February Oregon War

Thought I'd throw this out there.

23 replies to this topic

#1 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:04 PM

Well, Following that fail of a war on the 10th. I will be personally hosting this war, Here are some brief notes: I have no idea where to Nerf at, or what time. So bare with me.
When: February 13th or 14th
Time:Tba
Rules:Basic Rules, I'll exempt any guns I feel aren't necessary.

Lunch: Well, I work at a Domino's so I'd probably be able to make some Pizza's. Depending on the location, We could find somewhere to eat.

Expectations: Honestly, Just be Kind. All I ask, Pretty much anyone can come.
Also If you have any suggestions/questions Pm me or Email me at mike_urie@hotmail.com

What I'm hoping: A Large turnout, Hopefully buying some guns, Maybe some on-hand modding/painting, Meeting some of you in person, And having an all-out better organized Nerf War than "him" (we will remain unnamed =p) So comment with some feed back on what I can do to fix either the war or the topic at least.
Live long, Nerf Strong!(did I just make that up?)
-Red Star

Expected to come:
Red Star +2 or 3
Rakeon

Hopefuls:
Draconis
TheBolt
Flaming Hilt

Edited by Red Star, 24 January 2009 - 02:45 PM.

Red Star's Big Rad Bow W/ Red Star Breech
The Red Star Breech

Xbox Live- IS2DI RedStar Add me if your up for some games

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

Oregon....Are you the guys with the trees directly above us, or the next up? If I was to go, it would have to be a large war, and even then I am a maybe.

#3 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

We're still working on a SUCCESSFUL war at this point. We'd love to have you, though.

Red Star, it's unlikely that I will be able to make anything on that weekend. My wife is also pushing me to include my son and nieces, so I look less like the creepy guy playing with toys. Unfortunately, my son and the younger niece are both seven years old, which doesn't really lend itself to competitive play. We'll see. But at this point, I'm most likely a "not this time".
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

My wife is also pushing me to include my son and nieces, so I look less like the creepy guy playing with toys.

That's bullshit! What are those of us without children supposed to do now?!? Either we all look creepy together, or we don't go at all, damn-it!

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

My wife is also pushing me to include my son and nieces, so I look less like the creepy guy playing with toys.

That's bullshit! What are those of us without children supposed to do now?!? Either we all look creepy together, or we don't go at all, damn-it!

Well, that's the thing. When Silentsnipe's father told him he wasn't allowed to "meet people from the internet", I realized that I was the creepy guy from the internet. It made me feel bad. Then when my wife confirmed that she thought it was creepy too... Well, at this point, I really need to prove to her (and myself a little) that nerfing can be a lot more of a family event, where I can include the NIC as well. I am going to try to set up a larger, family oriented war that I may be able to pass off as a BBQ, and invite anyone in the area to come and play too. But enough about that.

VACC, you'll just need to go find a girl. One who has a high tolerance for creepy. ;)

#6 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

I'm not sure what's more absurd, the notion of the NIC can as family friendly, or the fact that someone from the NIC is giving me love advice. What have I done with my life.....

VACC

#7 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Nonsense, Bring the kiddys along. I'll promise not to use my Red Star Bow on em' ;)
The Red Star Breech

#8 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

So, back on topic...
Red Star, you asked for some advice on hosting and making a topic.

Here's how I usually edit my first post:

- - -

Date: March 15
Time: 10-4+
Type in "Juniper Ln, St. Paul, MN 55116" to
http://maps.google.com
http://www.mapquest.com
for directions.

Rules and reminders:
- Eye protection required, no exceptions.
- Gun restrictions will be decided on a case-by-case basis pending power (pain) and realistic appearance (police). If you aren't sure if it'll get banned, A) post it, B ) don't bring it, or C) bring a backup.
- We'll have a lunch break around 12 or 1; whenever people feel like it. Bring food or moolah for the close-by fast-food restaurants.
- Use common sense.

Please state whether you are coming officially or potentially. And in the words of Ryan, "if you say you're coming officially, you'd better f**king come."
Official:

Potential:

- - -

Of course, your date, location, and rules will be different. And it's just a suggestion. But, somehow, you need to get all the relevant info out there.

As far as hosting, just make sure you pick a date and war zone a month (or two weeks at the least) beforehand, to give people enough time to work out rides, etc. It's a good idea to check the weather and location a few days beforehand to make sure you still want to do it.

For the most part it looks like you know what you're doing. The best way to know what to do is just to do it. Good luck!

- - -

On a more relevant note (I wouldn't post just to try and boss you around), I might be able to make it if I can hitch a ride from Tacoma, WA. Anyone?
As well, I can't make the weekend of the 14th. I'll be back in MN having a quite excellent V-day.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#9 Eddie

Eddie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

I would like to come. I live in Oregon and put me down as probably going. My dad might not let me meet people I met on the Internet. I was too lazy to check but I live in Portland and is that in driving distance?
Big Blast vs. Titan Titan doesn't stand a chance!

#10 TheBolt

TheBolt

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

There is a 80% chance I will arrive. Hopefully I'll pick up a few ideas by then, things just went down hill since my double reactor...WHAT THE FRAK WAS I THINKING.

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

I would like to come. I live in Oregon and put me down as probably going. My dad might not let me meet people I met on the Internet. I was too lazy to check but I live in Portland and is that in driving distance?

Well, I would assume so... He hasn't actually posted a location, though.

#12 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

I've got a couple Ideas from when I was helping out SilentSnipe before he went total Douche on us.
But Topic Will be going under some Edits so Keep a lookout!
The Red Star Breech

#13 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

Oregon....Are you the guys with the trees directly above us, or the next up?

Ever heard of a 2nd grade geography class?

I would only go if the list gets pretty high, like 15 people, otherwise, I'm not going to put my name down for anything. And for the record, it's generally better if we have adults host the wars, PWN failed because eat shit's dad wouldn't let him go. Oh, and VACC, why are you straying from Talio?

EDIT: Ironic filter win.

Edited by Foamfoot, 24 January 2009 - 04:07 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#14 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

Oregon....Are you the guys with the trees directly above us, or the next up?

Ever heard of a 2nd grade geography class?

I would only go if the list gets pretty high, like 15 people, otherwise, I'm not going to put my name down for anything. And for the record, it's generally better if we have adults host the wars, PWN failed because eat shit's dad wouldn't let him go. Oh, and VACC, why are you straying from Talio?

EDIT: Ironic filter win.

I think only talio knows the answer to that.And same here about going.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#15 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

Red, you need to pick a location, and a time. Soon, too, or it won't happen.

Here's the deal.... I would like to attend. However, my wife is pushing me to I would really like to include my son. Who is seven. He's pretty tough, is a pretty good shot, and could really use some team building exercises. If you guys would be okay having him, then I will see if I can set up our attendance.

#16 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:45 AM

I agree I do need a location, But my Grandparents are coming in from Moscow to visit for my birthday.So unless I pull a clutch play I might have to Post Pone it.
The Red Star Breech

#17 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:01 AM

Well, that's fine with me... But what about my question? Basically, I want to make sure that nobody would be picking on my kid. Papa bear syndrome and all... But I would like to go.

#18 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

You have MY word I won't, Can't vouch for the others. I remember when I used to get picked on when I was young playing Laser-tag and such. I always think it's fun being on the Kid's teams too. Always made me feel awesome when the adults made a "Secret Plan" to get them. :P Ahh, Fun times.
The Red Star Breech

#19 TheBolt

TheBolt

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:27 AM

I will not pick on the kid. Being the youngest of a few groups, I know how it is to be picked on.

#20 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

What's Papa Syndrome?
And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#21 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

What's Papa Syndrome?

Everyone was (may still be, I don't know) a little bitter that you hadn't discussed the whole war thing with your father LONG before the war was supposed to happen. You need to be more forthcoming with your parents and ask permission. By the way... Are you still in the market for a +Bow?

#22 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

What's Papa Syndrome?

Everyone was (may still be, I don't know) a little bitter that you hadn't discussed the whole war thing with your father LONG before the war was supposed to happen. You need to be more forthcoming with your parents and ask permission. By the way... Are you still in the market for a +Bow?

I AM! And I discussed this with my father! Do I win?
/end Flamer.

But seriously I'm interested In one of those bad boys.

Edited by Red Star, 01 February 2009 - 03:48 PM.

The Red Star Breech

#23 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

I AM! And I discussed this with my father! Do I win?
/end Flamer.

But seriously I'm interested In one of those bad boys.

Okee doke. I will be offering L+Ls, breeches, plunger repair discs and springs for BBBs, PAS springs & spring rests, and soon, a sidearm of my own design (I need to finish construction and sale of another +Bow first, to fund more supplies before I can finish this design).

#24 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:02 PM

What's Papa Syndrome?

I am still on the market for the plus bow, and I talked to my dad about it when I first planned the war. He just all the sudden said no, Draconis. Don't blame me.
And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users