Pex Tubing

yup...

3 replies to this topic

#1 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:33 PM

Hey guys, I was at my Home Depot today, and came across pex tubing. Its flexible, strong, fits in 1/2 inch cpvc fittings, is really light, and best of all, if cpvc is too tight for your darts, 1/2 inch PEX tubing ID is slightly larger. Anyone else have this stuff, and does it work well?

Also, unlike cpvc, pvc, and brass its sort of translucent, so you can tell if there is a dart in it in the light, similar to petg, except its not fully transparant.

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 07 February 2004 - 03:04 PM.

ko

#2 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 07 February 2004 - 06:02 PM

Ok, I tested this stuff out, and am happy to report that it works better than cpvc. It has alot less friction, and increased the velocity on my PEX bb over my cpvc bbb greatly...I definatly uggest it, and for $1.29 for 5 feet, why not? Oh ya, its alot lighter than brass, so if you could fit it into a rotation mechanism, it should work, although petg should be even better...

EDIT: I just realized, I didnt find this stuff first, oh well, its nice to have an update...

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 07 February 2004 - 10:23 PM.

ko

#3 Slicer

Slicer

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:56 PM

Heck yea, i actually use 3/4" to nest CPVC in for blowswords.
Slicer, of the RFN

Wheeeeee....

#4 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:35 AM

Hey, this stuff sounds pretty awesome! I'll pick some up the next time I go to Home Depot, and I'll compare it to the PETG that I plan to get next saturday at the Yano.
I'll test both materials in my SM750.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users