Flash Day Counter?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 05:57 PM

I would like to set up a counter on my web site that counts down the days, and even hours and minuets to the next nerf war. Does anyone know of anything already done in flash that I can just drop right into the page I'm working on?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 Atticus

Atticus

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 06:44 PM

I don't know about a Flash one, but this site, KevinMitnick.com, has an HTML counter which counts down to the second, like you asked for. I tried to steal the source, but had trouble understanding which parts were necessary for the counter. You're a smart guy, I'm sure you could figure something out though. Good luck!

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:42 PM

Using that Javascript, just change the targetYear, targetMonth, and targetDate variables to whatever you need. targetMonth is 0 to 11 so April would be 3, June would be 5, and so on.

You need everything between line 35 (including whitespace lines) and line 149 inserted just after your <body> tag and the following code:

<td ALIGN=CENTER VALIGN=TOP WIDTH="400"><form NAME="frm"><input TYPE="textarea" NAME="left" SIZE="60" VALUE="Checking..." ALIGN="MIDDLE">

where you want the counter to appear on the page.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 19 February 2003 - 07:54 PM

Whoa. Thanks. Both of you have been very helpfull.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users