Advice For A Nerfing League

From When to What..

6 replies to this topic

#1 RVMVTVProductions

RVMVTVProductions

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

I thought that before Armageddon, or even afterward, if I should organize a league or clan for the Nerfers in my general area: that is if you call them Nerfers. I have to DartSmith and Mod for my younger brother who is only a year younger than me. As told by my signature, I am the first modder in the Mission Viejo/ Coto De Caza/ Trabuco Canyon area. The closest Nerfer registered here on the Haven (other than my friend) is up in Irvine, so I thought I should get nerfing down here. As far as I know, only two people aroung here mod Nerf guns. While we just started, I am pretty well going. My friend just finished his first paintjob and mod. Anyway, the question stands:

Should I start a NERF league developing Nerfers to mod regularly and are willing to help me host a war (after a few goes at other wars, including Armageddon)? If so, what should I start with, and when?

Suggestions are also welcome, such as whether or not I should have requirements or if I should give them all a NiteFinder to mod and test them .

Thanks,

fOrMuLa

Edit- Sorry, context errors.

Edited by RVMVTVProductions, 22 January 2009 - 01:24 AM.

SCUN's South County Representative

#2 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:53 AM

Don't over analyze things. Keep it simple. Just get some friends together and start a war. If they get interested, cool. It will evolve on it's own if you keep it up. It's up to you weather or not to "give" guns for them to mod. Depends on your pocket book and their intrest in modding and/or nerfing. Good luck with it!
Go FUCK yourself!

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:24 AM

I second washedup.

I wouldn't have too many "requirements --" those are usually the things that deter people the most.

And keep in mind you may have to do a lot of the work yourself, but that doesn't mean it won't be worth it. For example, I am one of two gun owners in my clan of 10 or so. We have awesome wars -- but gun upkeep is entirely my responsibility. Hard? Yes. Do I enjoy it? Yes.
Worth it?
Duh.

Also, the most important thing is to keep trying. I've had friends leave after getting shot from close range (heck, from across the field), I've had wars canceled, guns explode... but I've kept trying. And a few days ago had a very successful war because of it.

Of course, this isn't my story. It's yours.
So get to it.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

While still on the topic of giving away guns, I usaully only give away guns that don't have any potential to me. Like the recon or sspb.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#5 RVMVTVProductions

RVMVTVProductions

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will do probably all of this, yet i have to negatively comment on something.

"Like the Recon and the SSPB. " - Rogue Warrior

I second you on the Recon, but not on the SSPB. I have used that thing for about three NF integrations, unless your definition of 'potential' is far different than mine.

(Pulls out a Fire Extinguisher)
SCUN's South County Representative

#6 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Well, you seem to be starting out with modding ability whereas my group started out with unmodded mavericks. Over time, things will escalate and you'll probably get to the point (after attending a few wars) where your ready to host one over the NIC. Although Veggy and I attend two NIC Wars a year where we use stefans, we still have local weekly wars where we use stock darts.

However you do it, if your nerfing, it's all worth it.
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

Me and my boys started with stock mavs, too. Then I decided to open up my Longshot, and that was my first mod. It failed. Then I got to fixing it, and now it's my primary.

Me and Ben mod everything for us. He can only do standard mods, like AR removal. I do the harder stuff.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users