Assault?

No, not a game type

30 replies to this topic

#1 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:55 PM

This is not about a new Nerf game type, Im just curious and kinda concerned about what to do.

Background

On the way to get my instrument today for playing in the pep band, a man who shall be named "The Dick" was harrasing my recently crutch bound girlfriend, telling her he was gonna trip her and stuff, and I told him to step off, saying he wouldn't do anything. He then threatens to "beat the shit outta me" and when I reply with "no you wont". he pulls a set of brass knuckles on me, flashes a knife and starts screaming insults, obscenities and all around being "The Dick", claiming "As a college man, he would fucking kill me". I am 15, so I am a minor, and this is technically assault. He is already convicted as a sex criminal for raping a 16 year old girl last year, as he was well about the age of adulthood.

Anyway, then I walked away, him still screaming at me. He's already (By MN law) banned from being by the school, and he did assault a minor (Assault being threats, battery being the actual hitting) or in some cases, I could call it terroristic threats.

The question

What should I do? How should I go about dealing with him, and getting him out of my life? Its kinda hard to pass band (pep band is required) when you are assaulted for being there.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Go all out. Describe him as being to sickest, most disgusting and vile fuck head ever. Tell 'em he was bothering your girlfriend, and all you did was tell him to stop. Tell 'em he gave terroristic threats by flashing a knife and brass knuckles. As long as you're seen as the innocent kid, they'll almost always be on your side. Seriously, who they gonna listen to, a sweet 15 year old boy sticking up for his loved ones, or a disgusting criminal.

Notice how nicely I describe you, and how I try to emphasize on him being The Dick.

EDIT- For missing pep band, tell 'em you had a life threatening situation.

Edited by Echnalaid, 06 February 2009 - 11:03 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

Tell adults or authorities. He'll have a hard time killing you behind bars, and wouldn't be hard to get arrested, since he's already got a record. Have witnesses if you can.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#4 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

^ Indeed. Report his deranged ass. Such behavior will not go unnoticed, or unpunished.

Also, @Echnalaid: "terroristic"?
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#5 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

I don't know, Busta said it, so I thought it was a valid word.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

^ Indeed. Report his deranged ass. Such behavior will not go unnoticed, or unpunished.

After 9/11 (atleast what a family friend in the court system says) that if people have a weapon and they threaten to kill you, it is a terroristic threat now, and thats even worse. Weird I know, but hey, it might work.

I've notified the school and whatnot, but itsn't there something about not letting registered sex offenders near schools?

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

Wait a minute. Was this IN the school, or just on the campus?

#8 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

in the building, after hours.

#9 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

in the building, after hours.

Fucking shit, that musta been scary! He didn't chase after you? Did your girlfriend make it out OK?
EDIT- While we're on that subject, How'd she get out?

By the by, nowadays, ANY physical contact can be tried for sexual harassment. Threatening to trip is now the same as a sexual threat. if you mention that, be sure to mention that he was sexually threatening a MINOR.

Edited by Echnalaid, 06 February 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#10 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

I'd say report him fast, before the situation escalates. And very mildly on topic, what instrument do you play?

trans as shit because fuck you

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

I'd say report him fast, before the situation escalates. And very mildly on topic, what instrument do you play?

Bari Sax, and yeah, most people are on the band wagon of "Call the police" as for now, I've told the school, and we made it out fine. Central has a huge basement and we just walked down there, lost him, left through the pool doors and walked to my parents van.

#12 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

Weird, I see this after I was just asking you about fights that you've been in. I guess it wasn't really a fight though. Does your school deal with this kind of stuff a lot? If this happened at a high school near me, that person would get fucked because everyone would freak out, but nothing like this really happens around here (one reason why the burbs are better). Also, why was he in the school anyway? And was anybody besides you and your girlfriend there to see this guy?

Edited by venom213, 06 February 2009 - 11:44 PM.

#13 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:45 PM

Weird, I see this after I was just asking you about fights that you've been in. I guess it wasn't really a fight though. Does your school deal with this kind of stuff a lot? If this happened at a high school near me, that person would get fucked because everyone would freak out, but nothing like this really happens around here (one reason why the burbs are better).

Yeah, people freak the fuck out. See, I just hate fights. I could easily take him in an unfair fight, as he is like 7 feet tall and weights atleast a good 300-400 pounds, and I fight like a dick (Im not very fair. E.i. I will use anything as a weapon). But hopefully he gets gone. It was just unsafe and not very fun. Hopefully his girlfriend doesn't try anything either. I don't wanna hit a girl.

#14 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

No need to fight him. The current attitudes of paranoia work in your favor - reporting him to school authorities should be enough to get him arrested simply for being on school property, and your description will be icing on the cake. Him threatening you with a knife is assault with a deadly weapon, and would be of great interest to the police. One thing I will give the twin cities area, the public authorities are diligent about these things if you keep on pushing them.

EDIT: And just to reiterate: physically fighting someone, while satisfying, is counterproductive as all hell in the long run. Restrain your emotions, and use the system as your tool. It is a much more potent weapon.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 07 February 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

Well, contact the cops as soon as possible. The longer you wait around with these sort of things the more unlikely it gets that they can do anything about it. Or, not. I'm probably just basing that off of tom clancy books and csi.

#16 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:28 AM

No need to fight him. The current attitudes of paranoia work in your favor - reporting him to school authorities should be enough to get him arrested simply for being on school property, and your description will be icing on the cake. Him threatening you with a knife is assault with a deadly weapon, and would be of great interest to the police. One thing I will give the twin cities area, the public authorities are diligent about these things if you keep on pushing them.

EDIT: And just to reiterate: physically fighting someone, while satisfying, is counterproductive as all hell in the long run. Restrain your emotions, and use the system as your tool. It is a much more potent weapon.

Fights would solve nothing and put me at even more risk.

#17 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

Yeah, people freak the fuck out. See, I just hate fights. I could easily take him in an unfair fight, as he is like 7 feet tall and weights atleast a good 300-400 pounds, and I fight like a dick (Im not very fair. E.i. I will use anything as a weapon). But hopefully he gets gone. It was just unsafe and not very fun. Hopefully his girlfriend doesn't try anything either. I don't wanna hit a girl.

GOOD. You hate fights. There ought to be more young people like you.

Too many are so on their egomaniac trips after watching a few too many movies and playing a few too many games... they don't practice the fine art of "Run-Fu" and calling for help.

Secondly, don't forget the "three strikes" law if there is one in your state.... pile on those charges and the Dick possibly won't see another day of freedom again.

Lastly, fight like a "dick" if you must. Forget the whole Chuck Norris deal about doing martial arts (unless you have, of course, mastered said arts; in that case you would practice "Run-Fu" before administering any potentially lethal defensive measures). Your whole goal is to get you and your girlfriend to a safe place, which is usually FAR AWAY from the perp, then calling for help.

I run when I can. I can handle the verbal taunts and harassment. Doesn't bother me, as I don't value the opinion of a scumbag.

What would bother me is if I was forced to defend myself with the means I carry with me (which shall remain unknown), and have to deal with the consequences of lethal force in defense. NOT WORTH IT.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#18 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

After 9/11 (atleast what a family friend in the court system says) that if people have a weapon and they threaten to kill you, it is a terroristic threat now, and thats even worse. Weird I know, but hey, it might work.

I've notified the school and whatnot, but isn't there something about not letting registered sex offenders near schools?

Yes this dude is in violation of MANY felony's in his actions against you. I would go to the cops and press charges. And THEN go to the school. See if you go to the school you put it in the hands of inept people to handle a situation they are simply not trained to handle properly.

Bear in mind this will possibly bring repercussions on you should the cops not do their jobs. So you had better have a back up plan of a bunch of big ass friends to whoop the living shit out of him.
If all else fails a baseball bat to the back of the head will do just fine. you're underage you won't do time. Considering his size and history you could easily claim self defense. Cause really it would be especially if he is found with brass knuckles and a knife on him.

Oh yes and Yes threats of death with the brandishing of a weapon IS considered a terrorist threat. Trust me I have a friend that did time for such threats. Yes he is a dumbass.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 07 February 2009 - 01:38 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#19 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:15 AM

Our school is pretty good about these kinda things. They often rely on police intervention, such as homecoming. We had the St. Paul Police Gang Violence unit out on our school grounds, in the stadium and circling in a helicopter overhead because people often get beat up.

And yes, "Run-Fu" is something more people should learn. You may think you can fight until you actually get in one. You kinda forget about all this martial arts training that you've seen in movies.

If on monday the school still hasn't done anything, I will contact the authorities.

And Im not so worried about him trying to get me, but his "friends", most of which I know and am friends with aswell, but I don't know where they stand with him.

Thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully this turns out ok.

#20 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

"Run Fu" IS something we all could use to our advantage. I am 15 as well and know that is the best way to not get in trouble. If the school won't do a gosh darn thing then Call the authorities, they often do a better job with this stuff.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#21 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

Busta, your friends with some his friends? How old is The Dick? He seems to me like some 40 year old low life.

#22 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

Busta, your friends with some his friends? How old is The Dick? He seems to me like some 40 year old low life.

Apparently. Im not sure if they actually consider him a friend, and he is about 20. He thinks the line "Come to the dark side, we have cookies" is hilarious... and he brags about katanas and his brass knuckles with skulls. That should give you an idea about him.

#23 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

Apparently. Im not sure if they actually consider him a friend, and he is about 20. He thinks the line "Come to the dark side, we have cookies" is hilarious... and he brags about katanas and his brass knuckles with skulls. That should give you an idea about him.

I think they're friends with him out of fear.

What kind if sicko picks on a semi-crippled 15 year old girl?
(Rhetorical Question)

#24 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

I think they're friends with him out of fear.

What kind if sicko picks on a semi-crippled 15 year old girl?
(Rhetorical Question)

Same kinda guy who date rapes a 16 year old last year in the boiler room during school hours, then brags about the diddle charges.

#25 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

Were you close (several hundred feet) to a school? If so it may be a violation of federal or state law to posses a weapon that close to a school. I know it is in my area. You can't even bring an airsoft or nerf gun close to my school.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users