Rapid Fire Rifle Shell/2K Integrate

31 replies to this topic

#1 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:37 PM

Okay, as you can see i've put a 2K into a RfR shell. Some people may ask why. I say... Because it looks awesome, is more comfortable, and better accuracy.

Internal Picture:Posted Image

External Picture:Posted Image

Some people may also ask why I have tape holding it together.. Well the truth is I couldn't find the screws.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention. Ranges are typical singled 2K. Roughly 80-100Ft flat.

Questions? Comments? Flames?

#2 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:47 PM

Looks nice, however, I must ask.

Your hand really fits through that small gap between the handle and the pump?
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#3 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

CrazyIvan VI - I pump this specific gone like so: Posted Image

Just Some Bob - To be honest, I can give a shit about lighting. My pictures don't have to be perfect, i'm not looking for an A+ in photography class, because I'm just taking a picture for a forum.

#4 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:38 PM

Just Some Bob - To be honest, I can give a shit about lighting. My pictures don't have to be perfect, i'm not looking for an A+ in photography class, because I'm just taking a picture for a forum.

Actually, you're contributing a photo that will be archived in these forums, putting at least minimal effort into the photo is generally a good idea. Your idea is good, but it is still lacking with usefulness... you have however just given me a great idea.

Edit: Condescending post win

Edited by Foamfoot, 18 January 2009 - 06:39 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:15 PM

JSB: I think he takes pics that way so his guns' fugliness level is lower. :)

nerfonfier: That was a friendly joke, not trying to poke offense. I think you did what you set out to do well, but what you set out to do in the first place wasn't the brightest idea. Why not just keep the 2K in its original shell? It's more compact and just as effective.

Edit: Just read your post again. I guess if you find it more comfy and easier to aim, then whatever. Props on a mod you found successful for your playing style.

Edited by TantumBull, 18 January 2009 - 08:17 PM.

#6 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

I'm sorry, but thats fugly. Ergonomics should always be one of your top priorities when it comes to pump guns.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#7 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

FoamFoot - Like I said, I don't give a shit.

TantumBull - Thanks, and yes. It's more comfortable for me this way and easier to aim. ^o^

Norther_Of_Heaven - You can say what you'd like about it, but in MY opinion, this is how I like it.

Edited by NerfOnFier, 18 January 2009 - 08:49 PM.

#8 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

TantumBull - Thanks, and yes. It's more comfortable for me this way and easier to aim. ^o^

So, what did you do with your RFR internals then?
Oh.
|
|
|
V

Edited by deadshooter711, 18 January 2009 - 08:52 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#9 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

So, what did you do with your RFR internals then?

Wasn't mine, a friend did something with them, and I took the shell.

#10 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

Obviously.

Why did you feel that the faux barrels had to go?
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#11 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

FoamFoot - If you would have read the previous posts than you would have known that the RFR internals weren't mine, he took them off.

#12 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

FoamFoot - If you would have read the previous posts than you would have known that the RFR internals weren't mine, he took them off.

Technally(sp?) the faux barrel is part of the shell. I guess you acomplished what you wanted to, but I don't beleive this is unique enough to deserve it's own thread (I'm so used to BMing, I'm trying to cut back :D ).
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#13 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Rokor - One, fix up your grammar. Two, the "faux" barrel is technically not part of the shell, because it comes out as soon as you open it. Three, maybe this doesn't deserve it's own thread, but whats done is done, so get over it.

#14 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

Fuck you NoF.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#15 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Nerf on Fier you need to cool it buddy. You're getting on everyones' tail because they just want to help you. You even asked for it yourself, If I remember. Oh, and stop being the grammar police, this isn't my English final.

#16 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

The previous post was posted after I hit the reply button. Notice how they're two minutes apart?

Despite what I've said, I actually really like it. It's a great shell, and nobody has really taken advantage of it's potential.

Edit: Here's a mod by ambushbug, also using a 2k. Linky dink

Edited by Foamfoot, 19 January 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread

#17 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

Actually im working on a mod right now, still tinkering with it...I will post it once its done. Also somewhat props to you NoF its cool but not very practical, I mean a couple inches back and you could have kept the clip.

P.S- Get some damn screws...

#18 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:15 AM

If you like it, more power to you, but really. If people don't like it, they don't like it. Pretty much everyone on this Forum has a pre conceived notion that you are a pompous dick who will drop any amount of money for status, and gets upset when people don't praise him, and honestly, you are proving me right atleast.

If you like it, thats cool. Its really not a write up or anything useful at all, and all you've done is gotten pissy and people who don't like it. That coulda been done in the mod and painjob thread.

And yeah, if you want people to like your stuff, having good pictures help. I could take an amazing picture of a shitty gun, and people would like it. Simple as that. But crappy pictures display how much time you put into making something. If you aren't willing to take a good picture, you obviously weren't willing to put alot of work into something, or atleast thats the idea behind it (untrue, I just have my poopy photography moments too)
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#19 sidewayz

sidewayz

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:27 AM

Fuck you NoF.

Honestly i get it when people put comments, questions, flames etc. means that you can put your honest opinion in the thread but seriously is that shit really needed sputnik. And no this is no Bming its a serious question i don't get it.

On topic - Personally i love it, In my opinion the RfR and double shot are the to most disappointing guns ever created they looking bloody mean but suck so bad it makes me wanna cry and hit my self with it just for purchasing them.

I must say though that better photos would do wonders for the credibility of this gun.

I'm not really sure as i haven't actually seen the inside of a Rapid Fire but would it be possible to somehow hook the pump up to the handgrip. That would add some functionality to the gun, because i think having the pump out the back just spoils the gun, and it would make the RoF terrible. However a lick of paint would do wonders for the gun.

Sidewayz

#20 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

Fuck you NoF.

Can you explain to me the need for cursing me out? I can already say that this will be closed eventually do to it turning in to a bitchfest.

#21 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

Shhh, just stop.

Do you like you're new blaster?

I assume no since you posted a simple mod on the forums looking to get gratification.

If you were really proud of it, you'd be nerfing with it RIGHT NOW.

Now, stop cursing, it isn't fucking necessary and makes all of us look bad. All that has needed to been said has been said plus useless flaming.

/thread
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#22 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:06 PM

Shhh, just stop.

Do you like you're new blaster?

I assume no since you posted a simple mod on the forums looking to get gratification.

If you were really proud of it, you'd be nerfing with it RIGHT NOW.

Now, stop cursing, it isn't fucking necessary and makes all of us look bad. All that has needed to been said has been said plus useless flaming.

/thread

Actually I do nerf with it. It was late when I uploaded it. I just got back from nerfing with it.

#23 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

NO, BAD NERFER. TOPIC IS DONE:

/thread
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#24 CapnTac

CapnTac

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

Son of a gun! I was just about to do this! Nice work!

Edited by CapnTac, 19 January 2009 - 05:33 PM.

QUOTE(NerfRogue83 @ Apr 1 2009, 05:58 PM) View Post

You really need to pick what suites you best, and check your spelling.

#25 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

This mod is pretty cool.

It may not be clean but for him, it works. Just chill, back in my first modding days, I ran around with two nitefinders taped together and diagonal crayola barrel taped on. Did it look cool? No. Did it work? Yes. And thats the greatest thing about this hobby. It's not about constantly informing people that you attend wars and increasing font size for emphasis. It's about using what works and having fun with it. :lol:

chill out,
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 19 January 2009 - 05:18 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users