Photo

Petg Mod For The Bbb?

8 replies to this topic

#1 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:22 PM

Hey guys me and xbox180 are talking about doing a remake to the Josey's big bad and sexy mod. Instead of replacing the barrel with cpvc we were gonna try to replace the barrel with some petg. Do any of you guys think it would work?

Edited by esCassets, 08 February 2009 - 04:23 PM.

#2 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

Yes, just be careful with the hot glue, the heat can damage the PETG. And maybe you can add a breech.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#3 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Yes, just be careful with the hot glue, the heat can damage the PETG. And maybe you can add a breech.

Ok thanks

#4 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, the hot glue, especially on a high heat setting, will probably warp the petg, but only at the bottom. Maybe you could just add a piece of 1/2in PVC around the bottom of the petg before you add hot glue.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#5 esCassets

esCassets

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, the hot glue, especially on a high heat setting, will probably warp the petg, but only at the bottom. Maybe you could just add a piece of 1/2in PVC around the bottom of the petg before you add hot glue.
[/quote]

Yeah thats what i was going to plan to do.

#6 Drew is nerfing

Drew is nerfing

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

couldn't you just coupler the bbb, then wrap some E-tabe along the bottom of the PETG barrel so that it fits snuggly in the coupler? It would be much easier this way, and you could interchange the barrel with cpvc if you wanted to somewhere down the road.

#7 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

1/2" PVC coupler, then PETG nested into 1/2" PVC....

#8 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:37 PM

Yes it can be done. I get 90' out of my petg BBB. I wouldn't use hot glue myself tho. But thats just me.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#9 neonpistols

neonpistols

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

I used petg with my BBB. Works really nice but I had to chop the barrel down to the same size as the original barrel because my darts were so tight. Still shoots good though and pretty accurate with a good dart.
"All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel" - Jimi Hendrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users