At3k Faceplate

Just a little something..

8 replies to this topic

#1 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

You know how when you single an AT3k you get that huge hole in the front of the shell? Like this:
Posted Image
Well, I made a template for a plastic piece to cover that hole. The hole in the center should fit a 1/2" PVC coupler.
Posted Image
The total size of the image is 3x3 inches or 216x216 pixels at 72ppi, make sure that it is being printed out at that size.

Then, cut it out:
Posted Image

And glue it on:
Posted Image

Then you're all set for sanding/painting. Of course, where I am its freezing outside, so it may be a while before I get to that. I know this isn't much, but I think that it looks much more finished than before. I would make a 2k one also, but I don't have access to a singled one.

#2 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

Good job,
I'm liking all of the recent use of plastics in modifications/homemades. It makes for a very clean, finished look.
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#3 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

Looks good, man. You should add a bit of epoxy or bondo or something like that around the edges to bring it together before you paint it, just to smooth it out.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

You should also cut it in half before gluing so you can get your gun open again. Looks very clean, good job.

#5 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

Looks good, man. You should add a bit of epoxy or bondo or something like that around the edges to bring it together before you paint it, just to smooth it out.

Just add a liitle bondo says the guy with the bondo contaminated apartment.

On-topic:I really like it. Finally, I will not have to go around with a giant hole in my gun.

#6 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

Hooray!!! No more "naked" 3k's!!!!!
Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#7 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

On-topic:I really like it. Finally, I will not have to go around with a giant hole in my gun.

I'm not addicted or anything....*sniff sniff cough*...but seriously, most of my apartment is clean...most of it...
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#8 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, both cutting it in half and adding Bondo are good ideas. As you can see, the edges where the turret would have fit in are a little messed up on mine, due to some mistakes trying to fix the turret that I had on there but later scrapped. The whole 3k shell needs some work, gonna have to get on that when it gets warm enough to do stuff outside.

Glad to hear you got most of that bondo cleaned up.

#9 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm not addicted or anything....*sniff sniff cough*...but seriously, most of my apartment is clean...most of it...

Wait....You're not supposed to sniff it? Thats how I get most of my ideas....I feel a little left out now guys...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users