Minnesota Spring Break War

177 replies to this topic

#1 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

Date: March 15
Time: 10-6+ (Guns firing at 10, I'll stay past six if others do as well)
Type in "Juniper Ln, St. Paul, MN 55116" to
http://maps.google.com
http://www.mapquest.com
for directions.

Rules and reminders:
- Eye protection required, no exceptions.
- Gun restrictions will be decided on a case-by-case basis pending power (pain) and realistic appearance (police). If you aren't sure if it'll get banned, A) post it, B ) don't bring it, or C) bring a backup.
- DRESS APPROPRIATELY. It's on a hill and thus windy. It's in MN and thus cold. We'll have no clothes to lend for chills nor patience to lend for whines.
- We'll have a lunch break around 12 or 1; whenever people feel like it. Bring food or moolah for the close-by fast-food restaurants.
- Use common sense.

Please state whether you are coming officially or potentially. And in the words of Ryan, "if you say you're coming officially, you'd better f**king come."
Official:
Moi + 3-6
Carrtoon
Messiah + 1 (?)
Ryan201821
Sam + 2 (?)
Rings
Kanashimi
NerfCrazy
Random Facebook Person #1 (Hamline)
Random Facebook Person #2 (Hamline)

Potential:
Venom + 1
2nd asshole
Bullet Dragon
Goose Island
Bustaninja (Medical)
The Physics Dpt. from MHS (1-...5... who knows)

This first post will be constantly edited with relevant information, so check it often.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 11 March 2008 - 08:26 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#2 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

What about March 15? I think that is the only day I can make it.

#3 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:38 AM

I can't do it the 5th, 22nd looks the best, but either way, i'd need a ride, because niether my parents nor the buses are being cooperative...
who drives past ssp on their way?
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#4 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

The only time that won't work for me is the second weekend in April, the 12th. Otherwise I will probably be there, if I can get a ride.

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

You sure, Sam? I mean, it works, I guess, but it's kinda early... *shrug.* If it works.

Messiah, if nobody else can give you a ride, I guess I can leave a little early. I'd want to get there right at 10 though, or earlier.

Venom, I'd like more than a probably, if that's not too much to ask. : o`
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#6 2nd Sniper

2nd Sniper

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

What's the facebook link?

I'd say probably for me. Most of my guns are out of order from delayed (by school) projects or just lack of parts or need to finish them. But if (which I think I can) I finish my homemades and get all my guns in shape then I plan on being there.
"One love, one heart, lets get together and feel alright" Bob Marley (Rest in Peace)

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

It's just for the Mtka area, sorry. : o'

We'll all have plenty of guns you can borrow. No excuses there. (oP
V

#8 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:41 AM

You sure, Sam? I mean, it works, I guess, but it's kinda early... *shrug.* If it works.

Its only the weekend before the 22nd.

Also, get in contact with Carrtoon, Ryan, Carbon, and the other "Big shooters".

#9 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:15 AM

: o.
...okay.

Done, them and Bustaninja (from the MN thread). Anybody else?
V

#10 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:34 AM

Rings!

Also I'll post something about this on NHQ, I noticed there was a few MNers that are not on NH there.

#11 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

March isn't in the cards for me...I have a half-dozen gigs (Celtic band + March = Busy).

On the war subject, I mentioned to FH that I'll be getting up to central WI to scout some areas possibly in February, definitely in April, so I'll get that going as soon as I can.

I have hopes of getting to two or three wars this summer...I'm itching for it.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#12 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

March isn't in the cards for me...I have a half-dozen gigs (Celtic band + March = Busy).

On the war subject, I mentioned to FH that I'll be getting up to central WI to scout some areas possibly in February, definitely in April, so I'll get that going as soon as I can.

I have hopes of getting to two or three wars this summer...I'm itching for it.

I'm good for all of those dates...I'm pretty flexible. I just have to know in advance so I can take off work. I'm thinking about staying at a hotel either the friday before or saturday night. Driving 12 hours in one day blows.

Carbon if we do decide to make it in April or somehow you can come, I'll be down for driving you from Madison again.

#13 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

Okay, looking at the strike through list I guess we're left with early or late, and either way we lose Carbon or Sam, respectively. Anybody else feeling picky?

I PMed Rings so we'll see what he says.

Carbon, could you make it that last April weekend? Everything I just said is assuming you can...
V

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Ok, those dates sound pretty good. As I PMed to Hilt, I need to make arrangments.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#15 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

Okay, I checked with Carbon and April dates are tough for him. I hate to do this but I just removed him from the count.

It looks like we're going to settle with March 15th. I'll let that soak in for a week and if there are no objections it'll be finalized.
V

#16 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

March 15 sounds good. I have to check with anyone who could possibly take me there. But my schedule is clear. I just hope all the snow is gone and it is somewhat dry by then.

#17 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

Okay, it sounds like a lot of you are going to need rides. I can provide that. It may not be in a timely manner if I have to run around the state picking ya'll up, but at least we'll all be there.

I'd rather not have to though, so try and find another ride first. : o)

Also, again, not having guns isn't an excuse, because those of us with guns have plenty and will let you borrow some. Some.
...if you're nice to them.
I mean, you might have to pet them.
V

#18 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

I am scheduled for drill (army training) on the 15th, but i'll try to move it so I can come...
so keep me in.
also, did anyone check to see if there were any pot heads playing whilst we nerf?
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#19 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

also, did anyone check to see if there were any pot heads playing whilst we nerf?

I rarely understand what your saying.

#20 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

Well, today was productive! I talked to Carrtoon, and he's in! He also said he would talk to Janga and see if he can come.

#21 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:27 AM

I haven't been on the boards for the better part of 3 months. Boy I'm lucky I came by to check things now. I would be able to swing March 15th I'm pretty sure, along with one of my former clan members. Any possible more I will soon see, but that could just be it. Any of the other dates would likely work for me as well, minus the 22nd. I'm fairly sure I can make it to the date set now though, given none of the following happens:

1.) A project/paper should hopefully not be due that next Monday. I will prepare as best I can in advance if that's the case, but if I'm behind, I should keep my focus on school.

2.) My spring break begins on the 15th. That means my parents will be anxious to know when to pick me up to bring me back to Duluth for a few days. If for some dire reason that they need to pick me up on the 15th, I'll need to return then with them. Again, I'll do my best to steer clear of that.

3.) If my dorm core-blocks students or closes for spring break, I will be shit out of luck for being able to stick around the Cities. The closest I might be able to stay would be in St. Cloud with the friend I was planning to bring along. I don't anticipate this happening though, so that should be ok.

If one of the above situations arises and jeopardizes my attendence, I will do my absolute best to correct that. I'll make sure to check the boards a little more often now and again to see what's up. My current RSVP: Attending unless one of the big elephants above sits in my path.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#22 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 01:40 AM

So let me give a little head count:
Me
Carrtoon
Hilt +???
Ryan201821
Rings+1
2nd loser
Venom213
themessiahpsg1
BustaNinja

unknowns:
Janga+???
Elf Avec Gun

Hilt, how many are you bringing?

#23 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

...dang, that is a long list of people.

I'm excited.

Business: Rings! Awesome you checked in. Those are some interesting situations. I hope none of them happen. Best of luck. : o)

I'm not going to put people on the potentials list unless they PM me or post in the thread.

I don't have a head count yet, I'm waiting to finalize the date before letting everyone know, but I'm guessing anywhere from 5-15. Fifteen would be sweet... but, I think that might be pushing it. There are 18 people I'll be contacting though, so I think 5 is definitely reasonable.

Still waiting for objections on March 15th... if there aren't any in a week I'll finalize it.

Messiah, any word on your training?
V

#24 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

Looks like it will hopefully a good turnout.

I'm excited too.

Is it the same place as we were at this summer?

#25 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

Yep! Same place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users