Photo

Daft 09

Formerly SOF Dallas

184 replies to this topic

Poll: Dallas Nerf War Poll (84 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Indoor/Outdoor

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Gametypes

Vote Guests cannot vote

#126 FatNerfer

FatNerfer

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:30 AM

can we use Singled not pluged BBBB?

Edited by FatNerfer, 05 July 2009 - 02:30 AM.

QUOTE(SchizophrenicMC @ Feb 8 2010, 08:57 AM) View Post
Because calling a nerfer a nerd is like calling water wet.

QUOTE(PunkPictures @ Oct 9 2009, 05:26 PM) View Post
nerfhaven is so fucking gay.

#127 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:08 AM

Francesca, I believe you're listed as Salmon's Friend currently, so I'll fix that in the morning.

Wing'd Man, the hours aren't worked out yet, it's a month off. Until I can find out the weather forcast for the 6th of August, I won't know. Temperature, precip, and all that will play into it. If it's too hot, I can't call a nerf war like this into action. People will be having heat stroke. If it's raining, I may be able to call it, but it'd depend on the amount of rain. Hell, if there's an air pollution watch, I can't call it at all. I don't need someone fallin' down with heat stroke and an asthma attack in the middle of this war on a damned high school campus. They'd kick us off and ban all activities of the sort permanently. So, we wait. If it's too hot, I call it earlier and later.

Darkside, read what I said to Wing'd.

FatNerfer, it's in the first post. Singled BBBBs are in the same class as Singled Titans. They're not allowed. If its performance is less than that of one, bring it and we'll find out. Worst that'll happen is you can't use it.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#128 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

Bump: War's in 3 weeks. Be ready.

#129 Jumping Nacho

Jumping Nacho

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Put me as a YES, I will go to the ends of the earth to be there!
"At that point I know it wasn't just a quest for survival, It was to catch 'em all. Every freakin' pokEmon out there!" - Ty Pickens

#130 LNL plus LS equals WIN

LNL plus LS equals WIN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:37 PM

Count me in!

Yah my first war!! :lol:

Edited by LNL + LS = win, 24 July 2009 - 10:11 AM.

Jun 24 2009, 02:57 PM
MY ASS IS GLORIOUS!
VACC

QUOTE(CA13 @ Aug 15 2009, 05:59 PM) View Post

Ryan- Could you weigh the balls for extra oomph? Maybe cut one ball open (like a slit) and spread it so you could get some weights in there?

#131 HiTech126

HiTech126

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

I've been trying to get brass for an angel breech, but have been unable to. If someone could tell me where to get the brass, I would be thankful.

On topic: I will be bringing one friend with me.

#132 Jumping Nacho

Jumping Nacho

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:19 AM

Have you checked with the school, and local laws to make sure we wont get shot by the police?

Edited by Jumping Nacho, 19 July 2009 - 08:20 AM.

"At that point I know it wasn't just a quest for survival, It was to catch 'em all. Every freakin' pokEmon out there!" - Ty Pickens

#133 LNL plus LS equals WIN

LNL plus LS equals WIN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Have you checked with the school, and local laws to make sure we wont get shot by the police?

As long as your guns are not all black or camo your fine.

Edited by LNL + LS = win, 19 July 2009 - 10:10 AM.

MY ASS IS GLORIOUS!
VACC

Ryan- Could you weigh the balls for extra oomph? Maybe cut one ball open (like a slit) and spread it so you could get some weights in there?

#134 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Ok, Francesca, me, and Jackal/Jack are all going to be coming, and I think I speak for all three of us when I say I am incredibly pumped and cannot wait till this this thing to goes down.
And 3 weeks? Beast. I think I just had a minor anxiety attack about darts though... 3 weeks and 400 to go.

EDIT: Also, usually singled BBBB's are allowed, so long as they aren't plugged... right?

Edited by Salmon, 19 July 2009 - 09:21 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#135 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:05 AM

I've been trying to get brass for an angel breech, but have been unable to. If someone could tell me where to get the brass, I would be thankful.

On topic: I will be bringing one friend with me.

Try Ace Hardware on Park Row and Collins. You're from Arlington, you should know where that is.

We won't get shot as long as your gun is eye-raping. We may be approached by local law enforcement if they decide it's a bad idea for us to be on-campus. If that happens, there is a park right down the street we can go to. I chose carefully our location.

As long as your guns are not all black or camo your fine.

What he said.

Ok, Francesca, me, and Jackal/Jack are all going to be coming, and I think I speak for all three of us when I say I am incredibly pumped and cannot wait till this this thing to goes down.
And 3 weeks? Beast. I think I just had a minor anxiety attack about darts though... 3 weeks and 400 to go.

EDIT: Also, usually singled BBBB's are allowed, so long as they aren't plugged... right?

Right. Yeah, you can bring a singled BBBB but not a plugged singled BBBB. Always mix that up.

Dear, sweet... I just realized the same problem... And my BBB fell apart! ARGH!

#136 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

BUMP!

DAFT will take place this coming Thursday. You've all got less than a week.

Unfortunately, the same goes for me. Recently, I've had a bit of an unfortunate turn of events. My LS has ceased firing, my MS has refused to reassemble, I can't find any of my other guns, leaving me with a restrictor-gouged NF... That's my friend's.

Not to mention, all of my stefans have disappeared.

So, the way things are looking, I may have to drop out of my own war. This doesn't mean the show won't go on. Far from it. I leave my trust in Salmon and Sputnik. If I can't make it - and I'll post the day before confirming - I want you two to take over.

Finally, I've decided on times for the event. DAFT '09 will start at 1 PM on Thursday. It will go on until 5 or 6. This decision was made due to temperature concerns.

#137 HiTech126

HiTech126

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

Recently, I've had a bit of an unfortunate turn of events. My LS has ceased firing, my MS has refused to reassemble, I can't find any of my other guns, leaving me with a restrictor-gouged NF... That's my friend's.

Not to mention, all of my stefans have disappeared.

So, the way things are looking, I may have to drop out of my own war. This doesn't mean the show won't go on. Far from it. I leave my trust in Salmon and Sputnik. If I can't make it - and I'll post the day before confirming - I want you two to take over.

I have a spare LS that you could use. It's not the best, it was one of my first mods. Stock breech, NF, LS, and some other small spring that's about the same size as the NF spring, and a front gun integration. If you want to use it for the war you can, I have no use for it and it would suck for you to miss your own war.

#138 LNL plus LS equals WIN

LNL plus LS equals WIN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:36 PM

speaking of stefans, anybody wanting to sell me 120 stefans?

Edited by LNL + LS = win, 31 July 2009 - 07:37 PM.

MY ASS IS GLORIOUS!
VACC

#139 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

schizophrenicMC, I was planning on bringing a couple differnt guns for this very reason, and if one of my guns failed. So I better see you there.

Also I dont know about you all but tomorrow im having a serious stefan making day.

Edited by thedarksideofnerf, 31 July 2009 - 09:20 PM.

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#140 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Finally, I've decided on times for the event. DAFT '09 will start at 1 PM on Thursday. It will go on until 5 or 6. This decision was made due to temperature concerns.

I hate to say it, but frankly, I'm not sure if we are up to that. I mean, me and my friends are pretty young, and it seems like lot to ask to suddenly volunteer us up to the stage. We'll do what we can, but... no promises. Hopefully, everybody will just be able to get together and have a war, even if there isn't really a designated host.
On a different topic, is anybody bringing anything to trade? I may be able to bring a few things, a Titan, a Maverick, a screwed up Xbow shell, and others.

EDIT: @SchizoMC: You should at least show up, even if you don't have much. Ask someone to loan you a gun or something. And you could just pick up the darts you see on the field, if nothing else, and use them.

EDIT2: The official list of stuff I may be able to bring:
- Seriously messed up Xbow shell and plunger rod, crap PJ, cut up, "the works", no screws
- Most of a +bow, missing plunger+plunger tube assembly
- N-Strike Magstrike
- Longshot shell, missing most screws
- Hornet shell, "Hornette" style, no screws
- A few Longshot clips
- Handle-less red DTG, no ARs, other mods
- AT2K pump
- Most of a red BBB, would be in pieces if I even brought it
Stuff I'm looking for:
- Big Salvo(!!!!!!11)
- AT2Ks
- Expand-A-Blast
- SMDTGs, both spring and air
- Original (black and yellow) 4B
- Lightnin' Blitz(!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!1!!!eleven!!!!)
- Old-style SM1500, other Supermaxx guns

Edited by Salmon, 01 August 2009 - 05:31 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#141 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

I hate to say it, but frankly, I'm not sure if we are up to that. I mean, me and my friends are pretty young, and it seems like lot to ask to suddenly volunteer us up to the stage. We'll do what we can, but... no promises. Hopefully, everybody will just be able to get together and have a war, even if there isn't really a designated host.
On a different topic, is anybody bringing anything to trade? I may be able to bring a few things, a Titan, a Maverick, a screwed up Xbow shell, and others.

EDIT: @SchizoMC: You should at least show up, even if you don't have much. Ask someone to loan you a gun or something. And you could just pick up the darts you see on the field, if nothing else, and use them.

I'll bring all my old shit to trade including a petg scout, singled longshot, and others. And if any body has extra brass tubing that there bringing i'll trade, or buy it.
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

#142 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:35 PM

Thanks, guys. It means a lot.

I'm trying to find my screwdriver so I can open the LS and see what's wrong with it. It's the one I'd probably be able to fix, to start with, since I have so much experience doing it before. My friend recently gave me a BBB to turn into a Big Bad Sexy, but since I failed, he said I could have it. Basically, that leaves the spring.

I only wish I had some money to restock my nerf shelf. Better yet, access to my cousin's collection. He's got a firefly shell I wanna put the MS internals in.

Salmon, sorry for putting you on the spot there, it's just that you're the one I've noticed is probably best-suited for this, what with the way you speak. And how old are you? I mean, I just turned 15 a week ago.

The reason I was so reluctant to attend my own war is because I'm a lead-by-example guy. I think the commander should be in the front of his squad, the whole time, you know?

So, with that, I leave to continue the search for a screwdriver.

#143 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

I was board so I made flags for capture the flag.
<ktp753>ouch.

#144 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

I was board so I made flags for capture the flag.

Cool. I'm still trying to get the bombs working... Even with the recent rains, the burn ban is still on, so I can't make the smokers I was gonna, so I'll stick with a bigass beeping dude. Unfortunately, it's been some time since I brought it out of the garage, so now I'm troubleshooting issues.

#145 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:40 AM

Anybody want to sell me stefans/PETG? I just realized I only have like 60 stefans...

#146 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:04 PM

The day of the war I will be selling bags of 50 stefans for $10-$12. They fit my thickwall petg nicely.
wing'd man- i will bring extra petg

Edited by thedarksideofnerf, 03 August 2009 - 05:06 PM.

<ktp753>ouch.

#147 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

How many darts should I have for the war? I already have a bit...
thedarkside- How much PETG are you bringing and how much do you want for it?

#148 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:36 AM

wing'd man I would say you want at least 200 darts and I'll prabadly bring most of what I have.
<ktp753>ouch.

#149 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

wing'd man I would say you want at least 200 darts and I'll prabadly bring most of what I have.

shit. I really need to get cracking then. I only have like 80.
how much would that be? I need at least 20 feet. Do you think I would have time to barrel my DTB with the PETG when I get there?

#150 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

shit. I really need to get cracking then. I only have like 80.
how much would that be? I need at least 20 feet. Do you think I would have time to barrel my DTB with the PETG when I get there?

I would think so.
<ktp753>ouch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users