Photo

Springs Help

8 replies to this topic

#1 JAX

JAX

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hello everyone, last week I went to Home Depot. I live in Canada, so when I got there I looked for industrial springs in the aisles and I could not find any. Any Help?

Much appreciated.

#2 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

I haven't found any springs either so don't worry about, I have checked:
-lowes
-Canadian Tire
-Home depot
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#3 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

Try a hardware store (I'm not sure if they have ACE hardware stores in Canada), but any hardware store should have springs.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#4 Nuuk

Nuuk

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

I live in Canada and have had no such luck with springs. I found a couple of weak springs at Canadian Tire, but that's it.
Home Depot: none
Rona: none
Home Hardware: none

#5 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

The only place I've been to that had springs was called the TSC. It's some Country Hardware Superstore, but it had some nice replacement springs for an NF or a Mav.

Haven't found many other places, but you might want to try and sniff out a Fixco.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#6 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:52 PM

If you don't mind ordering off the internet, Mcmaster is a great place for springs. Type "springs" in the search box and you can find the exact dimensions you want.
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#7 that1dude

that1dude

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

I've only found one suitable spring from Home Depot, found it in the gate/fencing department. Came in a pack of 4, two long two short. Forgot the exact dimentions though. Next time, I'll take a look.

#8 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:58 AM

(I'm not sure if they have ACE hardware stores in Canada)

No we do not

Mcmaster is a great place for springs

I'm not sure, but I don't think they ship to Canada

BUT YOU CAN FIND SPRINGS in automatic screen door closing thingies.
You know the one that makes the screen door whack you in the face, only if your cousin doesn't hold the door for you. (don't worry, I shot him pointblank with a plugged BBBB)

But those springs are killer, as in too killer and your nitefinder goes KA-BLAMO!!!
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#9 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Mcmaster does not ship into Canada.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users