I guess you can just call it the GNBK

13 replies to this topic

#1 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

At WCNO, K9Turret asked me if I ever did any sort of original modification, and that got me thinking, almost alll my blasters have been modified to what I want them, most of them have been given write-ups a few weeks/months after I do them. That means that they aren't as original as I thought, but that ends here.

A few days ago I got a PM from Applefurry asking me to co-host a Nerf war (that's right, anther Ontario Nerf war, the youngings are taking over!), since I am not allowed to release any information untill we get enough of it oursleves, I'll just say that the venue we were planning on using requried a small gun *cough*CQC*cough*. So I set out to mod a blaster that had a lot of accurate shots, controlled shot speed and easy reloading capabilities... that had to fit in a small shell. First think that came to my mind was a Nitefinder, but that was only one shot... so I though about two Nitefinders, but that's only two shot.. then I thought about thrre Nitefinder, but that's just fucking ridiculous. After ling in my bed for atleast two hours I got up and gathered a few things. I call it the Ghetto Nikon Brawler Kid's Gun That Is The Best Gun Ever, but for short, Just Ghetto Nikon Brawler Kid (inside joke). Enough explaning, now I'm just rambling, so here is what I came up with.

Posted Image

It's a Manta modded Nitefinder (CrappyTire special, 2 NFs for $8.98) with an integrated 3K and RSCB setup. It's almost what I wanted, but that's still not enough. I plan on adding this...

Posted Image

You may be able to see in the first picture-I already have one Hornet tank in the extra space where the light used to be. When I tried to slap it on, everything fit well, but I was really leaky (I'll talk to you, Angel, at Massacre).

I started gathering pictures of the process for a writeup, but I just figured everything you need to know is in the completed picture.

Me holding it...

Posted Image

Close up of the AT3K trigger-ish thing...

Posted Image

Where I originally cut. I ended up cuttiing about a MM under the screw port...

Posted Image

And before I slashed it away...

Posted Image

I'll be sure to add some more pictures when I get those extra tanks added.

P.S. I probably won't end up doing anything cosmetic. I kinda like the look of an organized, sloppy blaster.
P.S.2. I will also fit an L.E.D light in the upper open port where the crappy light used to be. I play a lot of night/dark games so it will be a lot of help.

EDIT: Sorry for large pictures, I'm not so used to all this pic stuff yet, but I'll get it soon. And in the first picture, the NF barrel looks crooked, it's not, but the pump handle is, I'm fixing that right now.

Edited by rokor, 08 January 2009 - 08:46 PM.

"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#2 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

That is ugly and fantastic. I'm inspired.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#3 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

What? No... I mean, yes, no... Maybe... What? Whats the point behind this? Just originality? Packing the most firepower on a sidearm? Scaring me? Well, then you succeded. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of unusable firepower, as long as it looks good, which it does... but, what?
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#4 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

Can you even open it again if you needed to fix anything? That thing looks crazy good. So far you have 4 shots and plan on adding 2 more on just a small gun? That's amazing. It's surprising how much firepower you can add on something so small. Now all you need to do is add a shield on it and you got something special. How many pumps does it take?

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#5 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

At WCNO, K9Turret asked me

I am some form of inspiration!!!
But really, FrankenMod now has a brother in arms...

But you spelled my name wrong
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#6 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

Thanks guys. And I always knew it was Turrent, but when posting this, I guess my mind was more on seeing people reactions than anything else.

As for opening the gun for repairs, it can be easily done, but I didn't really do anything that can harm them too much, and I reinforced everything that I possibly could.

It takes about a pump and a half to achieve comfortable ranges(mid 70s, but with a 6 shot RSCB, thats perfectly fine).
Talio in Shoutbox.

#7 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

My goodness. You make my stuff look sane! I need to get working... :P
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#8 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

"What the HELL, man."
-Hoop

Edited by Norther_of_Heaven, 08 January 2009 - 10:35 PM.

"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#9 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

Difficult to say, difficult to describe, and difficult to avoid.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#10 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

Difficult to say, difficult to describe, and difficult to avoid.

Thanks... I guess. I never really could understand you...
Talio in Shoutbox.

#11 Anthrax13

Anthrax13

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

4 fucking barrels on one sidearm?!! that is pretty kickass. does the cut off part on the back of the handles dig into your hand when you hold it though? it looks like it would be pretty uncomfortable.
Did you lube it?

...If you forgot to...well, that's your problem.

^^atomatron

#12 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

4 fucking barrels on one sidearm?!! that is pretty kickass. does the cut off part on the back of the handles dig into your hand when you hold it though? it looks like it would be pretty uncomfortable.

Yes, but that's the only draw back. When I was cutting the handles, the plastic was cracking and snapping of so that would be the only angle I could cut it without the handle totally snapping off. I plan on using foam pipe insulation to cushion the handle and just wrap E-tape or something simlar to keep it on, and increase the ghetto factor. :)
Talio in Shoutbox.

#13 Gearmonkey

Gearmonkey

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:32 PM

Holy shit in an ice cream cone Batman! That is the strangest assortment of parts I have ever seen. I fucking love it. What sort of ranges are you pulling with 2-3 pumps? That monstrosity isn't a side-arm anymore, its a primary. Again, props.
I need a loser rifle not a loser rifle, what the hell did i type loser

#14 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well I finished the rest of the barrels and now Im doing some more mods/reinforcements to the NFs.

I range tested about a half hour ago and these are the following results...

Top NF-58'
BottomNF-29'(nothing but coupler added, I am currently adding a second O-Ring+new spring)
AT3K-65'
Hornet Tank 1.-57'
Hornet Tank 2.-52'
Hornet Tank 3.-54'

I hooked up the Hornet tanks and the AT3K tank to the same pump VIA a T-tubing coupler. I measured these ranges in -10C with a 100' spool measure thingy, and at 5.5 pumps to fill every tank.
Talio in Shoutbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users