Photo

Lsfg Ar Removal

So simple you shouldn't even need to read this.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

First mod write-up here, decided to just post the AR removal of a LSFG. Extremely easy and quite self-explanatory, but for the people who are too afraid to attempt things on their own I decided to just throw something I did in about 2 or 3 minutes up.

Alright, so first you take your LSFG Plunger Tube. The LSFG is a reverse-plunger design, so take the barrel part, where the dart actually rests. If you look at it from the top (not where the dart goes) there should be a small hole and a circular ridge, and then the outer rim with the O-Ring (sorry I don’t have pictures of this, it only occurred to me to take pictures after I finished).

So basically what we’re going to do is drill all the way through the inner little circle in the back and remove the peg, spring, and air restrictor. Take a 11/32 drill (I’m expecting a 3/8 drill will work too) and drill the crap out of the back. The peg should fall out (mine snapped; whatever). At first I used a smaller drill and moved slowly onto the 11/32, but drilling pure 11/32 will be faster and will probably work better.

So when I did this only my peg and a son of extra crap plastic dust came out. Looking down my barrel I saw that the restrictor and spring were still there, (maybe because I has used a smaller drill first) so I moved on to the 11/32 and drill the heck out of the inside. The little restrictor spring popped out all mutilated and broken, and I saw that the very outside little ring of the restrictor itself was still down there. So I drilled around a it until the little ring’s outside faced the hole and popped it out of the barrel with a screwdriver.

Hopefully you won’t have that problem if you use a pure 3/8 or 11/32 drill instead of working my way up to that size (stupid idea).

Here’s the ring and snapped peg (my spring got lost):
Posted Image

For the end product you should be able to see straight through the barrel, like so:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, make sure there’s no crap plastic dust in the 4 little slits beside the O-Ring:
Posted Image
If there is some plastic dust in there, just blow it out of use a thin wire or something to push it through or pull it out.

Sorry about A ) the lack of process pictures, I only have after-the-work pictures
and B ) crappy picture quality. My camera kind of sucks... but hey! at least there's pictures.

Now it’s up to you if you want to do anything else to your LSFG, my part here is done. Ironically, I lost my catch spring so I just shoves a clicky pen spring in there for a replacement. I’ve heard this works:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12855

I’m also personally loving this work:
http://nerfhaven.com...43

Anyways, whatever you do; this post is getting too long for such a freaking simple write-up. You should have already probably don’t this yourself before reading this.

Flames, anyone?

Edited by Glint, 27 January 2009 - 07:19 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#2 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

I currently have a completely unopened Longshot with a frontgun. Probably not gonna mod the actual LS for some time until I get better.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is this mod? Ranges? I've modded these guns successivly - Nightfinder, Tek 6 x2 (one AR removal, one singled) BBBB (simple mod, hacksawed off orange piece and hole on end of barrel.) Recon (4 mods: Spring addition, AR removal, wire on tube mod, trigger traveling distance reduction mod [dunno how else to put it]) Lazer Tek (AR removal) and several Crossfires. I broke when modding a FireFly and Maverick.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:41 PM

1. It consists of turning your hand counter clockwise a ton and drilling a hole. Not that difficult. You'll be fine.

#4 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:56 AM

It should be pretty easy for you. If you can mod a recon you can mod this too.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#5 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Ona scale from 1 to 10 this thing's like a 0. Actually.

As for ranges, I don't have definates. The LSFG has practically no potnetial at all, and with this mod it's getting about 20 - 25 ft. ranges (educated guess).

Edited by Glint, 31 January 2009 - 08:47 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#6 John

John

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:41 PM

Doing this mod as I speak. I have a small problem, though. It could be that my bit is old, but I have no idea when I got it. Actually, I think my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag, but it keeps spinning. It doesn't look like it's doing much. Oh yeah, and I'm drilling until I get to the AR, would drilling the peg itself out do anything bad, or can I just go though it?
Scratch that, I got it just fine. Now I have to figure out why this stupid spring isn't going in... Crud. This is the 4th time I've had to unscrew everything. I'm getting sick of this... Eh, I'll eat on it.

Edited by -John-, 25 February 2010 - 11:18 AM.

I haz a cheezburger wif 2 pickles an longcat's blessing. Oh yeah, and a side of awesumsaus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users