Photo

Maverick Mod! Best One No Joke

6 replies to this topic

#1 idk59

idk59

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hey nerf fans. This is a maverick mod. THis mod is going to use a little bit of odd materials. A lot of people including myself dosent have CPVC or PVC or PETG so this mod is for people that dont have these items or dont know where they get these items.

Materials:
Nerf Maverick Rev -6
Fat Sharpies...not the regular kinds...you will need about 5 or 4
Duck tape or regular tape
Small flashlight if you want..optional

Step 1
Posted Image
cut the red lines...make sure you only cut up the shell...dont cut any internals...

Step2
Posted Image
after that...it should look like this...dont mind the other stuff bottom of the air flow thing,.....or above it...its for another step

Step3
Posted Image
put duck tape over the air flow thing's tip that sticks out....and eat shit part of it loike the picture

Step 4
Posted Image
Take 2 fat sharpie and take only this part...look inside and there are little tabs sticking out...you dont want the tabs because it will interfere with the dart so cut the plastic to the top of the tabs.....dont use a regular sharpie...

Step 5
Posted Image
Posted Image
it shouyld be about this long....then duck tape them together and make sure they are straight and not crooked.....then bite down on one side of the end to make an end an oval... make sure the barrel doesnt crack though....then...put the barrel over the duck tape on to the air flow thing that sticks out... it should fit nicely...but maybe a push to putthe barrel on...this should give you about 40-45 feet with stock stefans.THIS PART IS IMPORTANT some of you...when you will try to fire the dart out of the barrel, your air thing will pop out...what you need to do...is get somthing that has a screw hole and that can cover over the air flow andthe plastic part of the gun like this....I used a tech deck peice and cut up what i only needed...I made a screw hole with this sharp pointy screw thing that i had.... .. so it looks like this..
Posted Image

Step 6
Posted Image
Posted Image
some of you guys may have noticed i have other barrels below the air flow barre..they are dart holders....what you do to make them isget about 3 more fat sharpies and just keep the part that we used to make the barrels....this time..you do not need to shorten the barrel.....duck tape the barrel and just stick them into the hole...the easiest place would be where the orange thing was ...just take that whole peice out and replace the dart holder barrel is...if you wrap the duck tape a little more than it needs....itwill be better because the plastic will hold the barrel in place and it will be secure...for the other 2 bqarrels.....you ccan make 1 under the one you just made by cutting out a hole in the plastic and doing the smae....make sure it is secure.....you can make another in the bottom of the handle like an eliminateor.....just carve out a hole and do the smae thing as others....

#2 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

Creative mod, I think. Props for using the sharpie.
Not bad ranges for just minimizing it. I bet if you got your hands on some better material, it could shoot farther.
Just make sure to fix up your grammer a bit.

Welcome to the Haven!
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#3 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

Not to rain on your parade here but, all you did was single a maverick with a marker. This is generically refered to as a "crayola'd" maverick without a turret. Crayola'd means just about any marker (crayola, roseart, sharpie, etc.) used as a barrel. And what purpose did the shell mutilation serve? You could have used the top bar to stabalize your barrel.

Edited by Rogue Warrior, 19 January 2009 - 03:25 PM.

My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#4 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:24 PM

Sorry, my computer glitched.

Edited by Rogue Warrior, 19 January 2009 - 03:25 PM.

My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#5 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:10 PM

Not to be rude, but I take it you havent seen this thing yet. http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14779

Salindin

Edited by Salindin_Naz, 19 January 2009 - 05:10 PM.

#6 idk59

idk59

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

Sorry guys for the bad grammer and punctuations. I was trying to finish fast beacuse I had to do something. :lol:

#7 CyberPunkGunner

CyberPunkGunner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

Sorry guys for the bad grammer and punctuations. I was trying to finish fast beacuse I had to do something. ;)

Perhaps it is because I enjoy being able to read what you had to say, even if it is completely useless to my needs/uses, but your grammar should never suffer for the ability to get it out quicker.
You make less sense and make your modification harder to understand. Unless you are literally in a race with someone to get the post out minutes faster, then you might have an excuse, but until then get a spell checker.
Your mod was nothing new nor ground breaking. It is great to see people, especially someone as enthusiastic as you, out there modding, but you will met far more resistance if your ideas are poorly stated. Take a deep breath, take your time and you will get encouragement rather than the scorn that comes from anyone with a join date prior to 2008. Honestly, would you rather impress the children that are barely old enough to be on this forum or the adults who take the game of Nerfing seriously?

And for everyone else reading this; here is helpful hint a browser with a spell checker
You were born a winner
You were the fastest sperm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users