missile's made of two pieces put together, and the massive amount of air for a high-powered air gun (especially a homemade) will absolutely rip it apart no question.

Kinda something like this:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Basically the fins split in two where the two parts come together and the front (weighted part) shot out while the bottom (hollow tube part) stayed sitting around the barrel.

I don't know about Titan Missiles or Ballistic Balls, but I wouldn't recommend trying a BBBB missile if you value them (which of course, I see no reason to value a BBBB missile)

Edited by Glint, 08 February 2009 - 10:08 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users