Photo

Retractable Lanyards Anyone?

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

Hey guys, I was just surfing around the internet and I came across those retractable lanyards you all know and love. And for a cheap price too. I don"t know how durable they are, but hey, might as well try it. Heres the link.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

Good find, I wonder if they would be strong enough for eliminators?
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#3 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

You mean as like a holster for a side-arm?

#4 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:56 AM

Correct. I can only see this working of you attach multiple to one blaster. From my experiences these are pretty weak...
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#5 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

I don't see these being useful as holsters, but they'd be ideal for ramrod management.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:07 AM

Correct. I can only see this working of you attach multiple to one blaster. From my experiences these are pretty weak...

I tried using ones like the ones he linked to... they don't work, even eliminators are too heavy for them.

But I did succeed in using a heavier duty one designed for keys...(I just tested it recently at the last Black Knights Clan War) it actually uses a chain rather than just string... worked pretty well... still was kinda unruly. but I was nice not worrying about dropping a gun. The main housing for it started to come apart over the course of the day and I actually had to screw it back together to keep it working.

unfortunately the ACE where I got the first one from sold out of the kind I bought, and had replaced them with their own brand one that was twice the price. le sigh.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

What is it for just holding guns?
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am Rambo Fear me with all your might! ugh nnnnnoooooo I just got shot with a nerf dart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! eh..eh..help me...

#8 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

yeah, pretty much.
I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#9 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

For the record, I love Allelectronics.com . They work just like Mcmaster does for the most part, in that they buy up stocks from a ton of different companies. For the most part though, allelec only deals in overstocks, so their stuff is realllly cheap. And really random. Very reliable too, and shipping quotes before you buy standard. Yum.

Anyway, I bought like 50 of these lanyards before from this company (just tacked a couple bucks on an order, a good way to get supplies). They're really weak - far too weak for a gun like bags said. I am using them for some other mods which they suit perfectly.

If you really wanted an easy retractable thing that worked for a gun, get a tape measure and some metal cord from homedepot, and take out the numbered tape part and replace it with the cord internally. Ta da.
Teehee.

#10 Kazimir

Kazimir

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

For the record, I love Allelectronics.com . They work just like Mcmaster does for the most part, in that they buy up stocks from a ton of different companies. For the most part though, allelec only deals in overstocks, so their stuff is realllly cheap. And really random. Very reliable too, and shipping quotes before you buy standard. Yum.

They're great for motors and solenoids, but not so much for batteries or IC's.

For many years now they've maintained a pretty big store of surplus windshield-wiper motors, and those things are great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users