Pump Action Shotgun Idea

I love paint

7 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfbee94

Nerfbee94

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

Ok. So i was thinking about things earlier, and came up with an idea for a homemade pump shotgun that uses an underbarrel to hold shells. I'll post a link here.
http://i289.photobuc...Deckgraphic.jpg

Constuctive criticism would be great.

Thanks.
-Bee94

And rork, i've read this thread. I found it interesting. But i actually want to try this. I'm saving money to get my ass to home depot to buy supplies.

Edited by Nerfbee94, 18 January 2009 - 10:08 PM.

That fucking thing shoots rediculously hard.

That's the general idea.

My friends are dumb.

#2 randomnerfninja

randomnerfninja

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

that looks like it MIGHT work but it would be hard...
Nerf brings everyone together until a dart hits somebody in the eye. Then the hospital trip brings everyone together again.

Proud Oklahoman NERFer.

#3 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

That's...remarkably incomplete. Take a look at this thread, in which a number of people have been trying to do pretty much what you're talking about for well over 2 years, without success.

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7556
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

To be blunt, right now you have nothing to critique. You've outlined a vague view from 30,000 feet of what you want to accomplish, but nothing in terms of actual mechanical systems that you're going to employ to accomplish it. The shotgun thread rork linked is your best source of information, mainly because no one has achieved what you want to do. In other words, you're on your own. Jump in, and try to build something. Post your attempts, working or otherwise. We can help you if things don't work, but until then, there's not much we can do.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 Nerfbee94

Nerfbee94

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

To be blunt, right now you have nothing to critique. You've outlined a vague view from 30,000 feet of what you want to accomplish, but nothing in terms of actual mechanical systems that you're going to employ to accomplish it. The shotgun thread rork linked is your best source of information, mainly because no one has achieved what you want to do. In other words, you're on your own. Jump in, and try to build something. Post your attempts, working or otherwise. We can help you if things don't work, but until then, there's not much we can do.

I was hoping you or slug would post. Thank you. And i've worked out much mopre in my head then i posted. That was a rough outline. I've thought of the design and mechanics of this gun. I know how the extractor, ejector, chraging handle, plunger and everything else will work. Iv'e got this planned. It will take much work, and most likely a great wad of cash. But I think i'll be ok. I won't be making this alone. I'll have help form my dad. Lol, i'm only 14. But I think i'll get everything working. I have good mechanics theories and other helpful skills. I'll try to keep everyone posted as i go along. Thanks- Bee94

That's the general idea.

My friends are dumb.

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

OK, we look forward to more details. Just understand that vague Paint diagrams sort of put people’s teeth on edge around here, partly because nothing ever happens with 99% of them, and partly because they're usually too vague to be useful on their own. Application > Theory.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#7 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

As one of the people who was working in that original thread, I have one question for you:

Do you have a way to get the shells up to the firing chamber (a carrier)?

That one snag kept everyone working on the project from finishing, I think I just threw away the carcass of the gun I'd built last break because it wasn't getting finished. Though I did keep the plunger and springs, which I might be using on a similar, but much simpler, project.

#8 Nerfbee94

Nerfbee94

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

[/quote]As one of the people who was working in that original thread, I have one question for you:

Do you have a way to get the shells up to the firing chamber (a carrier)?

That one snag kept everyone working on the project from finishing, I think I just threw away the carcass of the gun I'd built last break because it wasn't getting finished. Though I did keep the plunger and springs, which I might be using on a similar, but much simpler, project.
[/quote]

The bottom chamber with the spring will hold the carrier. The ramp will let the shells go into place.

Edited by Nerfbee94, 19 January 2009 - 12:37 PM.

That's the general idea.

My friends are dumb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users