Inferno Pistol

50th post celebration

6 replies to this topic

#1 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

Upon getting my new dremel for christmas I got right to work with it. This is my Inferno Pistol, the first of the inferno series. This isnot going in the modifications and paintjobs thread only because I have never seen this mod done this way. This mod is a NF crossbow with a maveric for the front part. The flat surfaces are plexiglass.

The plunger is made of a wooden dowel, which is why I am posting this here. I have seen two or three nf plungers put together, ut since mine boke I had to use a wooden dowel.

This is my first paintjob. The black is black spraypaint and the red and orange are acrylic paints. I need comments on the paintjob the most becuase this is what I need to work on the most. It's a little rough around the edges, but I think it turned out well.

http://www.brickshel...no_insignia.jpg

http://www.brickshel...erno_pistol.jpg

http://www.brickshel...tol_plunger.jpg

I used to build legos and post them on another forum, so that is why I still use Brickshelf.com.
Links were the best I could do because I don't know how to resize pics.

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

Nice, came out pretty good, didn't it?

#3 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

I belong to a Lego forum too, and, just so you know, you should NEVER post anything but Legis on Brickshelf. It's against the rules.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

I belong to a Lego forum too, and, just so you know, you should NEVER post anything but Legis on Brickshelf. It's against the rules.

But it does have the Mata Nui symbol, though a bit crudely drawn. I guess that's a loop hole.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Lego forum... knowing clan names.. Too far. I just enjoyed making shit. When did all of that come in?

Anyway, I'm curious as to how well the wooden dowel catches, and how is it weight wise compared to the original plunger? Xeo tried to make the triple nf, and holy shit was the entire project a failure. Not his fault though, the design called for some rough edges. Anyway, a good plunger rod substitute would be nice.
Teehee.

#6 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

A couple months ago I saw pictures of the dark knight movie, so I assumed it was okay to put anything on Brickshelf.

The plungers catches everytime becuase instead of just a compression spring I added an extension spring(not sure about the name) to it. I put the spring on the catch plate then put it on the screw that holds the trigger in. I'm not sure about the weight difference, but it works fine for me.

#7 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

You could use majhost.com for your non lego images, your brickshelf login info should work there as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users