The Thing That Should Not Be - Part 2

What happened to the Scorpion?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 08:26 PM

What happened to the Scorpion that I cannibalized, you ask? Well, I tinkered around, reversed the firing mechanism, and turned it into a BnA style sidearm. I'm yet to put a proper barrel on, so I need to wait until BW makes me one. (Yes, this is what it was for. The PVC fits on perfectly.)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thoughts?

P.S. The Thing That Should Not Be is NOT the name of these guns. It is the name of the project in general. I will be thinking of names for the actual guns soon.
Spectre of the CFM

#2 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:09 PM

So it's pull and rellease??I think it would be more usefull if it was cocking.Looks pretty cool otherwise though.
GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#3 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:12 PM

I was going to try to make it a cocker, but I couldn't find a way to get it to lock, much less get it back together after doing so.
Spectre of the CFM

#4 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 11:44 PM

My lord dear sir, what did you do with that thing? Now it truly is an abomination of a project, haha. There doesn't seem a conservative way to "reverse the cocking mechanism", you would have to just sort of put it in backwards. Does it stay put alright? You'd almost just as well buy a Nite Finder and keep that thing the way it was supposed to be for aesthetics.

Edited by Jangadance, 04 February 2004 - 11:45 PM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#5 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 12:46 PM

It's as solid as a freakin rock. I haven't properly range tested it, but with that stub of a barrel it amazingly gets 30 ft. That's a lot considering more than half of the dart is exposed. If i could find a way to lock it and release it, it would be a lot more efficient. Plus, I've already cannibalized it, so I don't think there's a chance in hell of me getting it back the way it was.
Spectre of the CFM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users