Photo

Increasing Magstrike Trigger Stroke?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

Ok, so I am currently working on a project that involves linking an AT2K tank to the the magstrikes trigger from the original position of the piston. I have it all planned out, except for the fact that the length of the trigger stroke needed to fully extend the firing pin on the AT2K tank is almost double that of the magstrikes firing stroke. Is there any way for me to increase the trigger stroke for the magstrike trigger, or am I going to have to resort to keyrings?
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#2 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

I think iMod did something like this. But, anyways, I think you have to use keyrings.
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#3 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:22 AM

I'm not 100% if it'll work, but the pin that sticks out of the trigger mechanism could possible trimmed down. If not, then cut a notch out of the trigger itself so the trigger goes farther back before it hits the MS trigger.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#4 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

It all depends on a few factors. If you are going to be pulling a stock 2k tank with normal pressure, then you could dremel a small hole into a PVC pipe like so:

Posted Image

And then screw the piece of PVC onto the trigger so that it can pull the 2k tank. The reason I eventually didn't do that is because I had so much pressure in the tank it was harder to pull the firing pin. I did eventually use a keyring. However, the PVC will not work if you have the MS piston still in place. Otherwise, you could rig up a pulley system and have a stretchy string to actuate the firing pin, which is easier said then done. Anyways, good luck with your project!
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#5 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:15 PM

Alright, I think I have to use keyrings, but I will be tinkering and seeing if I can pull this off.
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users