And a Trailer too!!!!!!

39 replies to this topic

#26 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

You guys HAVE to stop up north, I would enjoy it, to be able to nerf with you guys. I can give you guys a place to sleep too, if you need it (foldable camper-trailer, room for 5 people comfortably.)

Read Bags' first post about location suggestions, and EMAIL me about it.

But no, we won't need housing from your area; we're already scheduled to stay with my Girlfriend up there in Vacaville.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#27 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

Incredible video, despite the slight monotone, you captured the hobby in it's truest form.

Please note that that is a VERY slight monotone.

Edited by Foamfoot, 10 January 2009 - 01:45 AM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#28 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

Great video! Really makes me excited about the whole project.

I did a short documentary for a film class I took and it was extremely work intensive, so I wish you guys luck with the massive logistical clusterfuck that shooting a documentary while traveling across the country could be. Judging by the trailer, you'll put together a pretty awesome video.

rock on.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#29 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:02 AM

You guys HAVE to stop up north, I would enjoy it, to be able to nerf with you guys. I can give you guys a place to sleep too, if you need it (foldable camper-trailer, room for 5 people comfortably.)

Read Bags' first post about location suggestions, and EMAIL me about it.

But no, we won't need housing from your area; we're already scheduled to stay with my Girlfriend up there in Vacaville.

I did e-mai you guys.....I meant to tell you that I was e-mailing you....I am so juiced!

#30 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:57 AM

[\Joke/] Hey, I can see it now: Groove silently stalking through the trees behind the picnic table... pulls his crossbow to eye level. He prepares to take the first shot on the guy getting a bottle of water from the cooler. As he prepares to pull the trigger, the guy farts, making Groove fall over, laughing hysterically. The startled teens run for the hills... sorry groove, not today. Maybe in a couple of months though, eh?[\End joke/]

You guys truly are living the dream of the not so average american citizen: shooting kids from all over America with foam.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#31 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:37 AM

That's nicely edited, I could never get the static out of voice recording. Or maybe my mic sucks. That could make it on the Discovery Channel Wreckreation Nation, and it'll be awesome.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#32 Shifter1254

Shifter1254

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Sounds awesome and looks like i will be A LOT OF FUN cant wait till summer baby! to start

The Season of Foam!

Edited by Shifter1254, 10 January 2009 - 11:53 AM.

#33 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Interesting, but this trailer is not really aimed at the nerf community as much as it is to drum up interest from the uninitiated...or at least that's how it seems to me. I'll be more interested as the project progresses closer to the actual wars. Good luck guys, and let me know what I can do to accommodate your mission. Plastic cracks and foam biodegrades, but glory lasts forever.

#34 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Interesting, but this trailer is not really aimed at the nerf community as much as it is to drum up interest from the uninitiated...or at least that's how it seems to me. I'll be more interested as the project progresses closer to the actual wars. Good luck guys, and let me know what I can do to accommodate your mission. Plastic cracks and foam biodegrades, but glory lasts forever.

You pretty much Hit it on the nose VACC, this initial trailer really isn't aimed at Nerfers, it's hopefully help us draw support from outside the community. It also Technically could be called a "pitch reel" because it kinda serves as a proof of concept to what we want to do with the whole film. Well, that and pay a very strong tribute to "The Endless Summer" as can be seen from the Narration and Music style we used in this.

Future Pre-Trip SOF vids (which we already have a few in the works) are going to be more directly aimed at the NIC, and they should be more like what you expect from people as wacky as the SOF-T 5. And the final film will be more varied in style as well.

Edited by baghead, 10 January 2009 - 02:05 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#35 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

This is just all kinds of awesome. I can't wait to see this unfold!
I like my women like I like my coffee...
Ground up and in the freezer.

#36 infidel

infidel

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

One thing I think you guys should do is film your trip going to each one of these wars as well as the wars. What I mean is like going from one war to another and filming every once in a while. It can be like a documentary.

infidel
"yeah, we suck in close combat. its a shame you'll never get there."

"you CAN have your cake and eat it too"

"school is a microcosm of society"-elmo

"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow because delay may give clearer light as to what is best to be done."
Aaron Burr

#37 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

One thing I think you guys should do is film your trip going to each one of these wars as well as the wars. What I mean is like going from one war to another and filming every once in a while. It can be like a documentary.

infidel

It IS a documentary, you big silly goose.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#38 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

:D YEAH YOO-HOO! That was awesome the best nerf video I have ever seen! Bravo Bravo!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am Rambo Fear me with all your might! ugh nnnnnoooooo I just got shot with a nerf dart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! eh..eh..help me...

#39 cheese killer

cheese killer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

This is just the start of a great Nerf Legacy. In 2 years you can have season of foam 2: plastic cracks and foam biodegrades- but glory lasts forever. After this one you'll probably see more people.

rock on!
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature
~Lolcats: A Metaphor for Hope~

#40 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

This is just all kinds of awesome. I can't wait to see this unfold!

Holy crap! The Great Stefan returns. :o
(my apologies to Baghead for going off topic)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users