Green Gas And Plastics?

3 replies to this topic

#1 taiki

taiki

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

Search yielded little, so, yeah.

I know that CO2 and plastics are a huge no. But many airsoft guns use GG, so why not Nerf? Would GG be feasible with plastics?

#2 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:45 PM

Green Gas is just propane with a different name that they use to rip people off. It is still very cold, and I doubt it would be a very good idea for use with Nerf.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Definitely a bad idea. Not only will the plastics not like it, but flammable gas is just a TERRIBLE idea, in my opinion. I don't know why GG guns were ever put in to production. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Green gas is a no for NERF. The plastic we use is to brittle to stand the pressure it operates at (usually around 120+ PSI under NORMAL conditions at 68* F). Not only that but it gets cold when decompressing from the tank to barrel, so it would only just destroy your structural integrity of the barrel and any other exposed parts to the gas. Also if you live in a terminally cold climate then the gas just loses power and this is because of Ideal Gas Laws and temperature affecting gases ability to expand and produce the movement and force to do anything. As for CO2 being used, thats only because who ever did that reinforced the components in the gun to with stand the pressure. If you want to try anything like that though I MUST URGE CAUTION. Use safety glasses and wear thick clothes/gloves to protect your skin. The last thing we need is someone losing an eye to green gas, propane or CO2.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users