Photo

Nerf Nightfinder Mod/ The Diplomat

26 replies to this topic

#1 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys here is my finished nightfinder i traded radio for 2 nightfinders so i decided to trick one of em out. So tell me what you think and im still looking for a name so if you have a idea please share. Its got the basic a.r removal and gets 50 ft with taggers and 55 ft with stefans. Also with rubberbands taggers go 58 ft and stefans get 64 ft.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by troy2421, 15 January 2009 - 05:25 PM.

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Jun 9 2009, 12:10 AM) View Post

I ended up with a reactor with some balls for 25 cents. I mainly wanted the balls...

#2 Guest_Rixon_*

Guest_Rixon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Did you use white out? If so, why? There are so many other options for painting, for example use painters tape and spray paint, and layer it.

#3 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

Those ranges are amazing, howd you do that with just AR removal?
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#4 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

Those ranges are amazing, howd you do that with just AR removal?

He didn't, it's bullshit.

PS. Is that... Silver sharpie?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#5 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:29 PM

Did you use white out? If so, why? There are so many other options for painting, for example use painters tape and spray paint, and layer it.

i used silver sharpie because i had no paint on me at the time now it is touched up and the barrel is silver and personally its easier and looks better than spray paint to me.
edit: i forgot to leave out me puttin in a tech target spring that keef told me to do and rubber bands can help out alot i think i drilled out the cross in the piece that holds in the a.r

Edited by troy2421, 15 January 2009 - 04:32 PM.

I ended up with a reactor with some balls for 25 cents. I mainly wanted the balls...

#6 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

How does this even qualify for it's own thread?

#7 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

How does this even qualify for it's own thread?

i wanted to show you guys my nf and this is the mod section so why not?

#8 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Sloppily painted. That's what I think.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#9 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

Sloppily painted. That's what I think.

thanks for your opinion it was my like 4th paintjob on a nerf gun before and i didnt have alot of black spraypaint left.

#10 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

No offence, but its not that awesome looking. Did you put primer layer like black or white?
I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#11 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Might as well used tip-ex.
QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#12 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Silver Sharpie is great if you know how to make it look good. You, on the other hand, don't. You leave so much space in between sharpie strokes, and it's so uneven that it looks like crap, no offense. If you cover the surface well, it will look like silver paint, and not like you sharpied it on.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#13 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

Post it in the Mod/ PJ thread...
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#14 kdizzle1533

kdizzle1533

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

instead of just flaming him for what he did wrong why don't we give him constructive criticism so he can learn from it.

- its a good start but if you paint the shells whail the gun is open then it’s a lot easier to get the spray paint in the hard to reach spots like under the dart holder.

-good mod, but make sure you are as accurate as you can be with ranges because tacking on a few extra feet is a no no.

-try to look around next time before you post, there is a big thread for paint jobs and modifications. New threads are usually for innovative mods that haven't been done before.
...yea girls nerf too...

#15 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

new and updated pictures added. I went over the sharpie with more smooth sharpie strokes and did the barrel silver.

#16 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Use a brush, or black sharpie to touch up on the areas that the paint spray missed. I can tell you wanted to see this thing black really fast. Try taking your time with a lot of VERY small coats.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#17 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hmm, as for a name... How bout The Diplomat?
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#18 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:55 PM

Hmm, as for a name... How bout The Diplomat?

cool thanks i think thats it then its the Diplomat

#19 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

With that much power, does it have the barrel to accommodate it?

Edited by Echnalaid, 15 January 2009 - 09:34 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

Any longer and reload time goes down the crapper.

Some of you had the right idea with your helpful suggestions. Others, not so much. Frankly, as of 2005, when Baghead joined the community, you've all been spoiled by quality paintjobs. It all went uphill from there, but seriously? Constructive criticism helps. "That's ugly" "That sucks" "Fix it" etc. don't.

However, it IS completely fine for him to have a thread about it, because if he wants FEEDBACK and HELP, he can't GET any in the Mods/Paintjobs thread. Fair?

Now Troy, what's been said in here that was constructive was all good advice (including Bob's name suggestion, I might add...nice!) Just take your time, and try moving up to some nicer painting supplies, etc. Patience is everything. I've screwed up paintjobs on prized primaries (and still do...my Nite Finder looks like crap under the tape I covered my mistake with) because I'm not always patient about it. So tread lightly, and things should start looking cleaner. Regardless, it looks very nice considering you only had a sharpie on hand for the silver. You have a steady hand; I would've messed up the edges between the silver and black, I'm sure.

Edited by Falcon, 16 January 2009 - 02:01 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#21 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Any longer and reload time goes down the crapper.

Some of you had the right idea with your helpful suggestions. Others, not so much. Frankly, as of 2005, when Baghead joined the community, you've all been spoiled by quality paintjobs. It all went uphill from there, but seriously? Constructive criticism helps. "That's ugly" "That sucks" "Fix it" etc. don't.

However, it IS completely fine for him to have a thread about it, because if he wants FEEDBACK and HELP, he can't GET any in the Mods/Paintjobs thread. Fair?

Now Troy, what's been said in here that was constructive was all good advice (including Bob's name suggestion, I might add...nice!) Just take your time, and try moving up to some nicer painting supplies, etc. Patience is everything. I've screwed up paintjobs on prized primaries (and still do...my Nite Finder looks like crap under the tape I covered my mistake with) because I'm not always patient about it. So tread lightly, and things should start looking cleaner. Regardless, it looks very nice considering you only had a sharpie on hand for the silver. You have a steady hand; I would've messed up the edges between the silver and black, I'm sure.

thanks falcon that means alot. Ill try to be more patient nextime.

#22 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

Nice Effort, but your ranges must be BS. My Nf, with CPVC barrel, Crossfire spring, no ars and a giant rubber band gets about 50 ft unofficially. Unless you've dropped in a no 49 spring, and have cpvc hidden in it, good try, but not good enough. Minimize it, CPVC it, and add a no. 49 spring and you've got an awesome sidearm.

Edited by Nerf Bros, 16 January 2009 - 09:34 PM.

We have no sig.

#23 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

I like it... I think you will do a lot better in the future since this is your 4th paintjob. Heck, my first 5 were just solid coats of paint. mainly black or white. I like the look the sharpie gives and think you did a great job for what you had on hand.

#24 i nerf i

i nerf i

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

i have a suggestion if you think of doing another paint job....

take it all apart and take everything out of it so all you have is the shell..

then paint the shell with a PRIMER COAT first...

then do 2 coats of colored paint...

after that you can paint your interior pieces.. i found this helps alot when painting and its easy to do too... anyone can do it...

ill post some pictures of my guns after there done... (right now its too cold to paint because i paint outside =P)

thanks for reading!

Edit: painters tape would help, also range is BS because i only get 40 with stefans.

Edited by i nerf i, 25 January 2009 - 11:41 AM.

ive broke 5 nerf guns in many different ways, and i still dont have a girlfriend....

#25 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

You brought a week old thread back to post an idea that has been used by the majority of (good) nerf gun painters for I don't know how long.

Plus you said his range was bull shit even though there is also a ttg spring in there (read all of the OP's posts to get an idea of what is actually happening).

You need to (re)-read this: The Code of Conduct. And you need to use it.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users