Super Bowl Xliii

YAY STEELERS!

32 replies to this topic

#1 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

DID YOU SEE THAT AWESOMESAUCE 100 YARD TOUCHDOWN!?!?!?! AND THAT FINISHING PASS TOUCHDOWN!?!?! TOTALLY AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!!! YAY STEELERS!!!!! WOOT!!!! Sorry AZ, but GO STEELERS!!!!!!

P.S Sorry for all the capital letters.

Edited by Betrayal, 01 February 2009 - 10:03 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Dude, that was an awesome catch. Oh, and don't be sorry for Arizona, the underdogs suck ass.

Edited by nerfer9, 01 February 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#3 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

Till the last five minutes it was a ten point difference...

It wasn't what I would call a good game. Yes, there were some nice plays, but there are those with any superbowl.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

Till the last five minutes it was a ten point difference...

It wasn't what I would call a good game. Yes, there were some nice plays, but there are those with any superbowl.

What are yout alking about? That was a great superbowl. And if you look in the other superbowl thread, you can see that I predicted Pitt by 4.....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

100yd. touch down = Effeminate FUCKING WIN.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Feb 4 2009, 04:04 AM) View Post

The last thing we need is a mass gathering of prepubesent boners all over the place

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.
But it cannot hide the scars.

#6 Vimes

Vimes

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

Awesome stuff! I'd call it a GREAT game myself and can you say: toe work? What a touchdown catch!
The path of my life is strewn with cow-pats from the devil's own satanic herd!

#7 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

The "fumble" near at the last 30 seconds was a load of shit! you could clearly see his arm go forward and release the ball.
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#8 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

The "fumble" near at the last 30 seconds was a load of shit! you could clearly see his arm go forward and release the ball.

I agree, I can't believe the booth made a decision that quickly. Plus, if the play was ruled an incomplete pass, the Steelers' 15 yard personal foul would have still applied. The Cards would have been at like 25 with 15 seconds to go....
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#9 neonpistols

neonpistols

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

Even though I was rooting for the Steelers that "fumble" seemed like bs to me. But it was an amazing game very intense.
"All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel" - Jimi Hendrix

#10 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

Cards should have one. Total incomplete pass. Like nerfer34 said, they would have been at the 25 with 15 seconds left, as long as they got the ball out of bounds or got a good quick play in they could have won. Fuck Steelers, and Steelers fans. Also, that was a great game, no matter what anyone says, I wasn't a blow out Steelers and Cardinals both played great.

#11 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

That was the correct call. The steelers knocked the ball loose before his arm moved forward. It was Warner's elbow that pushed the ball forward.

Regardless, the endless string of personal fouls by Arizona is what killed them. While some, like the roughing the holder, were questionable, most of them were stupid, bonehead moves. I wanted them to win, but Arizona did not deserve it.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#12 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

Wow, that was a freaking intense game. I personally was rooting for the Cardinals, but congrats Steelers, they deserved it.

P.S. I'm surprised Talio hasn't posted in this thread yet. He was all over the other one.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#13 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

Even rooting for the steelers I could see the game was rigged. I mean seriously, every time the cardinals made a good play it was called back. Good job steelers, but screw the f**king refs. Man... even with all that unfair judging they still almost won... amazing.
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#14 shoeshine5

shoeshine5

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

Being a die hard hockey fan, I feel like the Pittsburgh Penguins get the better end of poor officiating on a regular basis. I guess this lopsided officiating for Pittsburgh carries over to football as well. I really disagreed with a few of the calls, especially towards the end.

Regardless, the Steelers were the better team tonight. That last play of the first half was a killer.

Edited by shoeshine5, 02 February 2009 - 12:12 AM.

While you are busy reading this, I am eating your sandwich.

#15 Nerf-O-Matick

Nerf-O-Matick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:38 AM

Amazing...I could not belive then 10 sec 100 yrd touch down! Amazing! This was one of the best close-call games ever!

#16 Tornado13

Tornado13

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

I know everyone is raving about the huge 100 yd interception run back for a TD, but he didn't deserve it.I you had watched his personal foul later on in the game, that should have taken out that TD. Seriously! He shoved the Cards guy down 3 times! Count em', 3!!!!! So this is all of you people who are like " OMG AWESOMESAUCE!" He didn't deserve it.

#17 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

First off, in my opinion the Super Bowl wasn't a game until late in the third quarter. Yes, all the penalties is what killed the Cardinals. Lastly, no play from the game could beat David Tyree's helmat catch in triple coverage.
I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#18 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:47 AM

Okay, just because your team lost doesn't mean all you get to do is bag on the Steelers and get b****y at the ref's for some stupid calls. If when you lose you act that way, you have a pretty bad problem with getting beaten.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#19 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:21 AM

I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game. Really, no one too important was playing in my opinion. I didn't see the 100 yard return, but I have since seen it; awesome.

I would have to say that the most interesting part of the game was watching the expressions of people at each play. I was at the school's super bowl party.

On a related note: I hate Madden, he's got to learn how to shut up and quit loving to hear himself talk. That or give him full rights to the yellow pen so he can draw hats on fans again...
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#20 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

Okay people get this straight at the instant replay for the "AWESOMESAUCE' run the ball and his knee hit the ground.Anyways there was so many "personel" fouls that the steelers basicly hiked back and fourth.The refs called a lot of fouls (but in football ;) ?)

Edited by boom, 02 February 2009 - 11:51 AM.

I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#21 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:04 PM

His knees were on top of the guy trying to tackle him. Try watching it from 10 angles in high def. He was in. And you act as if the fouls were not only against the Cardinals, but that they didn't deserve them.

As for it being a "real game" - the entire game was pretty intense. I think you were watching something else.
Teehee.

#22 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

I don't have the NFL Rulebook memorized, but I'm still trying to figure this one out. (Note - I had neither emotional nor financial investment in either team, so I don't care who won or lost.)

The Cardinals were called for roughing the kicker, because a guy tripped and toppled into him after the kick. The Steelers were given a first down - retaining the ball.

The Steelers were called for roughing the kicker, because a guy who apparently has a really bad attitude problem held the guy down and shoved him numerous times after the kick. The Cardinals were awarded what amounted to a 6 inch penalty putting the Steelers nearly inside the rear endzone. (Yes, this did eventually result in that crazy Safety, but...)

Why were the penalties called in that manner? To me, the Cardinals "roughing" was uninentional, and certainly not aggravated. The Steelers, on the other hand, was quite intentional, and what I would call "flagrant" (does that exist in the NFL?). Why was the Cardinals' penalty more severe than the Steelers'?
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#23 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

I don't have the NFL Rulebook memorized, but I'm still trying to figure this one out. (Note - I had neither emotional nor financial investment in either team, so I don't care who won or lost.)

The Cardinals were called for roughing the kicker, because a guy tripped and toppled into him after the kick. The Steelers were given a first down - retaining the ball.

The Steelers were called for roughing the kicker, because a guy who apparently has a really bad attitude problem held the guy down and shoved him numerous times after the kick. The Cardinals were awarded what amounted to a 6 inch penalty putting the Steelers nearly inside the rear endzone. (Yes, this did eventually result in that crazy Safety, but...)

Why were the penalties called in that manner? To me, the Cardinals "roughing" was uninentional, and certainly not aggravated. The Steelers, on the other hand, was quite intentional, and what I would call "flagrant" (does that exist in the NFL?). Why was the Cardinals' penalty more severe than the Steelers'?

All personal fouls are 15 yard penalties. But if the ball is within 15 yards from the goaline, it goes "half the distance to the goaline". So let's say you're at the 5, then you'd be at the 2.5 yard line.

Also, lets get this straight. James HArrison is the guy who returned the interception 100 yards and later committed a personal foul. That personal foul was only called because he punched to the guy. Everything else he did was perfectly legal. Your allowed to keep throwing a guy down while the play is going on....

#24 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

His knees were on top of the guy trying to tackle him. Try watching it from 10 angles in high def. He was in. And you act as if the fouls were not only against the Cardinals, but that they didn't deserve them.

As for it being a "real game" - the entire game was pretty intense. I think you were watching something else.

It was intense but none of the personel fouls were any where near personal and/or intentinal(my spelling has gone to crap lately)
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#25 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Dude, that was an awesome catch. Oh, and don't be sorry for Arizona, the underdogs suck ass.

Did you watch any of the Super Bowls the Patriots were in?
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users