Hand Cannon

It's a bit of a beast

21 replies to this topic

#1 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

This is my Titan Maverick integration. This combination has been done before, as I discovered while looking through the modification directory this morning, but mine is quite different (and probably easier) then the one listed there.

Materials:

1x Titan
1X Maverick
Silicone sealant
A couple of tubes of epoxy putty
An inch or 2 off a metal hanger
Whatever tools you have around, I don't have a dermal but I'm sure the cutting would go much easier with one.

The first thing I did was to get the Titan firing mechanism out of the Titan shell. I would have kept the gauge for looks but it was leaking air, so I chopped off that tube and then most of the nozzle as well. I've read that you can use hot glue to seal the hole left over, but I used silicone sealant instead, and then put some epoxy putty over that later on. Do the same thing with the Hornet tube nozzle, making sure to keep the Hornet tube as long as possible.

Now cut the short tube between the pump and the tank, and then unscrew the plastic nuts helping to hold the tube down. Take a pliers and pull off the rest of the plastic on the nozzles. You could got to the hardware store and buy some new tubing for the next step, but if you left your Hornet tube long enough it works perfectly. Just push it tightly onto each nozzle and screw the nuts back down, it should be airtight without any extra sealant, and look like this...

Posted Image

Now onto the Maverick

Posted Image

Take out everything except for the spring that holds the trigger back. Then cut it like in the picture. I chopped a bit more then necessary off the front because I wanted it to be easy to remove the Titan barrel. A lot of this step will be trial and error. If you're wondering why there is an awkward looking rectangle where the button used to be it's because that's where the pump tube will exit the Maverick shell, and it looks just fine once everything is back together.

Posted Image

Unfortunately I don't have a close up of just the trigger. Its just a piece of metal hanger looped through the hole on top of the Maverick trigger, and then epoxy puttied to the Titan valve pull. I had to go through and trim down the putty after it dried but it's holding up just fine.

As you can see in the picture above I puttied the tank to the top of the Maverick, and the pump to the bottom.

Posted Image

Here's what it looks like from the outside. I cut a tiny bit off the rim on the back of the pump so it was flat, and as of right now it'd only puttied to one side of the shell. Its quite strong already, but once I get to the store to buy more putty I'll be doing the other side as well. I won't be able to open it up after that, but the trigger seems to be holding up well enough so far.

With the barrel I knew that I wanted to do a scatter shot, and be able to fire the Titan missile as well. There's plenty of write-up's about this, I just used 3 rose art markers and some fbr with hot-glue and silicone sealant in the stock barrel. I also drilled out the air restrictor from the tank. You could use whatever barrel you want to though.

Ranges were taken outside in Minnesota, using my 48 foot long house as a guide. I haven't plugged the OP valve yet, and it only takes around 10 or 11 pumps to start kicking in. I don't want to plug it until I finish reinforcing so that I don't break the putty.
The Titan missile went about 55 feet, and the scatter shot (using stock buzzbee darts) varied between 45 and 50 feet.

Posted Image

And there's the finished product. Aside from more putty I might be putting a handle on the pump. A paint job might have to wait until summer, there isn't much room inside here. Hope you guys enjoyed it!
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#2 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Though it's been done before, it's still a beast. I would love to see someone get pwn'd with that thing in a war. In all nice mod.

#3 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Holy pumpkin! nice gun! :P

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#4 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

I love the idea of shooting that giant missile from a pistol. Awesome job.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#5 Steveep

Steveep

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

Have you considered making an insert for, say, mega dart ammo? a 150' shot from a pistol.......??? Serious knockdown power at a range, while still small and portable....??? I like the thought...!!! On the other hand, that missile is plenty intimidating, and probably usable in real nerf wars. Either way, Awesome!
I used to like nerf.
Then I got a Girlfriend.

Now I LOVE Nerf!

#6 boom

boom

• Banned
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:30 AM

Have you considered making an insert for, say, mega dart ammo? a 150' shot from a pistol.......??? Serious knockdown power at a range, while still small and portable....??? I like the thought...!!! On the other hand, that missile is plenty intimidating, and probably usable in real nerf wars. Either way, Awesome!

I would definitly lov to see people with these at a war. Manly cause everyone would pwn the people with darts from a distance.

Mainly what I'm getting at is no they would not be war practicle.
I'm just the scitzophrenic clusterfuck of randomness that is me.

#7 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:53 AM

I would definitly lov to see people with these at a war. Manly cause everyone would pwn the people with darts from a distance.

Mainly what I'm getting at is no they would not be war practicle.

I highly doubt the missile will be war practical, its just my favorite Nerf ammo and a lot of fun to shoot. I am going to try the scatter shot out at Minnesnowta though, and other barrels are a possibility. I do like the singled mega idea, although I imagine it would be banned the same as a singled micro.

#8 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

I highly doubt the missile will be war practical, its just my favorite Nerf ammo and a lot of fun to shoot. I am going to try the scatter shot out at Minnesnowta though, and other barrels are a possibility. I do like the singled mega idea, although I imagine it would be banned the same as a singled micro.

I used a missile shooting titan at the last war, though it was a joke. I was the last person on my team and I was up against like 4 guys, so I grabbed my minimized, pump replaced titan with a loaded missile and took off from there. Also, about singled titans, I've never really had problems with them being to powerful at MN wars. Big Blasts usually cause all the problems actually. If you want to use it, bring it and we'll check it out.

#9 Ballard

Ballard

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

I live in Minnesota too! On Topic- I love the idea of having a beastly air-powered gun put into a pistol form. Great job!

#10 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

I live in Minnesota too! On Topic- I love the idea of having a beastly air-powered gun put into a pistol form. Great job!

Then comes to the Minneswonta war. We need more people.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#11 canadiannerf

canadiannerf

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

the would actually be good fo nocking weak cover
Plus, the regular cocking slide (Can't sig me now bitches! ) is much faster.

Muker

92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature.

#12 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

I would suggest this, Canadiannerf: Clean up your god damn posts if you plan on staying. Also so this was not a waste of a post I think that the gun is pretty clever, now all you need is a shotgun attachment and you would really have a hand cannon.

#13 Bambampker

Bambampker

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

This is BEASTLY! I love it! :)
QUOTE(duel @ Dec 28 2008, 09:35 PM) View Post

what is pm

#14 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Holy Rocket Pistol, Batman!

Wow. I always thought the Maverick was a magnum of magnums, but damn... I never thought of replacing its turret with a rocket launcher... Just goes to show how resourceful Nerfhaven people are.

On a slightly related note, I'm working on repurposing the aperature sight included with the Recon to be a grenade launcher (Any of the green ball guns attached to it) or bayonet (Ok, plastic knife. It's not real. As much as I would love to... :lol:) attachment. If it works out, I'll post that.

(I'm new here. If I seem out-of-place, it's because I am. :) Don't kill me, please.)
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#15 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Wow. I always thought the Maverick was a magnum of magnums, but damn... I never thought of replacing its turret with a rocket launcher... Just goes to show how resourceful Nerfhaven people are.

On a slightly related note, I'm working on repurposing the aperature sight included with the Recon to be a grenade launcher (Any of the green ball guns attached to it) or bayonet (Ok, plastic knife. It's not real. As much as I would love to... :)) attachment. If it works out, I'll post that.

(I'm new here. If I seem out-of-place, it's because I am. :lol: Don't kill me, please.)

Nah, you're fine. Welcome to NerfHaven.

You took the words out of my mouth; I'm pretty surprised how nicely the Titan airtank fits right were the Mav turret was. I like air guns. And I like big pistols. And this thing is both.

I still have a SS2 working assembly and haven't put it in anything yet....I never even thought of the Maverick as the foundation. Only problem is I have 5 and none of them are broken (the usual reason why I make integrations and hybrids).

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#16 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

On a slightly related note, I'm working on repurposing the aperature sight included with the Recon to be a grenade launcher (Any of the green ball guns attached to it) or bayonet (Ok, plastic knife. It's not real. As much as I would love to... :)) attachment. If it works out, I'll post that.

(I'm new here. If I seem out-of-place, it's because I am. :lol: Don't kill me, please.)

Nah, you're fine. Welcome to NerfHaven.

You took the words out of my mouth; I'm pretty surprised how nicely the Titan airtank fits right were the Mav turret was. I like air guns. And I like big pistols. And this thing is both.

I still have a SS2 working assembly and haven't put it in anything yet....I never even thought of the Maverick as the foundation. Only problem is I have 5 and none of them are broken (the usual reason why I make integrations and hybrids).

-Piney-

Well, Nerf pistols are the magnums of magnums. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this, really. If you wanna put it in anything, I'd suggest what I'm doing; sort of. Glue the air tank to the aperature sight attachment, create a bracer between the back of the rocket barrel and the front of the gun (Just to make sure nothing gets caught), glue a bit of PVC pipe that snugly fits the Recon's bore to the bracer, and voila! WWII-era rifle grenade!

I actually just thought of that. I need to get another Recon and 2 more Titans... I have a bunch of plans now.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#17 Nobber

Nobber

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:35 AM

Nice mod man. I'm wondering, is is more inconveient to pump since the original screw-on pump "chamber" is off?
-You Commie! You Fascist! You anti federalist! You anarchist! You, you Walmart...
-These days, because of the energy crisis, if Santa gave me coal, I'd be happy delighted.
I'd go emo if there wasn't nerf. - DarkShrimp

#18 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

Only problem is I have 5 and none of them are broken (the usual reason why I make integrations and hybrids).

-Piney-

I guess some people just have all the luck. I didn't mind sacrificing mine, none of the Mavericks I have acquired (even the one Hasbro sent me after multiple exchanges at Target kept bringing in duds) have ever fired more then 2 shots out of six. I really like the actual design of the blaster though, so they aren't complete waste.

Edit:

Nice mod man. I'm wondering, is is more inconveient to pump since the original screw-on pump "chamber" is off?

It's not too bad, when I used it in the Minnesnowta war the pump came out while pumping 3-4 times, but it wasn't a big deal. I was wearing gloves so it was pretty comfortable even without a handle, but its a little painful with bare hands, so I'll have to do something about that.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 24 January 2009 - 12:53 AM.

#19 General Nerf

General Nerf

• Banned
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

Dude that is beast! Props to you. Is it any heavy?
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I am Rambo Fear me with all your might! ugh nnnnnoooooo I just got shot with a nerf dart! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! eh..eh..help me...

#20 lazer371

lazer371

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Wow nice, But won't you have to carry alot of ammo for that? Well not really alot but because of the size of it.
I aint plannen' on unlearnin' no grammer.
(makes you think....)

They say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." What?!?!?!?!
I say, "Screw that! Give me a bigger gun!"

#21 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

Dude that is beast! Props to you. Is it any heavy?

Not much heavier then a regular Maverick. Mostly it's just shifted the balance forwards a bit.

Wow nice, But won't you have to carry alot of ammo for that? Well not really alot but because of the size of it.

It does run through ammo quickly, but not in the manner you are thinking. I use the triple barrel attachment instead of the missile usually, so I spit out three darts every time I pull the trigger. Once I get a few more missiles though I'll definitely be making some type of bandoleer to carry them in. I have a few ideas for the elusive Titan mortar/grenade launcher that other people have tried to make in the past, but there's no point to posting them yet since they're just in the old noggin.

#22 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:55 AM

It is pretty beastly, but if it were mine, I'd add a large, comfortable grip to that pump handle to make pumping it easier, and holding it more comfortable. What I'm thinking is something that would cover most of the protruding pump like a sleeve, with a soft or molded grip surface on the bottom, so that it wouldn't add any additional length to the front of the blaster.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users