Photo

Hvz Survival

For playing HvZ at one day wars indoors.

12 replies to this topic

#1 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:14 PM

Basic description of the type we use: Everyone sets up and gears up in the gym of the church. When all are ready the (to use the Halo term) Alpha Zombie sets a timer for 2 minutes. When the timer is set the Humans leave and Either become A: Nomads wandering the premesis to stay alive or B:Forters. The Nomads are generally more effective, though with enough people the Forters can be very effective. The Nomads and Forters (if forced to evacuate) Have free reign of the grounds to the baseball diamond and 30 feet from the road (for safety issues). The Alpha has free reign as well. When shot 2 times by the zombie you as a human turn. When a human shoots the zombie the zombie is down for 15 seconds, in which the humans can defend themselves against another assault or become Nomads.

Tips fo Nomads: Tip 1: Always have someone who is a good shot with a long range gun such as heavily modded nite finder or a low-modded BBB.

Tip 2: Have a guy with an auto such as a Magstrike or a gun with a good rate of fire for close range encounters.

Tip 3: Make sure to have plenty of ammo at hand. Be prepared to bunker down for a fire fight.

Tip 4: Have a guy with some mavericks (I know they suck but I became one of the last 2 survivors on a regular basis with them. And reload them every chance you get. And at that close of range I think they kick butt.)

Tip 5: Have some sort of light either on your gun or somewhere similiar. I use an ear light with a white LED and a green LED that attaches like a bluetooth earpiece.
________________________________________________________________________________

Tips for Forters: Tip 1: If you choose to hold a foyer or other open area with 2 or more entrances, have at LEAST 1 Human guard each entrance against a Zombie attack.

Tip 2: Have a person with a long-range gun at the ready.

Tip 3: Make sure to have a last-stand guy willing to have to take one for the Humans survival. Have that person with a good sidearm and a decent but not too great primary, so if they do turn they aren't much of a threat.

Tip 4: Have a Vulcan at hand (if you don't have one use an RF20 or a Magstrike). These work wonders as defense for a main entrance point.

Tip 5: I f you choose to defend large room such as the gym or eating hall (in a large building of course) with one entrance, block it with a few chairs and small but durable items. This is so that you knoe if the zombie tries to break in.

Tip 6: Have a sentry for keeping watch or for running ahead to see if there is zombie interference in your path to safety (which is non-existent in this type of game).

Zombie tips: Wear light but durable shoes. And pad the bottoms so the Humans don't hear you coming.

Tip 2: Use back ways and others paths they wouldn't expect, so they further don't realize you are coming to eat their brains.

Tip 3: carry roughly 20 extra darts, that way you have plenty if you need them and then your pockets/ammo holders aren't overly stuffed after the Humans shoot at you.

Tip 4: Have plenty of hidey-holes if you wish to ambush the puny Humans.

That is all I have to offer at the moment, except that you HAVE to make sure you have plenty of water so you don't get dehydrated.

Feel free to add any compliments, comments, flames, or concerns.

P.S. If you would like to suggest something I have forgotten I will gladly add it in..

Added tips: Tip 1 from eddieoctane: Tip: When moving around, try to have at least 1 gun pointed in each direction. Getting a group wiped out walking from location to location sucks all the fun out of the game. Cover your a**.

Edited by death by cheez, 10 January 2009 - 05:36 PM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#2 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

I do the same thing in an unused office building, except that all Humans are Nomads and the Zombie carries no weapons. That, and all lights are turned off, which makes the many cubicles, stairways, and rooms scary as hell. It usually comes down to a huge group wandering around the building, huddling behind the guy with the only flashlight, only to be ambushed by the zombie in the room that several people swore they had checked. Then of course it always comes down to the lone few survivors against a wave of zombies, none with a flashlight, which is possibly one of the most tense experiences I've ever gone through, haha.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#3 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

I have had something along those lines happen. My friend and I were hiding in the parking lot when the roaming Zombies spotted our feet. It really sucked because they surrounded us in a circle then pulled a firing squad on us. Only time the mavericks have ever failed me.

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

I have had something along those lines happen. My friend and I were hiding in the parking lot when the roaming Zombies spotted our feet. It really sucked because they surrounded us in a circle then pulled a firing squad on us. Only time the mavericks have ever failed me.

You need to learn to layout 6 shots in 6 seconds, a la Ocelot.
That happened to me, but I was faced with a Singled RC2 Shotty, a Wildffire, a Recon and a Big Salvo. All I had was my trusty manta Nitefinder. I lost.

Another funny thing that happened during HvZ was that my friend was using a sword, and I had a Hornet. He blocked the 6 shot burst with a swing, then he rolled and "Tapped" me.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Well it is kinda hard to prime 2 mavericks when dodging bullets from 5 guys with recons at close range. We don't allow swords because one of my friends would try breaking our arms with them. He has severe anger problems and has to have everything to the point where he wins.

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

We did something like this at MNCSO, accept it was outdoors and it was basically regular VIP, but the Zombies had to tag people.

I really really really want to play this game type now. Somewhere at night though. Can't wait till summer so I can find a free building to do this in. Maybe my church.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

The second it gets dark enough to be even slightly creepy we prepare. We have only ever played this in the daytime once, and it sucked. But believe me, it is freaky as hell at night when you see a figure coming down a long hall.

#8 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

Well it is kinda hard to prime 2 mavericks when dodging bullets from 5 guys with recons at close range. We don't allow swords because one of my friends would try breaking our arms with them. He has severe anger problems and has to have everything to the point where he wins.

2 Mavs? Maybe you can try that lanyard primer that (I forgot who) made.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#9 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

2 Mavs? Maybe you can try that lanyard primer that (I forgot who) made.

I did, it hurt my shoulders to the point it hurt to wear a t-shirt.

#10 Arconious

Arconious

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

Drop one or put it under your armpit and fire with the other one. You probably won't win that firefight, but you might take a few of them out.

#11 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

Zombies can't use guns, I don't care what Romero says. Zombies should have to tag you by hand.

Tip: When moving around, thy to have at least 1 gun pointed in each direction. Getting a group wiped out walking from location to location sucks all the fun out of the game. Cover your ass.
C8H18

#12 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

There are 3 areas I can think of in our church where we do that eddie. We usually have the expendable guys get up by the walls then pop out to clear the area. Works surprisingly well, too. And our indoor area is large enough in almost every direction that a highly modded NF is the best gun in use almost every time.

#13 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Wow this sounds like lots of fun. And CROW's war sounds fun too, we might just have to organize the first Off Topic war!
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users