Photo

Marvelouse Salvo Help?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

I just finished my first marvelouse salvo a few hours ago, only to find that when I pump it the tanks don't get filled at all. The tubing is connected with 1/4 OD tubing couplers from Home Depot. I really don't know what in the heck is wrong with my set up, it looks exactly the same as the picture in the writeup in the mods directory.
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#2 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

Check for leaks by submerging it in water and pumping it. You also could have defective salvo tanks
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#3 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Can you hear any leaking? What pump are you using? If you hear leaking out of the barrels, you can try to repair them, but you will probably just have to replace them. If it's leaking elsewhere, you just need to do the leak test (water or soap bubbles) and then fix the leak you find.

#4 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

Is the pump plugged? Also, it ussually takes a while, at least for me, to fill the three tanks. My first one didn't take so long though. Good luck with it.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#5 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I just did the water test. Turns out that it's leaking from all four of my connectors! :) So just how should I go about fixing these leaks, would epoxy work, I know they have that at my local ACE, but I don't know if they have silicone spray. To answer you question, I am using a plugged AT2K pump. Thanks in advance.

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#6 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

I just did the water test. Turns out that it's leaking from all four of my connectors! :) So just how should I go about fixing these leaks, would epoxy work, I know they have that at my local ACE, but I don't know if they have silicone spray. To answer you question, I am using a plugged AT2K pump. Thanks in advance.

I encountered the same problem when I was working on an earlier project; the best way I've found to seal the tubing is to smear super glue (Loctite, that Krazy Glue brush-on stuff, or related adhesives) on the barbed connector and shove the tubing on top. It dries very quickly (a few minutes at most), it seals airtight, and if you cut the tubing right at the connector scissors will make short work of the glued-on tubing, which makes the process pretty reversible if you're not getting an airtight seal just by jamming the tubing on.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#7 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

I just did the water test. Turns out that it's leaking from all four of my connectors! :angry: So just how should I go about fixing these leaks, would epoxy work, I know they have that at my local ACE, but I don't know if they have silicone spray. To answer you question, I am using a plugged AT2K pump. Thanks in advance.

I encountered the same problem when I was working on an earlier project; the best way I've found to seal the tubing is to smear super glue (Loctite, that Krazy Glue brush-on stuff, or related adhesives) on the barbed connector and shove the tubing on top. It dries very quickly (a few minutes at most), it seals airtight, and if you cut the tubing right at the connector scissors will make short work of the glued-on tubing, which makes the process pretty reversible if you're not getting an airtight seal just by jamming the tubing on.

Do you thing this would work with hot glue? All I really seem to need is a very slight inlargement of tube size, and then it would be airtight. I think I may try this and see what happens, hot glue seems to be very easy to remove.

#8 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

Do you thing this would work with hot glue? All I really seem to need is a very slight inlargement of tube size, and then it would be airtight. I think I may try this and see what happens, hot glue seems to be very easy to remove.

You're free to try hot glue, but I don't really think that it would hold very well. I haven't tried it though, so I can't say with any degree of certainty, and it seems like it would be easy to reverse. Good luck.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users