Photo

Nerf Wars In The Midwest

23 replies to this topic

#1 rjohnston97

rjohnston97

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

I don't understand why no one will host a war in illinois. Do all nerfers live on the coasts? I can't host one because my ma won't let me and I can't drive.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

There are many Nerf Outings that happen in the central(sp?). You just have to find them. And are you 13 yet?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 clinton

clinton

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

Im having one in Bellville.

Edited by clinton, 21 December 2008 - 10:10 AM.

Let It Be.... Let It Be

#4 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

It's really not that hard to understand. No one here nerfs. You will have to drive to get to a war.

I've tried hosting wars here in Iowa for 4 years now but there's never anyone who wants to come, or is close enough to come.

Fuck the coasts.

#5 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:56 AM

No one nerfs except for my friends up here in Northern IN either.

It SUCKS!
Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

Nerf wars grow around groups of local people. That’s why Minnesota is becoming a good area for Nerf in the Midwest: there’s a good group of local people who host regular wars, and that makes it worthwhile to travel there. Other states just don’t seem to have the player concentration to warrant people driving long distances to get there…no one wants to risk driving a long way to arrive at a tiny war.

I think that Illinois has a real possibility of being another stong Midwest nerfing area, as there seems to be a lot of board members there. Time will tell on that one.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#7 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hmm... I am considering hosting a war within the next year, as I am seeing a lot of people join that are from the chicago-land area, like me.

A simple list of those who are 100% sure of attending will possibly persuade people skeptical of the attendee volume to make the drive. (whew!)

Clinton, Bellville is a far drive for me, and by the looks of it, it is simply a get together at a house with less than 10 people actually attending.

That's the Best of the Midwest?? Come on!

We can definately do a lot better than that. We need some sort of gym (like massacre) somewhere in the chicago-land area. That's where the action's at.

I'm searching around for a gym setting either in a catholic school or a church, but we need to band together and make Illinois the stronghold of Nerfing in the midwest.

Brace yourselves for:

Ilno, or even better:

Illinoize

Better than that:

IlliNerf.

Chicago-area 2009

Edited by Puppy-§layer, 22 December 2008 - 03:12 PM.

QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

Also active as Slayer_of_OnE at NerfLovers!

#8 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

Illinois! Yeah! I don't know if my parents would take me to Naperville. It's about an hour away. Plus, they really despise nerf. -_-
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#9 stickfigure91x

stickfigure91x

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

Me and my merry band of marauders could probably make the trip from St. Louis to Chicago, it the war was Effeminate enough.
The laughing will cease when the effectiveness is proven.

#10 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

I also live in the Chicago-land area, Willing to go to anywar if it's worth the drive.

ILLINOIS WHORAH!

#11 Puppylayer

Puppylayer

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

Well, If I can find a suitable setting, as well as have a stunning attendance list, I think we could have a full scale midwest war. Fuck Minnesota when we can make:

IlliNerf
QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Dec 26 2008, 01:34 PM) View Post

Coal? You're santa arent you! You didn't give me that bike I wanted! Prepare to die!

Also active as Slayer_of_OnE at NerfLovers!

#12 rjohnston97

rjohnston97

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

im actually about turn 12 and any where around the chicago land area is probably my best bet for a nerf war but I have to get a new primary because my old one broke i also cant go out of state

Edited by rjohnston97, 26 December 2008 - 07:54 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#13 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Sorry rj97, but VACC has been informed.

@cb29: There are the guys around Indy and the one over in South Bend.

Edited by death by cheez, 26 December 2008 - 08:03 PM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#14 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:31 PM

rjohnston97,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will be functional in 2 years, when you are sufficiently old enough to participate in these forums. This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php
I hate you.

#15 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

I'm somewhat confused, the law is so that his information won't be online when he's under 13, but he just isn't able to post, so how does banning him satisfy the law?
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#16 neonpistols

neonpistols

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

Yes! A Nerf war in Illinois would be awesome and I live pretty close to Naperville. I just have to wait until it warms up.
"All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel" - Jimi Hendrix

#17 Suitcase Murphy

Suitcase Murphy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

It seems as though Naperville is pretty populated with nerfers. You guys should start talking and start acting on all these plans.

Either way, I'd gladly make the drive somewhere in or close to Illinois. Chciago-land, preferably, but I'll take what I can get.
QUOTE(One Man Clan)
Kill yourself......All of you.

QUOTE(Echnalaid)
I don't know, Busta said it, so I thought it was a valid word.

If Busta said it, it must be valid.

#18 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

This is an old topic, but, Suitcase Murphy did have something too add. Is this a necro?
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#19 Suitcase Murphy

Suitcase Murphy

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

Ah sorry, I didn't notice the date. My apologies.
QUOTE(One Man Clan)
Kill yourself......All of you.

QUOTE(Echnalaid)
I don't know, Busta said it, so I thought it was a valid word.

If Busta said it, it must be valid.

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

If anyone necroed it would be neonpistols but even then, he had something to add. Next time, just say, I know this is a necro, but I just want a war.

Plus, you NEVER need to wait to nerf, just play in the snow/sleet/cold/rain. It is pretty damn fun.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#21 hummer

hummer

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

I hate adding to the necro, but I feel the same way as you guys, because minasota is just a lttle too far away for me. the problem is noone is stepping up and making this happen. i know I'm not either, but I can't exactly cause I live above the 'ol ill, and I really don't feel like spending the effort on finding a place when I don't know the area.
Into the fires of battle!
Onto the anvil of war!
QUOTE(BustaNinja @ Nov 23 2010, 04:09 PM) View Post

He parkours over flat land while yelling tactical orders at no one. Demon Lord is the most legit ballsy nerfer of all time.

#22 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

I hate adding to the necro, but I feel the same way as you guys, because minasota is just a lttle too far away for me. the problem is noone is stepping up and making this happen. i know I'm not either, but I can't exactly cause I live above the 'ol ill, and I really don't feel like spending the effort on finding a place when I don't know the area.

Minnesota is well worth traveling to. Carbon lives relatively near Milwaukee and he has traveled to MN 3 times. I do understand why you wouldn't be able to make the trip. I mean, Carbon is old, he's got travel resources. Most of you guys are young like me, so you don't have so many resources.

By the way, whoever said "Fuck Minnesota", you can go fuck yourself. Minnesota is straight up hardcore, don't be hating on us just because we've been having great wars for 2 and a half years.

#23 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:57 PM

Holy shit, another Wisconsin nerfer.

Yeah, it doesn't work well that way. Nerf wars grow the best when a local group starts one, and can guarantee a certain level of attendance. No one wants to drive to a war with only three people.

I mean, Carbon is old

Watch it, or I'll beat you about the head and shoulders with my cane. And stay the hell off my goddamn lawn.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#24 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hey, I'm a semi-Wisconsin (though not too proud about it) Nerfer, now that I go to school in Milwaukee.

"Fuck Minnesota"
- Some whiny little bitch
Hey you better watch it, Minnesota is the only place in the Midwest with a consistent attendance to wars. WE ARE THE THIRD COAST!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users