#1 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

Posted Image

Nerfers, This is my Blowgun, The BS-1

Here's how this came to be

I was sitting in my room, searching nerfhaven for noobs and then to flame them mercilessly when i got the idea.
I Didn't feel like going through my dads tool box looking for a trigger and my toolbox looking for all the other stuff so i decided to make a blow gun. I found some PVC (not CPVC), cut it up and decided to add a sight. After that, I decided to duck tape it. Then i had a option with the bottom rod thing it could be

A) a holder for a brass tube that shoves the darts into the back of the gun
B) Ammo Storage

For now, it functions as B
Anyway, i decided to paint it black after i was done crafting it. The cool part was painting on the (remaining) Snow we have here in New Jersey. it was so cool.

2 Hours later. The BS-1 Was Born.

And that, is my longest post to date.

I will now take comments, questions and flames.
Keep in mind this is still a prototype but might be showing up at me and TSD's Clash Of The Coasts.

Edited by Nerfer327, 27 January 2009 - 10:34 PM.

QUOTE(Pineapple @ Feb 4 2009, 04:04 AM) View Post

The last thing we need is a mass gathering of prepubesent boners all over the place

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.
But it cannot hide the scars.

#2 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

Ah, nostalgia. I remember when I was new to nerfing, my best weapon was a PVC blowgun.

It's a good place to start, but be sure to find alternative weapons when you start attending bigger wars. Blowguns don't have the range for outdoor wars.

And just FYI, it's generally not a good idea to be hunting people to flame. The best idea is usually not to get involved and let the admins take care of things.

Props

EDIT: Almost forgot! Try taking an empty 2 liter soda bottle and putting it on the back. Squeeze it under your arm for crazy range improvement at the expense of accuracy... yeah, blowguns are kind of a trade off.

Edited by BlackFox, 27 January 2009 - 10:56 PM.

"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#3 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Ah, nostalgia. I remember when I was new to nerfing, my best weapon was a PVC blowgun.

It's a good place to start, but be sure to find alternative weapons when you start attending bigger wars. Blowguns don't have the range for outdoor wars.

And just FYI, it's generally not a good idea to be hunting people to flame. The best idea is usually not to get involved and let the admins take care of things.

Props

EDIT: Almost forgot! Try taking an empty 2 liter soda bottle and putting it on the back. Squeeze it under your arm for crazy range improvement at the expense of accuracy... yeah, blowguns are kind of a trade off.

if i can get the coupler of the back of the gun, i will try that.

The last thing we need is a mass gathering of prepubesent boners all over the place

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.

#4 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:05 PM

Why can't you flip it around? It's a piece of PVC...
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#5 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

Notice the angled front end cut (that i worked on for half an hour to get it nice and smooth)

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.

#6 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

But here is the real question; was that angled cut really worth it...?
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#7 loni

loni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

I think blow guns are awesome, not because of the simplicity or even practicality of them. I like them only because when you kill someone with it, you know they are extremely pissed off :) .

-Loni

Edited by loni, 28 January 2009 - 10:12 AM.

"I don't nerf to see who is the best, I nerf to see who is the biggest bitch"

#8 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

But here is the real question; was that angled cut really worth it...?

Hell Yea.

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.

#9 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

Here's a question for you... If you have a loaded blowgun, can you barrel tap with it?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#10 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

if I dont stab them in the process
2X the fun if I have a thumbtack dart in the barrel :D

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

if I dont stab them in the process

10x the tea bagging if you hit someone with a tack dart. Get some real weights before you become laden with sweaty testicles.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#12 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

I was sitting in my room, searching nerfhaven for noobs and then to flame them mercilessly when i got the idea.

O rly?

Notice the angled front end cut (that i worked on for half an hour to get it nice and smooth)

What tools are you using? Even with just a hacksaw, I can't see that taking more than 10 minutes. I suppose if you only had pipe cutters you would be limited to a straight cut and would have to file the rest down, which would kinda be a pain. Dremels are really cheap, I got a generic one at Target, variable speed, all the bells, whistles, and attachments for $29.99( http://www.target.co...3Arotary&page=1 )

For whom? You silly goose.

#13 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

What tools are you using? Even with just a hacksaw, I can't see that taking more than 10 minutes. I suppose if you only had pipe cutters you would be limited to a straight cut and would have to file the rest down, which would kinda be a pain. Dremels are really cheap, I got a generic one at Target, variable speed, all the bells, whistles, and attachments for $29.99( http://www.target.co...3Arotary&page=1 )

How high quality is this? I think I might buy one.

#14 nerfkid3

nerfkid3

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

What do you consider a noob. You are not even been a member for 60 days.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#15 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

I got mine about the same time that I signed up for this site, so I've had it for over a year, still very much alive and kicking. I've never had any problems with it, and its very nice to work with, the remote extension thing is extremely nice.

#16 Nerfer327

Nerfer327

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

I got mine about the same time that I signed up for this site, so I've had it for over a year, still very much alive and kicking. I've never had any problems with it, and its very nice to work with, the remote extension thing is extremely nice.

I've seen those in the stores, They Look nice.

Forsaken_angel24 Said-
Time heals all wounds.

#17 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

How long is that blowgun, and what kind of ranges are you getting with it? It looks a little short.

What kind of blowgun did you use? A 2' one?

Try a 5-6 foot one, combined with some real lung power. A SCH80 PVC Blowgun is stefan/streamline compatible, and it outranges most guns that aren't banned, with perfect accuracy. And if you're good, the ROF is better than any single shot nerf gun, and can even compete with the ROF of guns such as Doomsayers and Longshots.

You can even put Inline clips and breechless Deodorant clips on them (the latter of which turns it into a rediculous and hilarious machine gun).

I guess it just depends on lung power. Me and my small group of nerfing friends are all Trombone/Baritone/Tuba players, and we all use Blowguns very effectively. :P We abandoned blowguns in favor of blasters a while back, but we just recently started using blowguns again, and rediscovered how much they rock.

The fatal flaw of blowguns, however, is laughter. If something funny happens, you're defenseless. And for SCH40 PVC ones for stock darts, humidity will completely disable them, and cause darts to become lodged in the blowgun after producing a humorous elephant noise.

Edited by AssassinNF, 30 January 2009 - 11:11 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users