Photo

False Threats

People who say they'll leave, but don't.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:20 PM

Well, I happened to like the X-Forums' policy of deleting someone if they say they're gonna leave. And I know of a lot of people who say they're leaving nerf, but come back. This happened to SB, Evil, Howard(I think, maybe he was joking), etc. So...perhaps this policy could be used to stop false threats. Whatever pleases the congregation.
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:33 PM

Great topic... if you want someone to get their back up.

I don't know about some people, but from what I've read, SB never left Nerf, but Nerfhaven. Get your facts straight dude. Just because people hold grudges and hold people down, and end up making them take a leave of absence, doesn't mean they are gone from the hobby they love. I mean come on dude, I see Evil post all the time... and SB simply needed some fresh air. From what I can tell, SB isn't really back... he posted once.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:49 PM

Why? I don't see any of those guys causing problems. That just seems like more work for the webmaster to do. Leave their accounts alone, they might suddenly find themselves interested in Nerf again at some point. If a problem arises with a member that says they are leaving and then at some later point returns and starts causing problems, it can be addressed then.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#4 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:23 PM

I don't think Evil ever said he was leaving Nerf, rather he was resigning from his admin duties at NHQ. He still nerfs in NJ, and puts together a lot of wars over here. But what do I know? I've only eaten lunch with him for the past two years.

Howie I hang out with quite a bit. He never left nerf, he just comes to the forums when he pleases. He still wars with us.

I would say that their account should be left alone, but then again, that could be why NHQ has 150+ members that have never posted! I thought I read somewhere on this site about a year ago that if you said you were leaving, they would delete your account. On the other hand, I'm on a lot of forums and maybe I'm just imagining things again.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#5 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 11:08 PM

Chrysophylax, why do you care if someone says they are going to leave, but don't. Isn't it better to have people stay than to encourage them to leave by deleting their accounts?
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 12:53 PM

I only delete an account when I've decided someone should leave but they are not in agreement. I don't think false threats of leaving are really a problem to anybody.

That this is necessary on some forums is (in my opinion) a sign that people take the forum way too seriously. A false threat of leaving is the online equivalent of suicide threats to get attention. Pretty pathetic.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users