K9's Review Of The Buzzbee Belt Blaster

(BBBR)

38 replies to this topic

#1 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

The BBBR is the latest gun to come out BuzzBee, It's intention was to copy Nerf's release of the Vulcan, and we got this. It is a belt-fed shotgun styled springer, It feels nice to hold, makes for a decent gun for rushing and comes at the nice low price of $19.99 CAD (currently only found in Canadian Walmarts)

Accuracy: 8/10
The Accuracy of this gun remarkably... accurate. there two post sights which is a bonus for K9 because this allows for aiming with both eyes open (my bad eye is the one I look down the sights with). plus this gun is quite balanced and the semi-vertical foregrip allows for good stability. Also during the range test, the variance in distance was under one foot so the reliability of power levels allows for better targeting

Performance: [stock] 9/10
High Rof, decent stock ranges (32-35) and chain fed. Very amazing in its stock form. The BBBR feels like a real assault rifle (Yes I would know) but without the extra weight, The gun is actually quite light despite the look of it. The belt provided is 30 rounds long and can be shortened/extended easily due to a new system buzzbee has used.

Mod-ability: [from looking at a closed shell] 7/10
Ok, It uses BuzzBee shells... That's one downer. But there appears to be almost no deadspace, because the screw attaching the plungerhead can be seen from behind the shell. the gun can be singled and using the foregrip it can be breeched easily. Most of the shell seems to empty, allowing for heavy-duty integrations.

Overall: 25/30 = 84%
This gun is now my favorite stock gun, (used to the double shot) I give it thumbs up for now. The only real down side I can see to this gun is the work dealing with the shells and the gun's durability.

The cool cold video of the BBBR's performance
(It's cold out in Canada)

To use megavideo.com:
-Click the play button
-Close the Ad
-Click play again

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by k9turrent, 29 January 2009 - 05:52 PM.

QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#2 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Where did you get it? And how much was it?

#3 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

Where did you get it? And how much was it?

The BBBR is the latest gun to come out BuzzBee, It's intention was to copy Nerf's release of the Vulcan, and we got this. It is a belt-fed shotgun styled springer, It feels nice to hold, makes for a decent gun for rushing and comes at the nice low price of $19.99 CAD (currently only found in Canadian Walmarts)

Dude...read...
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#4 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for uploading a vid and all, but could you possibly put it on youtube or something? The megavideos site gave me spam when I clicked play.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#5 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

If you close the spam and then re-click play it goes...

and most of my videos will be banned from youtube cause of music issues.
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#6 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

Buzzbee shells... -_-

Stefan compatibilty will be a serious PAIN IN MY ASS.

But the worst part is that it's a pump-action springer with good reliability, it looks like it has good range potential (if the shitty buzzbee shells hit 30'), it can have a clip as long or short as you want, and it's only $20. Which means I have to buy it now. Fucking buzzbee. :lol:

Good review. I need to find a few of these.

EDIT: a few questions:

1. How do you dettach pieces of the belt? Will the belts accidentally fall apart on their own?

2. How strong is the rotation mech? Do you think this gun could even handle a longer chain? (You know, since the Vulcan has issues...)

Edited by AssassinNF, 29 January 2009 - 06:10 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#7 neonpistols

neonpistols

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

I can't wait till stores in my area get these.
"All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel" - Jimi Hendrix

#8 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

This seems like a pretty good gun and i can't wait to get two(all in due time). only one question that everyone wants to know, what are the ranges approximately? It seems to have a decent amount of power behind it. Can you get internal pics if you dare to open it?
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#9 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

That one didn't have any music, but whatever. I'm just afraid of spam.

Less money than a vulcan, more moddable, and slightly better range? I'm in. It will be the best pump action blaster released in the past few years.

Edited by Foamfoot, 29 January 2009 - 06:10 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#10 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

That and the underage nudity.

Could you do us a favor and measure the OD of the shells? I'm very interested in one of these. I hope they start showing up on the west coast soon.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#11 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

Would it work with regular buzz-bee shells? In some sort of gravity fed clip? (Do the shells fit in the gear?).

That thing is pretty cool. I hope the price stays at $20 when it comes to the states.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#12 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

1. How do you dettach pieces of the belt? Will the belts accidentally fall apart on their own?

2. How strong is the rotation mech? Do you think this gun could even handle a longer chain? (You know, since the Vulcan has issues...)

1. The pieces of the belt are snaped together and quite a bit of twisting is required to remove them

2. The rotation cog seems quite strong... but since the shells are removable, I would take pieces off/ loop the chain to save the mech. inside

what are the ranges approximately? It seems to have a decent amount of power behind it. Can you get internal pics if you dare to open it?

ranges: [in a hallway, measuring tape.]

And I'm at work Right now so I can't open at this moment in time... wait untill tomorrow evening

edit:

Could you do us a favor and measure the OD of the shells?

I'm at work. still

Would it work with regular buzz-bee shells? In some sort of gravity fed clip? (Do the shells fit in the gear?).

Yes they do work with normal BuzzBee shells (I've tried.)

Edited by k9turrent, 29 January 2009 - 06:26 PM.

QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#13 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

It will be the best pump action blaster released in the past few years.

The Doomsayer would like to have a word with you.

Seriously, this looks great, but it's buzzbee... There's gotta be something wrong with it. I just hope it's more internally durable than other buzzbee guns. That's the one thing that could turn this potential gem into a pile of shit.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#14 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

I wonder if you had a way to feed the chain smoothly out of the opening, if you could get an RFR to work with the chain.

Penut butter, new project!

EDIT: I didn't include the doomsayer because it just got banned. It is still better though...

Edited by Foamfoot, 29 January 2009 - 06:31 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#15 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Does anyone else notice how it looks like a spartan laser?

#16 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

A few questions:
1. How easy is it to snap the chains together/pull them apart? I would be worried about the chains going everywhere in a war.
2. Were they selling chain refills that you could see at the walmart?
3. Have you had any rotation/chain skipping issues?
4. OPEN THE DAMN THING UP!!!!!!!!
Great job getting this up, Im getting this like tomorrow. Im putting off the k9 special to do it.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#17 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

A few questions:
1. How easy is it to snap the chains together/pull them apart? I would be worried about the chains going everywhere in a war.
2. Were they selling chain refills that you could see at the walmart?
3. Have you had any rotation/chain skipping issues?
4. OPEN THE DAMN THING UP!!!!!!!!
Great job getting this up, Im getting this like tomorrow. Im putting off the k9 special to do it.

1. As long as you don't twist the chain too hard

2. no, there was no chain refills...that I saw

2. There hasn't been any major issues with the mech. yet.

4. I AM AT FUCKING WORK!!!!
QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#18 Awesomeness101

Awesomeness101

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

I thought it was motorized. That looks awesome.

#19 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Remember that guy from Australia who posted a writeup for homemade PETG Buzz Bee shells a year ago or so? I'm wondering if that could be applied to this.
EDIT: Aww, crap. I went past post 300! I was going to post a writeup!

Edited by Salmon, 29 January 2009 - 06:49 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#20 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

Awesome. I can't wait to see the internals. It'll be interesting to see the plunger size.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#21 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

Considering I have had great luck with all my other buzzbee guns, I plan on buying this as soon as I see it if I have the money. Damn insurance.

#22 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

I do not like this gun. I will not like this gun until someone (splitlip) uses vulcan parts to make this thing electric.

#23 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

seems like if done right the belt blast could be a sturdy secondary or even a primary with some work... I'm now hoping that they bring it to stores near me. Question: is the plunger head strong enough to hold an extra spring? (night finder)

-nerfbros
We have no sig.

#24 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

I do not like this gun. I will not like this gun until someone (splitlip) uses vulcan parts to make this thing electric.

that's very narrow minded.
1. not only splitlip knows how to mod guns, there are plenty of other nerfers new and old that could do good mods, don't set a gun on only a certain person, its embarrassing to you and him
2. why dose it have to be electric, it looks fairly easy to prime and even has a handle to do so. is a chain easy enough for you or, do you need someone to prime it for you too, you pathetic waste of carbon.
3. don't knock it till you try it, it may be a great gun don't hate it use because it doesn't do all the work for you. i have great confidence that it will be a great gun that will make the Vulcan a (fun and cool) collectors piece(with some potential)

[end_rant/]
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#25 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

seems like if done right the belt blast could be a sturdy secondary or even a primary with some work... I'm now hoping that they bring it to stores near me. Question: is the plunger head strong enough to hold an extra spring?

1. I don't think that this gun would suit being a secondary...IT'S TOO FRICKING BIG!!!!

2. I haven't seen the internals for this gun yet....Cause I'M STILL AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by k9turrent, 29 January 2009 - 09:30 PM.

QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users