$20 Vulcan

I just bought one

14 replies to this topic

#1 stickdeathgod

stickdeathgod

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hello everyone I was at a goodwill thrift store that i live near. They had 5 Vulcans there that were all 20 dollars each. The boxes were pretty banged up so i was scared it would be broke, but a 20 dollar Vulcan is a good deal and i couldn't pass the offer up. Anyways i bought the gun and opened it and I'm not sure if it works yet because it didn't have the directions inside also the part of the cocking mechanism is gone i mean the orange bolt piece that has the small metal rod. If i can't find something to fix this problem i will just take the bolt off my Longshot and use that as a replacement. I don't know where the batteries go in because i don't have the directoins. I was wondering if someone could tell me where the batteries go on the vulcan.
If today I die,
And can't deny,
The poison,
Chosen for tonight

(trying to buy extra magstrike clips)

#2 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image
The Little black arrow
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Feb 4 2009, 04:04 AM) View Post

The last thing we need is a mass gathering of prepubesent boners all over the place

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.
But it cannot hide the scars.

#3 stickdeathgod

stickdeathgod

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

Cool thank you.
I accidentally bought C batteries instead of D which sucks but o well I guess I'll see if it works tomorrow.
If today I die,
And can't deny,
The poison,
Chosen for tonight

(trying to buy extra magstrike clips)

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

I'm not sure where they get these beaten up guns from. I saw a $20 Vulcan at my Goodwill too, and about a week ago they had a $10 Recon. I even got an NF a few months ago for $4 in a shitty box.

Seems like people buy them, ruin the boxes, drop them off at Goodwill and they get sold for half price.
SexD Warves

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:13 PM

Maybe the boxes get messed up by lil' whipper-snappers in stores, and then the store just sends the unsightly products to goodwill.

Edited by Captain, 02 February 2009 - 10:14 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

Probably "White Tag" Goodwill buys all the returned items from target in bulk for a low price, and then prices them themselves and puts them out in the store. And as for a twenty dollar vulcan, I'd say you got ripped off. I got mine for $10 because some goodwills do half off White tag toys, and I still regret my purchase as the vulcan is way to big and heavy and clunky. Also, about 4 out of 5 vulcans have a broken rotation mech at goodwills, which you can only test with the bolt. You should probably get back over there before your 3 day return limit is up and get some store credit.

#7 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

I got one for six dollars, and it works beautifully. I love goodwill.

trans as shit because fuck you

#8 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Meh, I wouldn't pay 20 for a brand new vulcan. Let alone a beat up one from goodwill.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

After buying my second complete Vulcan at goodwill last year for $9.99, I passed on the three they had last week.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#10 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:18 AM

I can get a good deal on nerf guns at my local thrift store. They had a Longshot there in good working order for $1.00. Any guns that don't have darts are dropped to less than $2 usually, and if they stay in the store for a while (which rarely happens), the price keeps going lower and lower.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:35 AM

I can get a good deal on nerf guns at my local thrift store. They had a Longshot there in good working order for $1.00. Any guns that don't have darts are dropped to less than $2 usually, and if they stay in the store for a while (which rarely happens), the price keeps going lower and lower.

Exactly why I have over a hundred blasters. *sigh*
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#12 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

Exactly why I have over a hundred blasters. *sigh*

I wish I could find that many. My painting fingers get itchy after a couple days but it usually takes them two weeks or so to "restock" with any worthwhile blasters, and a lot of those are taken by little kids.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#13 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

dizzyduck I feel your pain. The need to paint these thing is worse that a crack head that hasn't gotten a fix for weeks. ;) Just joking, but I do undersand your plight, and wish I could find a Long shot for a buck....

Salindin

#14 foxdemon82

foxdemon82

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

I wish I had a thrift store period....
QUOTE(Glint @ Feb 15 2009, 07:07 PM) View Post

So stop with all the "new Recon" crap. This thing definately isn't a Recon, I'll wager my soul. Someone can quote me on that if they'd like

#15 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:40 AM

You can probably find a manual from Hasbro.com.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users