Photo

Daft 09

Formerly SOF Dallas

184 replies to this topic

Poll: Dallas Nerf War Poll (84 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Indoor/Outdoor

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Gametypes

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:26 PM

(Pussy anti-stefan rant)

Wear eye protection.

Stefans are a necessary part if Nerf Wars, to ban them would be to take away the fun of supremely modding a blaster.

Come on, man up.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#27 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

(Pussy anti-stefan rant)

Wear eye protection.

Stefans are a necessary part if Nerf Wars, to ban them would be to take away the fun of supremely modding a blaster.

Come on, man up.

Damn it, Sputnik, lemme hit you with a stefan from my cousin's Mav. I swear that thing's shot farther than my LS.

And they're not necessary. Several people ban stefans. Those people generally ban all mods, too. Here, I'm letting ANY mod be performed.

Like I said: Prove to me you can nail a non-headshot, and your entire stefan collection is playable, as are your taggers. All that would be is getting a target without hitting a roughly head-sized box I have above it. :lol:

So, what do you think of Seguin?
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#28 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

(Pussy anti-stefan rant)

Wear eye protection.

Come on, man up.

Damn it, Sputnik, lemme hit you with a stefan from my cousin's Mav. I swear that thing's shot farther than my LS.

And they're not necessary. Several people ban stefans. Those people generally ban all mods, too. Here, I'm letting ANY mod be performed.

Like I said: Prove to me you can nail a non-headshot, and your entire stefan collection is playable, as are your taggers. All that would be is getting a target without hitting a roughly head-sized box I have above it. :P

Deal.

I assume this would be with the primaries right?

Seguin sounds good, its a great town.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#29 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:53 PM

(Pussy anti-stefan rant)

Wear eye protection.

Come on, man up.

Like I said: Prove to me you can nail a non-headshot, and your entire stefan collection is playable, as are your taggers. All that would be is getting a target without hitting a roughly head-sized box I have above it. :P

Deal.

I assume this would be with the primaries right?

Seguin sounds good, its a great town.

I meant the afforementioned High School... Don't get me wrong, Seguin's a nice place, but I meant the high school on the southern edge of Arlington. I know for a fact there's no one there over the summer (I asked my cousin (Not the same one I talk about constantly) who lives by it and went to high school there.) and the terrain and such ain't that damn bad.

Oh, and there's not much point in forcing anything on secondaries. Their range generally sucks so much, it'd be almost barrel tap range before you got in with it... Then again, I'm basing this off an old Scout, my Recon, and a Tech Target...

In case you missed it, Juan Seguin High School, 7001 Silo Road, Arlington, Texas
It might even be in Mansfield.

Note: Damn, Sputnik. You're (realistically) 6 hours away and you still wanna come... I thought gun-happy Texas would have more Nerf wars. I mean, it seems crazy to drive 6 hours to get to a day of foam-firing. Next summer, if this works out, I'll make this an annual thing and move it around a bit, San Angelo being first. ;)

Edited by SchizophrenicMC, 02 February 2009 - 11:56 PM.

#30 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

Note: Damn, Sputnik. You're (realistically) 6 hours away and you still wanna come... I thought gun-happy Texas would have more Nerf wars. I mean, it seems crazy to drive 6 hours to get to a day of foam-firing. Next summer, if this works out, I'll make this an annual thing and move it around a bit, San Angelo being first. :P

I can make it to Dallas in 4 1/2.

I'll host next time for sure.

and we have plenty, just not giant ones.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#31 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hey all, any updates?

Also, how much cover is there at the school?

SkitzoMC

Posted Image

Edited by sputnik, 03 February 2009 - 03:13 PM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#32 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

Hey all, any updates?

Also, how much cover is there at the school?

SkitzoMC

Posted Image

This picture should explain it.

There's pre-existing cover, cars can be parked in strategic locations on the parking lot, and I can bring makeshit cover if necessary.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC, 03 February 2009 - 08:37 PM.

#33 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

So is that location set in stone?
Have you made sure that we can use it?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#34 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

So is that location set in stone?
Have you made sure that we can use it?

Nothing's set in stone.

I'm about 90% certain it'll be empty and completely desolate that week. I need to check the school band's summer camp schedule, just to be sure. However, if it's empty, it should be useable. I know the Junior High has had problems, but my cousin says he's never seen any trouble at Seguin.

My biggest worry is that someone calls the cops...

I'm currently pondering a backup location.

#35 Vimes

Vimes

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

Ugh, I feel for the people who play ball on that baseball field.

You should contact the school and just touch base with them, ask them if its ok. I know it'll be in summer and school wont be in session, but its just good business. That way the whole people calling cops thing wont be as big a deal, should it happen at all.
The path of my life is strewn with cow-pats from the devil's own satanic herd!

#36 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

i live up in flower mound but i cant think of anything but if your intrested i have an idea its a park but its all the way in hiland village ill try to get the adress its perfect with a big open feild and at the top of a hill at the back edge of the feild theres a gazeebo that would be Effeminate for capture the flag or king of the hill
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#37 Vimes

Vimes

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

i live up in flower mound but i cant think of anything but if your intrested i have an idea its a park but its all the way in hiland village ill try to get the adress its perfect with a big open feild and at the top of a hill at the back edge of the feild theres a gazeebo that would be Effeminate for capture the flag or king of the hill

First person to find the punctuation wins!

Use some grammar dude...Just a heads up.
The path of my life is strewn with cow-pats from the devil's own satanic herd!

#38 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Ugh, I feel for the people who play ball on that baseball field.

You should contact the school and just touch base with them, ask them if its ok. I know it'll be in summer and school wont be in session, but its just good business. That way the whole people calling cops thing wont be as big a deal, should it happen at all.

You're probably right...

Ok, this has to be, like, the 12th darksideofnerf I've seen.

Anyway, not to sound like a mod, but read the CoC, kid. Punctuation + Grammar = Pure Smex = No suspension :)

First person to find the punctuation wins!

Use some grammar dude...Just a heads up.

That's a trick question, Vimes! ;)

#39 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Ok, this looks good. I'm not completely sure, since I can't really get a sense of proportion, but it looks pretty big for a nerf war with what, 10 people? It looks like a cool location nonetheless.

I'll ask it again: Is this going to be the Season of Foam war, or is the SOF-T5 holding that independently in Dallas?

Also, would you guys allow a pump-plugged RSCB clipped BBBB with a ton of dead space?
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#40 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

..............????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

#41 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'll ask it again: Is this going to be the Season of Foam war, or is the SOF-T5 holding that independently in Dallas?

Also, would you guys allow a pump-plugged RSCB clipped BBBB with a ton of dead space?

A SkitzoMC/sputnik hosted, SoF attended war.

I would allow it.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#42 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Ok, this looks good. I'm not completely sure, since I can't really get a sense of proportion, but it looks pretty big for a nerf war with what, 10 people? It looks like a cool location nonetheless.

I have no mod restrictions. I'd let you bring a singled Titan.

And this is the "SoF Dallas War".

BTW, I visited the campus, and it's pretty expansive. 10 people would be too few. Some proportion: That track is around a 100-yard football field. :)

..............????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Um, can we get this kid booted?

A SkitzoMC/sputnik hosted, SoF attended war.

I would allow it.

As I said.

Relating to the number of people: I count 15 people all total with at least maybe's. Of those, 10 are definite.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC, 06 February 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#43 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

Sorry just joking around. The school looks good, lot of cover.
<ktp753>ouch.

#44 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but darkside, you have to learn. 'Round here, that kinda thing ain't gonna fly. I suggest you don't do it again.

@SkitzoMC: He only has 5 posts. It was a mistake, yes, and a pretty big one at that, but he doesn't deserve to be banned for it.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#45 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but darkside, you have to learn. 'Round here, that kinda thing ain't gonna fly. I suggest you don't do it again.

@SkitzoMC: He only has 5 posts. It was a mistake, yes, and a pretty big one at that, but he doesn't deserve to be banned for it.

I meant from the thread. I don't have time to mess with people who don't read the CoC, at least as far as grammar goes. No disrespeck, me bredah!

#46 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

sorry again, those were my first posts so i didnt know any better. :ph34r:
<ktp753>ouch.

#47 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:44 AM

So any update on location?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#48 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

If this works out, I may end up bringing several friends. No way to be sure though.
But I agree, we really need to figure out a location.
Also, why aren't any other Texas Nerfers posting in this thread? Where's TriggerHappyAzn, P.C. III, Uncle Hammer, sub280, parentshatenerf, and all those other guys? We need people to attend this.

Edited by Salmon, 08 February 2009 - 04:13 PM.

#49 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Also have we decided on indoor, or outdoor.
<ktp753>ouch.

#50 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:22 PM

it's gonna be an outdoor war. Seguin is looking good, and I've got a backup location running through with some good friends who will be able to tell me whether they'll be viable.

Also, it seems we'll be playing 3/15 Deathmatch, CTF, and Bomb. KOTH seems a bit weak...

I'm on my cousin's PC right now, and it FUCKING SUCKS, so i'll get back to this later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users