Photo

New Barrel Material And More!

20 replies to this topic

#1 MOD FREAK

MOD FREAK

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

I think I have found something that no one (I've seen) has done. It's a cheap barrel material, and it comes with a coupler-like fixture. It's a smencil case. My little brother's school had some, so I told him to pick me up one. Turns out the case for the smelly pencil is a clear PETG like material. They cost 1$ and I have seen them everywhere now. It's some sort of fundraiser thing. Here's a picture of one:
Posted Image
The coupler-like fixture is actually the cap.
Posted Image
I dremmeled out the top of the cap so the air could get through into the case (barrel).
Posted Image
I now epoxied the cap to my desired place.
Posted Image
Now when you want to load your dart you just un-cap the case
Posted Image
It works very well, since it's air-tight, and only a buck! And it fits stefans PERFECTLY (mine at least). Mine stefans are made of ACE Hardware's grey caulk saver. Here's the final product:
Posted Image
And by the way, I epoxied it to my BBB .
Here are some more pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I hope you found this useful. I don't know if it would go in the modification directory.

-[~Mod_Freak~]-

Edit: Huge pics? Anyone know a solution?

Edited by MOD_FREAK, 12 January 2009 - 07:56 AM.

QUOTE(Boss18 @ Mar 27 2009, 02:51 PM) View Post

You stabbed your ding dong with an X-acto knife?

#2 Ner Commando

Ner Commando

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

That's pretty unique,but does the dart fit in the smencils case? Also smencils, as far as i know are hard to come by and pvc is much easier.

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Nice find. I have never seen smencils before, but the barrel material looks cool. That is a good first post, the only thing I would suggest is to put the pics on the page, using the pic button on top of the writing window when you post. That would save the reader the trouble of having to click on the link.
Welcome to the Haven.
Oh does my font look wierd, nerfhaven for some reason came up looking wierd after I watched something on youtube.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 jake44

jake44

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:05 PM

Oh does my font look wierd, nerfhaven for some reason came up looking wierd after I watched something on youtube.

Not at all.
(The infinite Shindig)
And For the record, my butt looks incredible in spandex. wink.gif

#5 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Gourmet... pencils.... WTF?!?!?!?

Otherwise interesting find, not quite as cheap though as most PETG, and is probably lacking in quality

Edited by chefdave, 11 January 2009 - 06:11 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#6 MOD FREAK

MOD FREAK

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

What is the usable length of these things as barrels?
Looks better than Crayola/RoseArt, but certainly not like a foot long.
If you dig around, there are places willing to sell a case of 500 for about $250.

No, MSFDS, your posts appear as always. Must be a setting in your browser. Possibly just font size. Try turning the mouse scroll wheel while holding the CTRL key.

They are about 9-10 inches long. And for 1$ it is cheaper than CPVC, because you have to ablity have a coupler-like system all for $1. Plus since my little brother likes them, I can sell the pencil to him for 50 cents. 50 cents is VERY cheap.

#7 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

Gourmet... pencils.... WTF?!?!?!?

Otherwise interesting find, not quite as cheap though as most PETG, and is probably lacking in quality

Actually I have seen these and they are not low quality at all infact they are much thicker and stronger than petg.

#8 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

What is the usable length of these things as barrels?
Looks better than Crayola/RoseArt, but certainly not like a foot long.
If you dig around, there are places willing to sell a case of 500 for about $250.

No, MSFDS, your posts appear as always. Must be a setting in your browser. Possibly just font size. Try turning the mouse scroll wheel while holding the CTRL key.

They are about 9-10 inches long. And for 1$ it is cheaper than CPVC, because you have to ablity have a coupler-like system all for $1. Plus since my little brother likes them, I can sell the pencil to him for 50 cents. 50 cents is VERY cheap.

Cpvc for me is like 1.49 for 10 feet.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#9 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

50 cents is VERY cheap.

50 cent lot of money! You save 50 cents here, then maybe you go somewhere else you save another 50 cents, then you have 1 dowla! Then you take your dowla, go to the dowla store, you buy something else!

That makes sense though. 50 cents for readily available PETG, and 50 cents for the pencil.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#10 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

congrats. youve come across petg being used for what it was intended. as a packaging material. ill stick with omc since i have no need for a pile of smelly pencls.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#11 MOD FREAK

MOD FREAK

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

And when your stefan hits someone they smell like the flavor of your choice!!!!

#12 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

And when your stefan hits someone they smell like the flavor of your choice!!!!

Yes! Mark your territory with the aroma of watermelon!
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#13 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

Just as a side note, snorting smencil shavings will cause a slight euphoria and a moderate amount of disorientation. In simple terms, you can get high off of this stuff.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#14 MOD FREAK

MOD FREAK

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Just as a side note, snorting smencil shavings will cause a slight euphoria and a moderate amount of disorientation. In simple terms, you can get high off of this stuff.

As weird as that is a kid at my school bought a bunch just to do that.

EDIT: Fixed pics, but theyre too big.

Edited by MOD_FREAK, 11 January 2009 - 09:58 PM.

#15 amidamaren

amidamaren

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Stick some of those shavings in a stefan then shoot it at someone, and you got a dead high guy.

Jokes aside, can you post a picture of this on a gun?
Thanks.

#16 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:16 AM

50 cent lot of money! You save 50 cents here, then maybe you go somewhere else you save another 50 cents, then you have 1 dowla! Then you take your dowla, go to the dowla store, you buy something else!

Nice russel peters reference...

ANyway, I wouldn't pay 50cents for this. Not worth it when you get a foot from OMC for the same price, and you don't have a stinky pencil you have to deal with...
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#17 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

I think part of the point of this is that it comes with its own coupler system, as he pointed out in his mod. Yes, you can get OMC's PETG and it would serve the same purpose, but these work as well, and you don't even need to buy something extra to make your gun couplered. I know if I happen to see any of these things flying around, I'll probably snag a few just to give it a try. Thanks for the info MOD_FREAK.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#18 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

Hey thanks man, I have a bunch of them at my house and I had no idea that they were good for barrels. Dude ur a genius!
I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#19 MOD FREAK

MOD FREAK

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

Yeah. No problem guys. I knew this had some good in it.

Edited by MOD_FREAK, 12 January 2009 - 10:30 PM.

#20 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

A 3 day old topic but...I was finally able to get a hold of this stuff and it does not work.
My darts, and even stock darts are WAY too tight to fit inside the "smencils" casing and when I cut a piece of it off to use on my turret it fractured like glass and had sharp edges.
After e-taping that portion to my pistolsplat and firing a stefan, it didn't even go 20 feet...
EDIT:
You're probably using 3/8's foam or something because stock darts won't fit unless you twist them in and my stefans (from Lowe's) don't fit at all.

Edited by Watari, 15 January 2009 - 08:37 PM.

#21 sonnysonny

sonnysonny

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

goddammit! you beat me to it! i was going to say it was a gel pen dispenser tube thing though.
This is a signature. Cool aint it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users