Photo

Nerf Longshot Front Gun Help

3 replies to this topic

#1 JAX

JAX

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

Tomorrow I will be attempting to mod my Longshot with a front gun integration. (All credits go to Dart Attack). I seem to be having a problem with the front gun. When I cock the gun it takes 4-5 times (pumping it) for it to stay primed. Personally I think its either the spring or the catch. Please I need some help!!

#2 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

Open it up. Figure it out.

If you still can't fix it, post pictures of the internals.

Edited by ace of nerf, 10 January 2009 - 11:30 PM.

Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#3 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

Have you already opened it up, did you put all the parts back correctly, or for that matter were you given all the correct parts? I've opened up multiple versions of the same blaster and many times I've found...inconsistencies, mostly in the screws. More precisely, in the sizes or the inclusion of them at all.
Did you replace the propellant spring? Is it too big? I've also found that the front gun's spring can be difficult to replace. If you do manage to find one that fits, or one to be nested, it can tend to break the little nub one the plunger that that gets caught by the...catch. This needs to be reinforced.
And if you didn't open it up, it could just be broken. I've gotten a defective gun once or twice too. And if you can't return it, I'd have to agree with ace of Nerf.

Salindin

Edited by Salindin_Naz, 11 January 2009 - 01:49 PM.

#4 Dude13

Dude13

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Check that the little nubs on the plunger tube are lined up properly with the catch. I've had the same problem before with my longshot front gun and it only took a few seconds to fix (not including unscrewing the 7 or so screws holding the gun together ;) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users